Diablo® III

It is official my monk is a better Wizard

My gear level is not equal yet but I have tested on the PTR and with Cyclone strike my monk is an AOE beast now it is very fun but am sad for my wizard who is offically the weakest class.
Reply Quote
You have a very strange assortment of gear on your wizard. No wonder your monk is better.
Reply Quote
My Wizard does MP 6 fine just a unique build
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 02:14 PMPosted by Lilspark

270k unbuffed dps and 140k ehp, ROFL
Reply Quote
And yet I am melee and rarely die why is that ;) D2progress EHP is misleading.

The smaller your health pool and more life return you have combined with good rez and force armor does great things.

Basically up to MP 6 I cannot be 1 shot and I regain health super fast like I said unique so much that the first few posters cannot see how it works yet think they know better.

I can afford any build this is the one that appeals to me so back on topic. Monks are going to be better at range then a Wizard will be,a CM will be better at MP 8-10 yes but any kiting build is weaker then the new monk at range which is silly .
Edited by Lilspark#1868 on 2/1/2013 2:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
And yet I am melee and rarely die why is that ;) D2progress EHP is misleading.

The smaller your health pool and more life return you have combined with good rez and force armor does great things.

Basically up to MP 6 I cannot be 1 shot and I regain health super fast like I said unique so much that the first few posters cannot see how it works yet think they know better.

I can afford any build this is the one that appeals to me so back on topic. Monks are going to be better at range then a Wizard will be,a CM will be better at MP 8-10 yes but any kiting build is weaker then the new monk at range which is silly .

why do you play with that build? archon is way better and your build seems boring as fck.
Reply Quote
ya llilspark with the lilballz
Edited by Magician#1838 on 2/1/2013 4:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
Thx Magician the Wizard forums are normally troll free compared to general discussion

Gave you a compliment and you edit to insult me odd but no worries this is the internet
Edited by Lilspark#1868 on 2/1/2013 5:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
i think your build is beast
Reply Quote
i dont agree monk is better than wiz but then it appears that uve sunk more money into ur monk then me lilspark, ignore gears i have him in a tr setup rite now but i spent maybe a 100mil (60 on weapons) and i can do mp7 in a group i dont know if thats possible for wiz
Reply Quote
Wow nice skorn OP, one of the best i've seen.
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 04:22 PMPosted by Lilspark
Thx Magician the Wizard forums are normally troll free compared to general discussion

the dps multipler of your build is very low.

Spectral blades is a mp3 build:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7199910399#1

go archon
Reply Quote
Blades is not the main damage dealer calamity is and at 260 % is just a little under Archon and 2 million damage crits are fun.

Archon for me is dull I am at some point going to make a disintegrate build work though I enjoy making quirky builds that work.
I can clear Mp 5 only a little slower then when I go full 500K DPS Archon. I will say after Mp 5 it falls well behind for speed but is viable up to mp 7.

As for Monk not a complaint I am actually able to enjoy her now all I really want is the same treatment for wizard.
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 03:57 PMPosted by skmattos
why do you play with that build? archon is way better and your build seems boring as fck.

Dude, relax. People get to play whatever build is fun for them.

I played spectral blades and archon, using archon to level paragon exclusively, and I can say that that was boring. I used blades for fun.

Using one build is like using one sex position all the time. Boring!
Reply Quote
bow chicka wow wow.

but wiz owns monk in dueling, right?
Reply Quote
It's official that my 0 dog WD rules the world...
just kidding...
I have a pretty tanky monk but I can't figure out how to gen spirit in pvp.
Oh well...
Reply Quote
i did do some testing out of curiosity a few weeks back when my wiz and monk were roughly about the same dps (110 vs 106k) respectively.

strangely enough, spamming cookie cutter overawe on the monk game me the same kill times on MP8 ghom as the non gimped SA build. and this without taking advantage of the pre 1.07 snapshot.
Reply Quote
Monk can deal more damage with the same gear level as Wiz. But Wiz survive better generally because of Archon defense boost or freeze. I think both are good, no class is weak if geared properly imo
Reply Quote

270k unbuffed dps and 140k ehp, ROFL

I was stating a fact....your ik gloves really set me off O,o. ^ This guy is trolling. Though, making a claim like your monk is better than your wiz, you should expect some flack :)
Edited by KillerElite#1853 on 2/2/2013 5:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
been using monk myself lately and i must say cyclone strike-implosion is a total crowd control! now you know how it feels to have a vortex skill :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]