Diablo® III

Gearing your CM wizard *Instructional Vids*

Great job. What do you have planned next? Are you going to make higher budget guide? I understand your reservations for slapping together a 1b setup but maybe laying out some guidelines as people progress beyond the 250m mark would be interesting.
Reply Quote
Dude this is exactly what I was looking for. You are awesome.

On a your audio is kind of low though on your 50M video. Really had to strain to hear you

Thanks man :)
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 07:23 AMPosted by yodatoy
Thats a decent set for 240 mil. I personally wouldn't go for 2.74 with that budget though. My wiz cost me almost exactly 240 mil (movement speed on the ice climbers taking up 1/4 of that cost) and I have more DPS and a ton more EHP against elites.

again, 2.74 will put out more real game dps then actual sheet dps. I learned it the hard way. and 2.74 will take care of your ehp as long as you got some descent amount of LOH. If you want to make a cm wiz, always work on 2.74APS and CC before ar/armor/hp.

In some circumstances LOH can replace EHP. In others it cant. I rarely die more than twice per run with glass cannon and shards on MP7. And that LOH isn't a great replacement for EHP against ubers when they hit you a few times. With 90ms latency I frequently mash explosive blast without it casting even though it's off of its cooldown. So I really doubt that the effective dps gains are that significant. And I believe Loroesse's CM/WW simulator shows that anything above 2.5 isn't adding much to the effective DPS multiplier.
Reply Quote
@boozer

Can you look at my wizard and give me any input?
Reply Quote
Hi Boozor,

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Eclipse-1647/hero/19731055

Can I have your thoughts? About 20m spent. Bulk of gold was for the WH (was suppose to use it for my Barb but I didn't want to lose gold reselling it, so I used it here). Both rings were self-found so I saved a quite a bit of gold there as well.

I only wanted to hit the 2.74 to help with freezing so didn't build it for the DPS (which is why I'm using a few cheap low-end items). I know chc could be a little higher.

For 20m, its not a bad setup, but noticable difference from 20m and 50m setup is the all resistance, and critical chance. Your next upgrades really need to get 3.5-4% crit chance on your storm crow. And crit chance lacunis. The reminder should be spent on AR on one more slot, like ring or glove would be most budget conscious.

Overall, I feel your on the right path, keep it up.

02/06/2013 02:44 AMPosted by novice
Hey Boozor is it possible with only 500k? I'm serious, for real this time.

Novice, first set was done for 565k, its possible.

I made another set for a helpless noobie for 780k. More dps, 70 less AR and 8k more HP. Still fully functional 2.14 aps and 47% CC.
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 09:35 AMPosted by LordSandwich

again, 2.74 will put out more real game dps then actual sheet dps. I learned it the hard way. and 2.74 will take care of your ehp as long as you got some descent amount of LOH. If you want to make a cm wiz, always work on 2.74APS and CC before ar/armor/hp.

In some circumstances LOH can replace EHP. In others it cant. I rarely die more than twice per run with glass cannon and shards on MP7. And that LOH isn't a great replacement for EHP against ubers when they hit you a few times. With 90ms latency I frequently mash explosive blast without it casting even though it's off of its cooldown. So I really doubt that the effective dps gains are that significant. And I believe Loroesse's CM/WW simulator shows that anything above 2.5 isn't adding much to the effective DPS multiplier.

Your right that LOH doesn't replace eHP, you stil need enough to take the first couple hits to get your wind up going.

However with that said, if you had a faster wind up, you can regain more health back before the hits take you out. So yes it CAN offset a lack of eHP only at higher attack speeds.

Higher APS refreshes diamond skin faster, regenerates AP for spamming teleport for positioning and speed, as well as more attacks and better freeze. There really is no reason to go for a higher APS.

And on the subject of higher APS having neglible DPS differences to lower APS, i'm not entirely sure about that claim, but I can't say for sure that it isn't true. However, with higher APS, there are just so many other benefits and not just DPS related.

I would always advise and build towards higher 2.73+.
Reply Quote
Sat for a while at 2.51 using zuni chest, boots, and cd chants wand. Decided to upgrade to ice climbers, tal rasha's chest, and ias wand. I have to admit, there is something magical about 2.73. It's definitely not FOTM hype.

Current specs are:
2.77 attack speed
49 cc with templar
75k dps
42k life
543 res all
4300 armor
1300 LOH

Would like to get 50cc w/o templar and 600 res.
Edited by finklses#1157 on 2/6/2013 2:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
New to the build. I'm at like 2.33 APS and 41 CC.

Where do I make these up at? obviously I could get APS from lacuni or inna pants, but I'm broke! Once I get into a fight I have little to no issue keeping up my AP, but I feel like my cooldowns aren't disappearing fast enough, so I'm thinking I need more CC.

Or I guess if I had more APS I could spit out tornados faster? Help me =)
Reply Quote
For 20m, its not a bad setup, but noticable difference from 20m and 50m setup is the all resistance, and critical chance. Your next upgrades really need to get 3.5-4% crit chance on your storm crow. And crit chance lacunis. The reminder should be spent on AR on one more slot, like ring or glove would be most budget conscious.

Overall, I feel your on the right path, keep it up.

Thanks. Will keep it in mind for next round of upgrades.
Reply Quote
New to the build. I'm at like 2.33 APS and 41 CC.

Where do I make these up at? obviously I could get APS from lacuni or inna pants, but I'm broke! Once I get into a fight I have little to no issue keeping up my AP, but I feel like my cooldowns aren't disappearing fast enough, so I'm thinking I need more CC.

Or I guess if I had more APS I could spit out tornados faster? Help me =)

APS seems about right for the gear level.

Check out the 50m video, it is probably want you want to shoot for with most of your gear.
In the 50m I hit 2.74 APS and have about 50% CC. Significant difference from 2.34 APS that your at.

Don't get inna pants, think about AR on your rare bracers and no point using zuni boots without the comobo, so use nat boot and a cheap nat ring.

Your hell fire ring is really restricting you as well, no good DPS stats only AR.
Reply Quote
50m set still Avaliable for 36m just missing witching hour :)

Put it on turn key gear !

Get it out of my stash haha ^^
Reply Quote
Now my wizard is fully equipped. I followed your 50m budget guide but I spent nearly 150m I think.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Robiban-2204/hero/7485992 here's my profile :)

I haven't got to try her out in inferno yet since I haven't finished hell (should be fast now).

I hope I did a good job picking those items since I spent almost all my gold, hehe.
Reply Quote
Now my wizard is fully equipped. I followed your 50m budget guide but I spent nearly 150m I think.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Robiban-2204/hero/7485992 here's my profile :)

I haven't got to try her out in inferno yet since I haven't finished hell (should be fast now).

I hope I did a good job picking those items since I spent almost all my gold, hehe.

Yep, looks like you did excellent for the allotted budget. Would definately say you hit it on the head.

You can really tell that your wizard has much better gear then the 50m budget wizard. Yours seems to come close to the 250m wizard EXCEPT the quality of wand + some resistance. But for the remaining 100m that you saved, the stats are pretty close and given a larger budget you can make up the resistance via BT pants and WH belt no problem bringing you around 750 AR.

Nicely done for 150m, 100k - 600 AR and 4600 Armor 51% CC. You should be very happy.
Reply Quote
thanks, glad to hear!

My thoughts were first to add more AR and when I had 1 ring and amu spaces to fill. But I felt that the extra dmg rather would make me go faster in the mid MP levels than the extra AR would make me able play at higher MPs. That amulet and rare ring gave me a 30k dmg boost,

I had really no idea how to gear or play a wizard before I found your videos on youtube but I really got a grip on it and I am very satisfied with the results. probably 200m cheaper than my barbarian (geared a few patches back when my IK pieces were 50m+) but already seems better to me, now i only have to learn how to play her.. hehe
Reply Quote
thanks, glad to hear!

My thoughts were first to add more AR and when I had 1 ring and amu spaces to fill. But I felt that the extra dmg rather would make me go faster in the mid MP levels than the extra AR would make me able play at higher MPs. That amulet and rare ring gave me a 30k dmg boost,

I had really no idea how to gear or play a wizard before I found your videos on youtube but I really got a grip on it and I am very satisfied with the results. probably 200m cheaper than my barbarian (geared a few patches back when my IK pieces were 50m+) but already seems better to me, now i only have to learn how to play her.. hehe

Awesome! Glad it was useful.

TBH, the information is there for everyone to access, but some people who ask for help, can't help themselves. If that makes any sense.

Anyways, gameplay is simply.

Hold Left click for twister, and hold down 1 for nova, and hit 2/3 (explo blast + diamond shards) together. Thats it. lol

Cheap/easy/dirty fun.
Reply Quote
Hey Booz I'm gearing my Wiz right now, budget 4M. This will be quite useful :)

Nah I'm not trolling.
Reply Quote
Hey Booz I'm gearing my Wiz right now, budget 4M. This will be quite useful :)

Nah I'm not trolling.

GTFO !

why? you mean HC money or something??

hahaha
Reply Quote
It's EU. Price is slightly different there.

I have my irt best friend playing there. And fyi he has your dream Trifecta nats lol. 8/50/5.5 with socket.
Reply Quote
It's EU. Price is slightly different there.

I have my irt best friend playing there. And fyi he has your dream Trifecta nats lol. 8/50/5.5 with socket.

Wow if he has that item, what is he doing with 4m budget haha

If that nats had 80 INT that would be godly as well. Socket is good enough for me :P

Eu prices iirc is more expensive?
Reply Quote
I have 4M not he lol. I play EU myself.

Yeah overall price is higher due to item scarcity. But also due to scarcity, it's much easier to steal because there is no comparison in pricing lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]