Diablo® III

Gearing your CM wizard *Instructional Vids*

To expedite the process Im considering the option of taking on someone's "budget" (larger scale) to gear up a higher end wizard (1b for example)

Of course I would ask for permission to video all gear etc.

Other stipulations would probably include the gear set would be very median and stats would be commonly accepted as "good".

Would also like it to take a bit more time. Probably could not build a 1B set in 30 mins for max value.

Will also consider 250m as upcoming budget.

Currently working framework for 50m budget.

Stay tuned :)

PS thanks novice again
Edited by Boozor#1433 on 2/2/2013 1:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
Np man you are a true beast now, I think only a few guys in these forums are better than you lol

Luckily you got it also, pretty sure I couldn't resist for long lol
Reply Quote
Np man you are a true beast now, I think only a few guys in these forums are better than you lol

Luckily you got it also, pretty sure I couldn't resist for long lol

Been looking for that elusive "quin-fecta" + base stat for a long time... this will have to do !

Pretty pumped to finally hit the goal !
Reply Quote
I agree with the 250m or 1b budget. I'm going to be hitting the 250m point pretty soon after a few more moves. For me to make the jump I would like to get a cc mempo, blackthorne cross, and apoc force which will push my budget to 1b to get that gear in mid range quality.
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 11:13 PMPosted by Boozor
I should have saved my money with top grade low tier items before venturing into the top tier items.So you can see how I didn't feel 1B was do-able for a significant difference

I think a lot of us made these kinds of purchases before they were necessary only to have to pay for it by upgrading minimal pieces. There have been several occasions in the past where ive had to buy a piece of gear almost identical to what I already had just to gain 1 ias or 20-30 more AR and so on.

1b level gearing is a difficult level to make a guide for because between the 250 and 1b point many of us took several different gearing routes that worked with their unique pros and cons.

I think it would, however, be helpful to people if for this 250m-1b area of gearing you made a guide showing some of the most solid routes to take and what their benefits / obstacles are (such as OS vs IAS wand lacuni and inna vs bt and rare bracer, gearing yp for high mitigation as priority vs gearing up for dps as priority, 2.7 aps vs 3.01 vs 3.3, and relative to the current aps 50 cc vs 55 cc vs 60-70 cc, and so on).

End gear is pretty clear in what the (few) options are for best in slot, but there are several different ways I've seen wizards successfully work their way there.
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 11:43 PMPosted by Phal
I should have saved my money with top grade low tier items before venturing into the top tier items.So you can see how I didn't feel 1B was do-able for a significant difference

I think a lot of us made these kinds of purchases before they were necessary only to have to pay for it by upgrading minimal pieces. There have been several occasions in the past where ive had to buy a piece of gear almost identical to what I already had just to gain 1 ias or 20-30 more AR and so on.

1b level gearing is a difficult level to make a guide for because between the 250 and 1b point many of us took several different gearing routes that worked with their unique pros and cons.

I think it would, however, be helpful to people if for this 250m-1b area of gearing you made a guide showing some of the most solid routes to take and what their benefits / obstacles are (such as OS vs IAS wand lacuni and inna vs bt and rare bracer, gearing yp for high mitigation as priority vs gearing up for dps as priority, 2.7 aps vs 3.01 vs 3.3, and relative to the current aps 50 cc vs 55 cc vs 60-70 cc, and so on).

End gear is pretty clear in what the (few) options are for best in slot, but there are several different ways I've seen wizards successfully work their way there.

Thx for the well thought out response.

I actually just finished putting together my 50m budget wizard. Waiting for the upload before I post the results.

My next guide would probably 250m, but I'm hesistant to enter into the 1B territory because like you've stated, its really about what people choose to do. Its hard to say what is "right" and "wrong".

Even my gear choices for these budget builds are going off of more popular item combinations.

Currently at the 50m level, choices for IAS/OS and the other options are still limited. But on the next video (250m budgeT) I will definately dwell more into the choices and options for gear choices since budget really determines what people can achieve in the end.
Reply Quote
View profile
at 50 and 250m i think u can fairly definitive in gear choices due to budget constraints, but above that the choices are vast.
I think for 1 bil the only thing u can really do is paint broad strokes for stats that should buy u
ie. approx dps, armor, ar, cc, apoc, loh, hp,
cause there are too many options to play with for all of us
i mean consider decablo, vs shandler vs charlatan they all probably spent a similar amount albeit way over a billion but none of them are geared the same (not counting aph cause i hear hes enjoyin that archon lyfe)
Reply Quote
Updated:

New 50 million budget video has been uploaded.

Enjoy :)
Reply Quote
Thanks for the 50m budget :) More where I am at, gave me some ideas.

Only issues: Still hard to hear you, I have to turn my volume all the way up. And melee is 'may-lay', honest to gods. My husband says it the same way you do and I can't help but wince XD
Reply Quote
Thanks for the 50m budget :) More where I am at, gave me some ideas.

Only issues: Still hard to hear you, I have to turn my volume all the way up. And melee is 'may-lay', honest to gods. My husband says it the same way you do and I can't help but wince XD

Thanks for your feedback,

I thought this time around I did a bit better with the sound volume, but i'll try to increase my voice volume next time around. Me-lee :)

Hope it was helpful :)
Reply Quote
It was very helpful, I appreciate the work you are putting into this guide!

ETA: Can't hear you at all in the second vid once you start killing stuff.
Edited by Sinafae#1771 on 2/3/2013 11:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
He didn't talk. Boozer on killing spreeeeee
Reply Quote
No, he said something, caught "life on hit" and that was it. XD
Reply Quote
Stupid soft voice.

Will yell from now on. Ty for comments.
Reply Quote
Hi Boozor....

I'm leveling a wiz at the moment, can someone take a quick look at my Barb and Witch Doc gear and let me know if any of it will be reasonable for a cheap CM Wiz Build. (Zuni gear and trifec rings etc). Just need to buy a Chantodo set. Also got an Intell Andrieas Visage.
Reply Quote
Hi Boozor....

I'm leveling a wiz at the moment, can someone take a quick look at my Barb and Witch Doc gear and let me know if any of it will be reasonable for a cheap CM Wiz Build. (Zuni gear and trifec rings etc). Just need to buy a Chantodo set. Also got an Intell Andrieas Visage.

Yes I would use the rings/gloves from your barb, and the shoulder from your WD.

Beyond that your going to have to spend to get an amulet with attack speed. You will need a half decent wand, judging by your other toons, the 50m budget is probably where you will end up.

Reason why I wouldn't use Andreil's visage or Mempo is because you really need 20 arcane power on crit. Really don't want to sway too far from this stat, it really hurts the functionailty of the build.

Just remember IAS and CC on all your items that can afford it. Also calculate using your wand of choice how much attack speed you will need to hit certain breakpoints. 2.0APS/ 2.31/ 2.51/2.73/3.01

EDIT: Witching hour is nice addition, you will see in the 50m video that I do indeed include the witching hour belt. Problem with "budget" witching hours is that they don't have alot of good stats, merely DPS boosting and the IAS. So if you can avoid it for now, a rare belt will do til you afford a better witching hour. Inna's same thing, really hurts you on the defensive front. Great for IAS and movement speed, but not much else. Best to stay away.
Edited by Boozor#1433 on 2/3/2013 2:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
Thanks for the reply Boozor.

I'l have a look for a Storm Crow then?
Instead of Zuni Chest would you suggest a Tal Rasha?
Yea i'll get a CC, IAS, LoH ammy
And I have a pair of basic Inna Pants and Witching Hour, but like you say heading towards a glass cannon. Could use my WD Pants?
Out of those IAS breakpoints, what should i really be aiming for the freeze build
Reply Quote
Thanks for the reply Boozor.

I'l have a look for a Storm Crow then?
Instead of Zuni Chest would you suggest a Tal Rasha?
Yea i'll get a CC, IAS, LoH ammy
And I have a pair of basic Inna Pants and Witching Hour, but like you say heading towards a glass cannon. Could use my WD Pants?
Out of those IAS breakpoints, what should i really be aiming for the freeze build

Storm crow is IDEAL for this build. I would say its a MUST until you can get arcane power on crit on a chantado's force off hand. (very expensive)

Zuni chest can work instead of tal rasha, it will come down to whether you need/want the IAS. Of course the highest break point obtainable is best if you can afford it. And by afford i mean money and defensive stats.

For my 50m budget wizard, I chose not to sacrifice all resistance and armor stats just to hit 2.73. So I decided against poor effective health inna pants and lacunis on that type of budget.

It will be up to you how much your willing to sacrifice. If you can afford a top notch speed wand you can afford to have less attack speed to hit break point. Ideally 90% of the population hits 2.73 and that is considered "end game", most don't see the need to go higher. At that breakpoint people are still able to balance DPS and defense relatively evenly at moderate costs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]