Diablo® III

Gearing your CM wizard *Instructional Vids*

Hey Community,

So I'm going to go out on a limb and say that our beloved CM build will still be viable coming up to and through the next patch basically with the same specifications as we are currently using.

There are many misinformed new wizards that are constantly seeking help towards gearing, so this video is mostly for them. Many veterns on this forum will obviously have no need for such guides, but it can have some entertainment value and of course I always value your comments.

So i'm going to make this a series on how to gear your CM (completely entry, middle, higher) with a slated budget and i'll go through the how and whys for the gear that is being used and my purchasing methods.

I want this to be an educational resource for those that are in need of some "guidance" in a more visual way.

All videos will have audio commentary (my voice is awful) and i'll do my best to keep them short and condensed.

I'll keep the thread clean and updated as I upload new videos, please comment below or on channel. Would like to hear some suggestions for other video topics and some budgets for the middle and higher gear tier brackets I'm thinking (50m and 250m).

Anyone that need any type of gearing service, i love doing new projects for people ! Hit me up in game if you are so inclined!

So far 100% guarenteed satisfication :)

Check my gear sale thread:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7979989151

Budget: 1 million gold Wizard

*****Video: *****

Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2fmacmrWG0
Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNtBK6judk8

Recommended MP: 1+

Results:

Subtracting Paragon 100/ Unbuffed

26k DPS
~550-600 AR
~3800 armor
450 LOH
28 APOC
47% CC
2.14 APS

Total cost: 565k

Budget: 50 million gold Wizard

Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVX_-cJa0lU
Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlEa3iPVTUo

Recommended MP: 3-5

Results:

54k DPS
~650 AR
~5000 armor
400 LOH
20 APOC
51% CC
2.74 APS

Total cost: 44.6 million

Budget: 250 million gold Wizard

Part 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsClQCM9B6Y

Part 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL7HVWbSC9U

Part 3: (MP7 and MP10 action!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUsPi8NfgZA

Recommended MP: 5-7 Uber 10

Results:

114k DPS
~610-700 AR
~4600 armor
970 LOH
20 APOC
49.5% CC
2.74 APS
33.5k HP

Total cost: 240.16 million

Budget: 1 Billion gold Wizard

Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNb4onXR9r4

Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3XyUyHUCIg

Part 3: (MP10 action!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW6Gt_PNxX8

Recommended MP: 7+ Uber 10

Results:

150k DPS
~725 AR
~5000 armor
870 LOH
20 APOC
51% CC
2.74 APS
37k HP

Total cost: 954.56 million

Budget: 3 Billion gold Wizard

Part 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgr-m7s4KNo

Part 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Do7wE14ig8

Recommended MP: 7+ Uber 10

Results:

208k DPS
~810 AR
~4500 armor
1050 LOH
19 APOC
52% CC
2.74 APS
30k HP

Total cost: 2.579 billion gold

********BRAND NEW 4-BIL BUDGET (4/28/2013)*************

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8728253500?page=1#10

Enjoy, and I welcome comments. Thanks !
Edited by Boozor#1433 on 4/29/2013 1:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
wow nice work booz. Please do a 20m wiz someday. realistically that what ppl can pickup on way to inferno after some grinding, ....MP10 capable if you have 2.73 and proper mtgations..totally doable with 20m

ill donate whole 20m if u need but dont have time for proof of concept
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 2/1/2013 4:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
I will watch these after dinner. I am in the process of re-gearing for CM from an archon type build >_> I'm at the point where I don't know where to go next without gimping myself too badly somewhere, so trying to read up and not end up looking like @_@

And doing it without selling my monk. Selling my monk is not an option.
Reply Quote
wow nice work booz. Please do a 20m wiz someday. realistically that what ppl can pickup on way to inferno after some grinding, ....MP10 capable if you have 2.73 and proper mtgations..totally doable with 20m

ill donate whole 20m if u need but dont have time for proof of concept

I don't think 20m can do it to be honest, but its worth a shot. Most people asking for help nowadays are stepping into intermediate 50m+ ranges. Higher quality items and more item juggling for stats is where people make the most mistakes IMO. Not saying i'm overly good @ it but I can at least share my experiences and mistakes.

I'm thinking 50m for the "intermediate" level wizard. And more like 250m for "higher" even I don't think a 50m and 250m wizard will differ too much anyways, just DPS.

Beyond 250m is probably 2.5B for significant changes. Really no point doing a 250m wiz then 1B wiz. Basically the same.
Reply Quote
I will watch these after dinner. I am in the process of re-gearing for CM from an archon type build >_> I'm at the point where I don't know where to go next without gimping myself too badly somewhere, so trying to read up and not end up looking like @_@

And doing it without selling my monk. Selling my monk is not an option.

If you already have wizard gear it will be cheaper since you can use generic items like shoulders/chest/pants/belt to start off small.

Like as I've shown... 565k you can swing for a full set. Any larger budget, you'll definately have better stats just need some guidence.
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 04:16 PMPosted by Boozor
Beyond 250m is probably 2.5B for significant changes. Really no point doing a 250m wiz then 1B wiz. Basically the same.

Not sure about this. A billion and you're talking about being able to afford a Mempo/APOC Source/Decent Chant Will with drips and drabs elsewhere.
Reply Quote

Not sure about this. A billion and you're talking about being able to afford a Mempo/APOC Source/Decent Chant Will with drips and drabs elsewhere.

mmmm

Nothing signicantly better then what a 250m wizard can provide.

Decent 3.5CC mempo is around 200m, 225+ average damage 9+ APOC force is around 200m, decent 1080dps 1.65 wand is around 150m. After that your still going to need 10 items for the remaining 450m. It would be close, but probably do-able. I'd say ~150k dps @ 2.73 with corresponding defensive stats can be done with 1B. But for 250m you'll probably get something in the 100-120k dps range and possibly in the 3.0 aps range with a IAS wand.

After 250m the price/performence not really worth it, and I don't think most people have 1B to start off gearing a new class.

And also the biggest thin is ..... that I don't have 1B laying around to gear a new wizard =)
Edited by Boozor#1433 on 2/1/2013 5:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
Basically it is looking like I need to get rid of my Zuni's and replace my rings >_< That isn't going to be cheap, but that is where I am lacking IAS.
Crap.
Reply Quote
Sinafae,

Disclaimer: While I haven't watched Booz's vid's I know his CM knowledge is far greater than mine but I'll add some insight I've had while building my CM offset.

Since you team up with a monk (I believe you mentioned that in a previous thread) you can start CM by focusing on the synergy of the build first. To me that means IAS up to 2.74 APS breakpoint, about 1000 LOH and 2 sources of APOC. This is starter for CM so you basically get the spinup and synergy of the build.

CM's a great setup and a ton of fun especially when you can group with people consistently; you provide a TON of group friendly assets to the team.

Feel free to drop a line ingame.
Reply Quote
^

Perfectly sound advice.

I will dive into more details on higher budget builds on my upcoming videos.

The first one I posted is very much a beginner entry level build. Literally entry.

It might not apply to a lot of people who are couple steps past this stage, but the foundations are there in the current video :)
Reply Quote
Thanks to you both :) I do generally run with Monks, as Monk is my main. I have gotten my APS to 1.95 unbuffed (no enchantress) and have the two APoC sources (got that Chant's Will you suggested the other day Nanji), and am talking to a wiz friend in game too for some other tips. (Also have 772 LoH, so not quite to the 1k you are suggesting, but close and have some regen too)
I kind of feel like I have to butcher and rip apart my current non-IAS gear, but want to do so in a tactful manner so I don't drop too much res and vit. Working with a tiny budget until some of my old gear sells, so it's a juggling act, but one that will be worth it :D
Edited by Sinafae#1771 on 2/1/2013 5:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
Now that's what I call infotainment! Very cool guides.
Edited by ChangBooster#1510 on 2/4/2013 1:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
cool post Boozer, but I need some advanced help. If you can spare some time lay some advice on me. I have almost 200 mil and not really sure what to do with it at this point.

I was thinking about a nattys and zunni rings and replace my boots with zunnis so i can get both set bonuses but I really dont know. Also i just found the inna's pants im currently wearing; I need the resist all but I also could use something like LoH so im not sure if i should sell em for something else. Im lost...
Reply Quote
Boozer, mind taking a look at my build? I just looked your character and copied the skill tree.

My bro has some much better gear to gift me later when he gets off work tonight.

Any other suggestions?

EDIT:
WOW, your build is pretty awesome albeit I was just running Inferno Act 2. Killed Maghda EASY. I LOVE the energy armor. Reminds me so much of D2 <3
Edited by GetToasty#1203 on 2/1/2013 7:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
Friend hooked me up with a Tal's chest, so I am rocking 2.11 APS now :D Getting closer!
Reply Quote
Hey this is great Boozor ! May you give me 1B if you subscribe to your channel :D

More serious, I think there is a substantial difference between 250M and 1B wiz. Every 10k DPS for SNS count because of multiplier, and with 750M, we can have significant upgrade in EHP, and/or CC and CD. Just going from 800M to ~1.2B made my Wiz so much better, so a 750M difference should even be more amazing.
Reply Quote
@ Chang

Will definately adjust the music a bit lower so the mic is more front and center next time. Obviously pretty rough unrehearsed filming, i'll be more polished for my next one.

@Sinafae

Just follow the video it will steer you in the right direction to start. The intermediate video will add more meat when I get it posted.

@Hobo

Not sure if your gear is what you have in your profile. But you only have 10 APOC. Not to mention 20k HP. Other glaring stats is your resist all, very low. Seems like a jumble of parts, would need the right profile before proper assessment can be made.

250m to 1B
????

Hey I'll say tha its do-able. I'm just not a fan of low end, top tier items, compared to TOP end, low teir items.

ie. 3.0cc mempos with 160 INT, low dmg apoc forces. low dps socket wands,

These 3 "top tier" items can be offset pretty closely in of terms of DPS and @ a fraction of the cost by using: (Yes, I know mempo gives 70+ AR)

ie. top tier storm crow, nice top end dps force, nice dps IAS wand.

You guys get the idea.

Not saying these are bad, no not at all. But from my own past experience, I've always regretted middling purchases and dreaded upgrading them. I should have saved my money with top grade low tier items before venturing into the top tier items.So you can see how I didn't feel 1B was do-able for a significant difference. But of course it can be done.
Reply Quote
for that 250m to 1b range i think i fit in there and ur not considering an andy with low fire dmg and ar on it, its my uber helm and i actually have it equiped rite now
for farmin i use a pur rolled int mempo. did i cheap out yes, but i dont have a low dps os wand or a low dmg apoc force (its mid-high)
my next gear upgrades are however gonna be expensive as i need a cc nats and maybe ill go after a cc mempo (>5cc)
tbh u have to have a plan for how u envision u want to gear ur char, not many ppl do which is what trips em up

sorry if im thread jacking but sometimes ppl dont consider all of their options which is y im mentioning what i did since its not atypical of the normal tal rasha gearin strat and im also sadly over the 250mil gearing pathway
Edited by SteelPhantom#1820 on 2/1/2013 11:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
for that 250m to 1b range i think i fit in there and ur not considering an andy with low fire dmg and ar on it, its my uber helm and i actually have it equiped rite now
for farmin i use a pur rolled int mempo. did i cheap out yes, but i dont have a low dps os wand or a low dmg apoc force (its mid-high)
my next gear upgrades are however gonna be expensive as i need a cc nats and maybe ill go after a cc mempo (>5cc)
tbh u have to have a plan for how u envision u want to gear ur char, not many ppl do which is what trips em up

sorry if im thread jacking but sometimes ppl dont consider all of their options which is y im mentioning what i did since its not atypical of the normal tal rasha gearin strat and im also sadly over the 250mil gearing pathway

Yep, I hear you steel.

I outline all my gear and the stats I need from them to hit certain goals. I budget accordingly especially when i'm on a stricter budget with a wider range of gear to choose from.

For the purposes of this exercise, i'm going to try to stay within the median of CM gear and gearing to give people a more general idea.

ie. 2.73 APS, BT pants, SC/Mempo, Chant's set etc.

Of course Andys, BT set, Zuni set, Slorak's/Daggers, etc can be used, but just not as common. I will mention this in upcoming videos that it is more a general guideline, and not a definitive guideline (end all be all) I hope people already feel that way about it though.
Reply Quote
Yeah gearing CM WIz you will need plan.

And I though my Zuni plan was pretty good until I realized I can use CC nats + IAS Zuni and cheat my way to the same DPS level and more EHP. Fml. Cheaper setup too.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]