Diablo® III

Gearing your CM wizard *Instructional Vids*

Looking to move both sets people, pm me if any interest.
Reply Quote
View profile
I told my friend in game who wanted to make a CM wiz to get 2.5aps, 50cc, stack mitigation, etc, etc, then I just told him to look up the budget threads by this cool dude on the forums named Boozor!
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 01:51 PMPosted by ChangBooster
I told my friend in game who wanted to make a CM wiz to get 2.5aps, 50cc, stack mitigation, etc, etc, then I just told him to look up the budget threads by this cool dude on the forums named Boozor!

Thanks ! Appreciate it bud!
Reply Quote
Updated my gear with pieces off the buy&sell
Reply Quote
View profile
Liked and deserves a sticky.
Reply Quote
Updated my gear with pieces off the buy&sell

Your IAS is too low currently, sitting at 50% and 1.62 wand puts you at 2.43 unbuffed APS. Below 2.51 breakpoint.

Not where you want to be.

Resistance is ok for what it is, armor is not ok hovering around the low 3000s. Look at least get this over 4000.

Crit chance is too low as well. < 40%. Definately try to get over 45%. Your missing crit on bracers/amulet thats an easy 12-16% crit chance.

Visage helm is ok, but storm crow is a better option.
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 08:11 PMPosted by DomonKassui
Liked and deserves a sticky.

Thanks for the support Domo.

Also quick update on this series. I just completed my 250m budget wizard.

I am extremely happy with it, and so is "DOBIE" who was kind enough to fund the project and now he is the proud owner of the gear set. Hopefully he shows himself since his gear will be on camera.

Videos are being uploaded as we speak and results will be posted.

Thanks everyone enjoy :)
Reply Quote
Good work Boozer,

Post it in the Wizard Compendium and hopyfully AS00 comes back soon and adds all the new info.
Reply Quote
hi Boozor,

great stuff! this really helps and it surely should be a sticky.

if you don't mind may i ask for your advise as well.

most of the gears i have on me are from drops, friends and other friendly players, i bought the weapon and shoulders though.

will be great to know what is lacking in my wiz! :D
Reply Quote
Hey everyone,

Just uploaded the first 2 parts of my 250m Gear guide. Part 3 (action time) is uploading and will be posted shortly.

Please enjoy and of course am expecting all your beautiful criticisms of my mini glass cannons :)
Reply Quote
Commissioned a 250m set for the video, awesome stuff Boozor!
Super pleased with the set!
Reply Quote
Commissioned a 250m set for the video, awesome stuff Boozor!
Super pleased with the set!

Yes, he was working on it yesterday. I saw the set up and I was extremely impressed. Booz did an excellent job. How much commission did he get for the set up?

but in my opinion, one of ways to have fun d3 is trial and error. continual gear evolvement. I think you got him at a very good start.
Edited by yodatoy#1838 on 2/5/2013 12:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
Thanks yoda

Not a big deal on the commission I was happy to do it for the video.

I agree I think it's a great set and shows what can be done for the alotted budget.

Would like some more criticism on the gear and some more views for discussion :)

Also 1m and 50m set still Avaliable for anyone needing a start up

Cheers everyone appreciate the kind words.
Reply Quote
I realized I had a 60 wizard and apporx 130m so I followed your 50m guide and added another 40 or so (most on more expensive vile ward and witching hour) still looking for some bid-bargain so it's not yet complete. Would be nice of you to take a look in my profile and leave a comment!
Reply Quote
02/05/2013 01:19 PMPosted by Robiban
I realized I had a 60 wizard and apporx 130m so I followed your 50m guide and added another 40 or so (most on more expensive vile ward and witching hour) still looking for some bid-bargain so it's not yet complete. Would be nice of you to take a look in my profile and leave a comment!

No profile = no look.
Reply Quote
1m set off to a good home. :)

50m sell is missing the witching hour will go for 36m :)

PM for interest.

Again, thanks for the support everyone had a good time doing up these guides ^^
Reply Quote
Thats a decent set for 240 mil. I personally wouldn't go for 2.74 with that budget though. My wiz cost me almost exactly 240 mil (movement speed on the ice climbers taking up 1/4 of that cost) and I have more DPS and a ton more EHP against elites.
Reply Quote
Hi Boozor,

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Eclipse-1647/hero/19731055

Can I have your thoughts? About 20m spent. Bulk of gold was for the WH (was suppose to use it for my Barb but I didn't want to lose gold reselling it, so I used it here). Both rings were self-found so I saved a quite a bit of gold there as well.

I only wanted to hit the 2.74 to help with freezing so didn't build it for the DPS (which is why I'm using a few cheap low-end items). I know chc could be a little higher.
Reply Quote
Hey Boozor is it possible with only 500k? I'm serious, for real this time.
Reply Quote
Thats a decent set for 240 mil. I personally wouldn't go for 2.74 with that budget though. My wiz cost me almost exactly 240 mil (movement speed on the ice climbers taking up 1/4 of that cost) and I have more DPS and a ton more EHP against elites.

again, 2.74 will put out more real game dps then actual sheet dps. I learned it the hard way. and 2.74 will take care of your ehp as long as you got some descent amount of LOH. If you want to make a cm wiz, always work on 2.74APS and CC before ar/armor/hp.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]