Diablo® III

Ancient Serpent

http://www.diabloprogress.com/item/24162080

so i keep seeing this ammy pop up and now i see the same one on 13 players according to diabloprogress. there's one for sale on AH for 1.6B and i can afford, but if this is a duped item, is there a risk on my part for buying it?

20K dps increase for me with this thing, soooo, what do my fellow monks think?
Reply Quote
i want it soooooo baaaad lol
even i think is duped though but still want it :D
Edited by CharlesDur#1834 on 2/7/2013 8:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
Go for it, should be fine if you dont mind its a duped item.
Reply Quote
LOL, that amulet would be a slight DPS decrease for me, but massive EHP increase due to the massive vit.

My amulet rocks
Reply Quote
WTH is with all these dupers? Seriously.
Reply Quote
for sure Blizard is making profit from them as well, but they must do something about it , it's kind of not fair .
Edited by CharlesDur#1834 on 2/7/2013 9:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
Go for it. I bought a duped Nat's Soul(There where 10 up w/ the same stats/b/o/price/and time left) like 5 months ago and I still got it.
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 09:29 AMPosted by CharlesDur
for sure Blizard is making profit from them as well, but they must do something about it , it's kind of not fair .

But since they're making a profit, they don't care so I think it's safe to buy dupes.
Reply Quote

speaking of "fair" whoever is duping these things is making $hit tons of gold, how do i buy it, dupe it, then sell 1000 of them for 100M each and cash out?
Reply Quote
http://www.diabloprogress.com/item/24162080

so i keep seeing this ammy pop up and now i see the same one on 13 players according to diabloprogress. there's one for sale on AH for 1.6B and i can afford, but if this is a duped item, is there a risk on my part for buying it?

20K dps increase for me with this thing, soooo, what do my fellow monks think?

There is zero risk for the buyer.
Reply Quote
go for it.

p.s. If you do, welcome to the club
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
I would not spend 1.6b on an ammy with BoA ammys coming in 1.0.7.

The relative value of that ammy (even if you never craft a single BoA item) will decrease steadily over time as people craft strictly superior BoA ammys and are therefore removed from the potential "buyers" pool.

This will decrease the demand without affecting the supply and thus decrease the price of that ammy.

Just my 2 cents! :D

-Druin, the happy monk
Reply Quote

The relative value of that ammy (even if you never craft a single BoA item) will decrease steadily over time as people craft strictly superior BoA ammys and are therefore removed from the potential "buyers" pool.

This will decrease the demand without affecting the supply and thus decrease the price of that ammy.

-Druin, the happy monk

you know Druin is always right btw lol
Reply Quote
you know Druin is always right btw lol

yup, his TR guide got my monk to P100!

but damn, this gold is burning a hole in my pocket! i spend more time on AH then playing the damn game
Reply Quote

-Druin, the happy monk

Interesting.

You know, I had been thinking about how much gold 1.0.7 might remove from the market (with gems and crafting) and how much that might reduce the cost of items. I had considered that the BoA items being BiS might decrease the value of current items because they are no longer BiS, but I hadn't thought about it strictly in terms of the actual item supply side was increasing as well. Prices may actually drop pretty fast.

Also, I wonder if we'll see big a bump in the value of gold shortly around when 1.0.7 goes live. (Maybe even before)
Reply Quote
4 on the AH, trigger finger is itchy! part of me is still questioning the legitimacy of duped items...

yet, how many of you have the "Rip Breath" sword now? haha
Reply Quote
As others have said, there are 4 for sale on AH.

Duped is duped, if you want to pay that much for a duped item, buy it.
Reply Quote
Druin's point is likely the only weight for why you should or should not buy this. (this assumes that you value the ammy at the current price its listed at).
Reply Quote
I also agree with Druin. With 1.07 and the new crafting of amulets, gloves and bracers in particular, it is entirely probable that you will be able to craft some very solid pieces. For that reason, I am holding off on upgrading any of those pieces, in particular, my amulet.

That being said, if the duped amulet had AR, I would sadly buy it.
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 11:57 AMPosted by jco310
Duped is duped, if you want to pay that much for a duped item, buy it.

i don't, so the search continues! btw where's your axe?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]