Diablo® III

Gearing your CM wizard *Instructional Vids*

Great videos Boozer. This topic may have been covered before but when you are in group play for ubers do you still use teleport? The group I play with likes me using the IAS or DMG bubble. Without the IAS bubble i'm still above 2.73 and my CHC is 53 with base DPS of 126.

Tele would be nice for escaping SK's walk or being trapped in skeletons in the cave in festering woods but the team loves the bubble.

Just wondering what you use for ubers.
Reply Quote
I have 4M not he lol. I play EU myself.

Yeah overall price is higher due to item scarcity. But also due to scarcity, it's much easier to steal because there is no comparison in pricing lol

No idea if thats possible then on EU, have no concept of how much certain things could cost ! :P

Great videos Boozer. This topic may have been covered before but when you are in group play for ubers do you still use teleport? The group I play with likes me using the IAS or DMG bubble. Without the IAS bubble i'm still above 2.73 and my CHC is 53 with base DPS of 126.

Tele would be nice for escaping SK's walk or being trapped in skeletons in the cave in festering woods but the team loves the bubble.

Just wondering what you use for ubers.

For group play there are a couple differene runes that can be used. I'll list some of them here

nova - bone chill/cold snap
Storm armor OR Energy armor (prismatic/pinpoint/force)
Diamond shards or Crystal shell

Teleport- safe passge
Time warp - Stretch time or time warp

Evocation/unstable anamoly/blur/glass cannon

I would only suggest using the IAS bubble to hit break point, if you are at breakpoint without it then use the 20% DPS bubble instead. Its more dps boost.

Use cold snap for better freezing, but your stats should be pretty good even without it. Same goes for evocation, good choice for stronger freeze. Probably default passive though anyways.

Use bone chill for straight DPS booster for you and group.

Use crystal shell/energy armor for survivability issues. Otherwise, storm armor for DPS.

Use teleport if you are carrying and cannot afford to die. If you can die, go for DPS bubble.

I would never use the following for Ubers:

-Magic weapon/spark flint (selfish dps booster, only for self and not party)

Hope that helps.
Reply Quote
thanks, glad to hear!

My thoughts were first to add more AR and when I had 1 ring and amu spaces to fill. But I felt that the extra dmg rather would make me go faster in the mid MP levels than the extra AR would make me able play at higher MPs. That amulet and rare ring gave me a 30k dmg boost,

I had really no idea how to gear or play a wizard before I found your videos on youtube but I really got a grip on it and I am very satisfied with the results. probably 200m cheaper than my barbarian (geared a few patches back when my IK pieces were 50m+) but already seems better to me, now i only have to learn how to play her.. hehe

Awesome! Glad it was useful.

TBH, the information is there for everyone to access, but some people who ask for help, can't help themselves. If that makes any sense.

Anyways, gameplay is simply.

Hold Left click for twister, and hold down 1 for nova, and hit 2/3 (explo blast + diamond shards) together. Thats it. lol

Cheap/easy/dirty fun.

Hehe okey. in what MP level do you think I can do ubers? And should I use the same spell setup?
Reply Quote

Awesome! Glad it was useful.

TBH, the information is there for everyone to access, but some people who ask for help, can't help themselves. If that makes any sense.

Anyways, gameplay is simply.

Hold Left click for twister, and hold down 1 for nova, and hit 2/3 (explo blast + diamond shards) together. Thats it. lol

Cheap/easy/dirty fun.

Hehe okey. in what MP level do you think I can do ubers? And should I use the same spell setup?

Replace deep freeze for cold snap OR bone chill. Other then that your skills look good to go. I'd say you can do MP10 given that your using energy armor.
Edited by Boozor#1433 on 2/9/2013 11:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
50m wizard gear still here guys, 36m only, needs witching hour :)

Referrals will get a virtual high five ! :D
Reply Quote
Excellent videos. I'm building a ~1 billion gold set right now and I've decided to go with a SC/non-apoc source rather than a low-end Mempo, but I'm deliberating on whether to go with an OS or IAS will. It's a tough call; any tips would be much appreciated :)
Reply Quote
Thanks Boozor! I have a pretty solid group so i'll stick with the bubble over tele. I'm so used to it now that when I tested teleport on some solo key runs I flat out sucked at it.

Could you take a peek at my gear and give me some suggestions? I'm at 2.78 IAS and 52 CHC right now. All resis is 717 but i'm always running with a barb so the war cry gets me where I need to be.

The main issue im having is LOH as I switched to innas for the increased AS. I know the amulet would probably be the best place to start but I am preparing to roll over 100 ammys when the patch comes out so I don't want to invest there at the moment.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
Reply Quote
02/11/2013 01:00 AMPosted by Sindrien
Excellent videos. I'm building a ~1 billion gold set right now and I've decided to go with a SC/non-apoc source rather than a low-end Mempo, but I'm deliberating on whether to go with an OS or IAS will. It's a tough call; any tips would be much appreciated :)

Thanks !

How exciting! I'm actually working on a new video and have someone who is wanting a 1B setup as well so this will be PERFECT for you to give you some insight!

I had a long discussion with the client about gearing and the path that we should take. He asked for my recommendations so I'll state some of the highlights here for you as well.

I've had this debate before with many forum'ers about 250m budgets and the aforementioned 1billion budget. I've always stood firm that a 1 billion wizard will not differ too much from a 250m budget wizard. Because the build will stem from the wand choice, as your having difficulty right now choosing with your budget.

I still feel strongly that with 1 billion. A IAS wand is STILL the choice for this build, mainly because the cost of a mempo for the IAS is too expensive even for 1billion budget. IE. better then 3.0% cc mempo. The best route while keeping budget in mind would be speed wand + Stormcrow + non-apoc force with good secondary stats and good damage. The DPS lost can still be made up on a strong amulet and at least 1 strong ring.

A good setup to follow is Comrade or Aimless' gear setup. IAS wand but still around 150-200k DPS and proper mitigation.

250m to 2B budget is a clear choice IMO, Mempo + OS wand and APOC force. Any less I would not feel comfortable going for mempo and apoc force of considerable strength.

Something to consider.

I will be making a video and narrative guide on the upcoming 1B build as soon as I complete it.

Thanks Boozor! I have a pretty solid group so i'll stick with the bubble over tele. I'm so used to it now that when I tested teleport on some solo key runs I flat out sucked at it.

Could you take a peek at my gear and give me some suggestions? I'm at 2.78 IAS and 52 CHC right now. All resis is 717 but i'm always running with a barb so the war cry gets me where I need to be.

The main issue im having is LOH as I switched to innas for the increased AS. I know the amulet would probably be the best place to start but I am preparing to roll over 100 ammys when the patch comes out so I don't want to invest there at the moment.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Hey thanks for following.

Some quick tid bits for you about the gearing:

1) Inna needs to be replaced with BT to take up the LOH requirement for the build
2) HF ring is hampering you in terms of IAS. You need to pick something up so you can NOT use innas.
3) Your wand is more for a small budget wizard, judging by your gear, you should look for something at least 1.78 APS so you can free up some spots of IAS.

In terms of where to go from this point would be to look for a better speed wand, replace INNA with BT pants, and replace the HF with a strong ias/CC + AR combo ring. Additional AR can be made up on your gloves but that can be for later since you'll still be hovering around 700AR which is passable for now.

If your set on INNA pants (you have a nice example of one BTW) look for LOH/AR/IAS/CC or CD ring to offset the HF ring. This ring upgrade along with a faster wand might be the best route for you as its only 2 items to swap out while giving you some flexibility for your amulet in the future.

Hope that helps guys, appreciate the comments.
Reply Quote
02/11/2013 01:14 PMPosted by Boozor
I'm actually working on a new video and have someone who is wanting a 1B setup as well so this will be PERFECT for you to give you some insight!

Wow, great timing! Can't wait to see the video :)
Reply Quote
Updated:

Some entertainment for you guys:

my 1 billion gold gearing process:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNb4onXR9r4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3XyUyHUCIg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW6Gt_PNxX8

Enjoy!
Reply Quote
Thank you Boozer for the advice. I dropped a good bit on the innas so swapping them would make me cringe but I'm going to take your advice and shop around for that wand with higher IAS. Going to be busy with this patch for a while crafting ammies and gloves. I will check back with you in a couple weeks.

Great vids/advice! Keep it up I have this thread bookmarked!

Thanks again!
Reply Quote
@ Boozor

your wiz always my Role model , i am used close to 1b on my wiz , but i fell like i am in the mid of nowhere , i know i need better avg damage for my weapon + offhand , maybe get a unity ring ,so i can get a Amulet with bit low on LoH got good CD on it , but that is like another 1b or more to pay ...

i also need some more AR and Armor too , am i doing some thing wrong , and what is the most efficient way to improve my gear now ?
Reply Quote
View profile
Awesome work Boozor!
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
02/11/2013 01:14 PMPosted by Boozor
The best route while keeping budget in mind would be speed wand + Stormcrow + non-apoc force with good secondary stats and good damage.

I agree!
Reply Quote
So much great info. I'm still early into building my set and haven't found a good ias wand yet, so this is a huge help to me. Getting a sense of what each item should cost is especially valuable. Much thanks!
Reply Quote
Hey guys I've just started a CM/WW wiz and I'd like to ask a question. Are the Nat's set a prerequisite, or you could just branch off to other items instead of them?
Reply Quote
Alanoide. nat set helps us gain that invaluable bonus cc at 7. but it looks like you got some descent high cc rare rings. so may be you can just get mempo cc with around 3.5 or 4 cc then you should be at about 50cc.
Reply Quote
Alright thanks much for the feedback!
Reply Quote
@ Boozor

your wiz always my Role model , i am used close to 1b on my wiz , but i fell like i am in the mid of nowhere , i know i need better avg damage for my weapon + offhand , maybe get a unity ring ,so i can get a Amulet with bit low on LoH got good CD on it , but that is like another 1b or more to pay ...

i also need some more AR and Armor too , am i doing some thing wrong , and what is the most efficient way to improve my gear now ?

I was in your position a while ago, laughed and criticized for my 600ish AR and glass cannon approach. I went for huge LOH to offset the low eHP at that time when my gear set was still starting out (1400), however with the new patch now, seems like that would be totally over kill especially against reflect.

I'd aim for 750 and 4500 armor in your position. The easiest 1 stop shop would be to swallow a couple k dps drop by replacing your rare ring, with a nice CM ring with LOH/60-70AR and whatever IAS/CC + prim stat you can afford.

You have room for DPS from your wand+force and your amulet, give up a couple on the ring to make life a bit easier on those items. Don't forget your glove is a big boost in DPS as well. But probably will be your last DPS upgrade.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]