Diablo® III

help me build a ww/hota hybrid

I've been experimenting with this build and I really like it...gives me the utility and speed of ww/sprint and lets me crank down elites with hota which helps a ton against mobs that run and higher mp elites...looking for some advice gearing out...

Right now I'm using skorn with some ias stuff and animosity...works great,especially for hota, but I cant keep wotb up and fury management is a bit of a pain in the !@#. I've seen video's of some of the gg barbs on this forum maintaining wotb with skorn but they all have gg gears and 7 slots of gg ias gears which a bum like me cant afford...

Would I be better off dual wield? I could hit the 2.5 aps mark everyone seems to aim for on standard ww builds and gearing would be alot more flexible and it would free up the passive slot ...and if I do go dw, should i go for an EF oh for the aps or go with 2 rares with better dps? The damage range on affordable EFs is pretty low cuz the ias inflates it and the fear is annoying...I see 1k+ dps 1h axes with cd/ls/socket for around 100m buyout.....would 2 of those be better considering I wanna use hota?

Any input would be appreciated....I have about 200m to spend and I don't wanna waste it.
Edited by DRE#1850 on 2/1/2013 10:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
The problem with DW HOTA is that you need high dps weapons for both hands, else your HOTA damage will be gimped. That can be pretty expensive. And since you're wanting to do WW/HOTA, one of those weapons will need to be an EF with high dps.
Reply Quote
I assume you've seen DAKKON's guides and videos. Looks to me like you're almost there, just swap CD on your jewelry and gloves for IAS. Your DPS will drop a bit but you'll be able to WW effectively.
Reply Quote
@bigtexasdan: thats why im thinking 2 rare 1k+dps weapons...think i could pull off a decent hybrid without gimping either the hota or ww aspect of it too badly?

@silverfire: yea i saw his videos and thread, his gear is ridiculous though...i know i could get enough ias but maintaining ehp might be a problem on my average joe budget...if i do try and build like he did, 7 slots of 9 ias to hit the breakpoint correct?
Reply Quote
how does 2 1k dps 1 handers with high dmg range compare to a skorn though? i have a few 1handers layin around but i like my skorn.
Reply Quote
@bigtexasdan: thats why im thinking 2 rare 1k+dps weapons...think i could pull off a decent hybrid without gimping either the hota or ww aspect of it too badly?

@silverfire: yea i saw his videos and thread, his gear is ridiculous though...i know i could get enough ias but maintaining ehp might be a problem on my average joe budget...if i do try and build like he did, 7 slots of 9 ias to hit the breakpoint correct?

I don't see what the problem is. You already have lacunis, inna's, mempo and witching. That's already 4/7 of the slots. You rings and amulet don't have much EHP on them, so what'd you be losing by switching them out?
Reply Quote
I actually use a WW/HoTA hybrid build while farming MP10. Best of both worlds, massive single target DPS, and all the speed an mobility of WW. All I do is swap out rend with WW in my build.
Reply Quote
I run that build while farming. I replace the fury generator slot with HOTA and use the IK 5 set bonus to kick off at first. My skill set and gear's in my profile. I usually farm mp5. Have not tried the higher mps tho but I i think my limit is 7 for this gear set because I'm missing a slot of LS
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]