Diablo® III

Ancient Serpent

I have an ancient serpent. But its not for sale >:O
Reply Quote
Your chances of actually crafting a BoA ammy that good is what, 1 in 10million or less?

The item may drop in price, but it seems that the trend is the BiS items stay highly priced from what I have seen.
Reply Quote
All depends how lucky you get, per usual. If you wish to pay 1.5B or more for an amulet, Ancient Serpent would probably be a good buy.

@Anhilator

I have my axe, the sword on my profile is for PvP only since I do not need LS or LOH.
Reply Quote
Your chances of actually crafting a BoA ammy that good is what, 1 in 10million or less?

The item may drop in price, but it seems that the trend is the BiS items stay highly priced from what I have seen.

Doesn't matter. The day you buy it is the day you'll roll something close or better then it.
At least that's how my luck is.
Reply Quote

Doesn't matter. The day you buy it is the day you'll roll something close or better then it.
At least that's how my luck is.

But, if you'd pay that much for it, isn't that fine? Just put the new one on the AH, or put the duped item back.
Reply Quote
I can see it now Vrkhyz. Buy duped item, craft better. Put duped item on AH. Banned for duping.
Reply Quote
Too good to pass up. Sold my 4.5cc mempo and my old Ammy and gems for one of these. Loving it.
Reply Quote
Also, pretty sure my ring is duped as well...they have let me keep it so far. Now to save for another good mempo again.
Reply Quote
@Rooster

nice ammy btw looks like mine :P
selling my mempo ya know 900 m

@ Topic

many of us have duped items , i see on AH my Vile Ward exactly the same for sure is duped but i didn't know and if it's duped so what , we buy items from AH not cheating , so not our fault though , but yeah Blizz have to do something , but not sure they can stop that on 100 %.

And for the next patch , about the crafting we all know how RNG lottery works, so really not a big fan on Crafting good items ,crafted so many HF rings and what NADA , Scrapz is the other example lol 100 HF VIT Rings and all 100 r not good .
Edited by CharlesDur#1834 on 2/9/2013 11:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 03:59 PMPosted by Enot
I can see it now Vrkhyz. Buy duped item, craft better. Put duped item on AH. Banned for duping.

Step 3: Profit?
Reply Quote
Charlesdur, we gotta do ubers soon! Ancient serpent ftw!

I'll have to pass on the mempo for now....broke and need a 9AS one since I'm a skorn user.

This ammy has me thinking about a lacuni bracer with all res now...the idea of swinging my skorn at 1.69 is tempting. But going back to a 4.5 mempo is like 16k upgrade. And now my gems suck....so I'll be busy for a while.
Reply Quote
either of you guys wearing said amulet willing to let me test drive it? i'd be giving up a lot of resists for lots of dps, not sure if it's even worth it. thanks
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile

I think it is possible that you are highly undervaluing the statistical advantage that auto-rolling 200+ mainstat and auto-rolling 6 properties gives BoA ammys over random-drop ammys.

Because the "ancient serpent" rare ammy has only 5 truly BiS stats and even those aren't really BiS (vit is low dex is low), you need to roll 3x DPS stats at high values (IAS CHC CHD) and then 1 other "useful" stat to make a BoA ammy worth as much or more (will always have more dex) than the Ancient Serpent.

FINDING this type of roll would be very hard because you only get amulets a small % of the time and those amulets are only 6 affix rares a small percentage of that time. However, (assuming you have large funds) you now get to roll a 6 affix ammy once every ~5 elites.

That is a VERY large difference. I would roll maybe one or two 6 affix ammys per hour in 1.0.6 and now I will be looking at ~30 and they have a GREATLY increased chance of being good because 1 roll is fixed AND higher than I could previously roll it.

From my limited testing on the PTR, rolling good BoA items won't be that hard ... we will just move into a phase where you assume each top-tier player will have perfect 6 roll gloves/ammy/bracer and it will become a competition of who has a higher AR roll! :D
Edited by Druin#1518 on 2/11/2013 11:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
Looks like prices went up a bit to 1.9b when I looked at it yesterday.
Reply Quote
Druin makes a great point.

Sure it will still take loads of attempts to get something good, but the chances of making something good will still be better than finding something good.
Reply Quote
so if thats the case, please dontate ancient serpent to me :D
Reply Quote
02/11/2013 11:14 AMPosted by Druin
From my limited testing on the PTR, rolling good BoA items won't be that hard

From my testing on PTR, rolling a better BoA item than I have in glove and ammy slot is "0."

You didn't roll anything better than you have already right?
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
From my limited testing on the PTR, rolling good BoA items won't be that hard

From my testing on PTR, rolling a better BoA item than I have in glove and ammy slot is "0."

You didn't roll anything better than you have already right?

EZmode rolled better gloves.

Edit: but it's not like that is the point. I meant that I was able to farm essences quickly enough that producing hundreds of rolls a day shouldn't be all that hard.

Rolling 100+ of anything a day will get me a good item in no time.
Edited by Druin#1518 on 2/11/2013 6:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/11/2013 06:33 PMPosted by Druin
Rolling 100+ of anything a day will get me a good item in no time.

I certainly hope so. I would love to craft gear like mine with AR. I'll never be able to afford it in the AH!
Reply Quote
Unlike magic find or other similar things (best routes for farming, etc.) the math for crafting the BoA items and determining how long it will take to get a good roll is not that hard to do. It has already been done :):

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/16n7s5/

And here is a small excerpt:

In order to get an amulet with 3 really useful rolls in addition to a high primary stat, where at least 2 of those rolls are cc/cd/as, AND adding in a small factor ensuring that those rolls are in the top half or so of the range of rolls (so cc between 7-10, cd between 65-100, as between 6-9), you'd have to roll about an expected 4000 amulets. It would give you an amulet that, for example, looks like this:
200 int
8 cc
70 cd
55 AR
2 random, less valuable affixes
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]