Diablo® III

Gearing your CM wizard *Instructional Vids*

02/13/2013 11:40 AMPosted by Sindrien
So much great info. I'm still early into building my set and haven't found a good ias wand yet, so this is a huge help to me. Getting a sense of what each item should cost is especially valuable. Much thanks!

The wand I bought for the 1B wizard was up on the AH for a while actually and was well priced compared to the other ones around. After I snatched it up, there wasn't a single 1.78+ wand that was stronger on AH. Rest were just medicore and over priced. Stay patient.

02/13/2013 12:33 PMPosted by yodatoy
Alanoide. nat set helps us gain that invaluable bonus cc at 7. but it looks like you got some descent high cc rare rings. so may be you can just get mempo cc with around 3.5 or 4 cc then you should be at about 50cc.

Nat boot really helps boost your DPS into unreachable territory. Without it, it really takes top top notch items in multiple slots to hit 55%+. As mentioned, ice climbers and zuni boot + set are very viable options in exchange for the CC bonus.
Reply Quote
hey boozor great stuff and your guild is amazing,

but i can really use some of your advise if possible. i think i am stuck very far between the 1 mil and the 50 mil step.

and i do have about 5 mil gold only, what should i look for in this case?
Reply Quote
Just finished my set. Stats (with plvls) are:

150k dps
895 LOH
20 APOC
2.74 APS
~750 AR
~5200 armor
49.5 CC
35k HP

Only thing I would change if I had it to do over again would be to get lacunis with higher crit instead of armor, but that's an easy fix. Total cost was about 900 million.

Again, thanks for the videos and the advice!
Edited by Sindrien#1813 on 2/14/2013 7:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
@ scrop

I'll give it a look when I get on the computer currently out of office at work.

@ Sin

Judging by those stats. Looks near identical to the 1B wizard that I made for vindematrix just a smudge lower in some areas but overall identical.

Think you did pretty good bro congrats now enjoy it!

Quick update:

Have a big big budget to work with for my next and possibly last video... So stay tuned for updates :)
Reply Quote
How big of a budget?
Reply Quote
REALLY BIG.
Reply Quote
Like how big is really big? Like Audi big?
Reply Quote
Not that big.

But pretty big.

Biggest yet.
Reply Quote
Well size matters
Reply Quote
11 Human Paladin
Silly question maybe, is the math for calculating 2.74 APS straightforward or are there hidden modifiers and other things to consider? For example, in D2 IAS on a weapon worked differently than IAS elsewhere. I think in D3 it's already included in the listed APS right?

So the formula I'd use is weapon APS * the sum of all armor IAS and aim for 2.74 there?

I'm looking at trying to gear up soon, probably 100-150m to spend, already have some pieces lined up (vile shoulders, jousting mail, witching hour for sure, maybe more I'll need to check), so trying to judge how much to spend on a weapon for the base APS.
Reply Quote
Your correct from what I read.

Take speed of wand multiply by total attack speed from gear.

You will want to hit 2.73. Unrounded.

Meaning 2.725 will not do it because the actual breakpoint is 2.7273 I believe.
Reply Quote
02/14/2013 08:08 AMPosted by Boozor
Think you did pretty good bro congrats now enjoy it!

Thanks! I considered a few different gearing options but in the end I followed your template pretty close. For the money you just can't beat it.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the guide, I actually stopped playing before the monster power level update and fired up the game yesterday to give it another chance.

Since I also used CM back when Shock crit chance was wacky I wanted to keep playing that way, I was able to gear my Wiz with 45 mil including the vit gems.

Any ideas what should improve next without breaking the bank?

Thank again.
Reply Quote
Quality, informative and productive post for the community Booz..

+1 bud!
Reply Quote
Just completed my 3-billion gold budget wizard. Updated post and uploaded videos for viewing.

This one was a doozy, came short of the budget, but thats always a good thing !

Enjoy!
Reply Quote
Played with his 3b gold client. Solid. MP8 efficient. according to him, he ripped through. Uber MP10 - a piece of cake. Solid all around. He even made to my Uber elite team. He was extremely plzed.

Excellent job by boozy.
Reply Quote
Quality, informative and productive post for the community Booz..

+1 bud!

Played with his 3b gold client. Solid. MP8 efficient. according to him, he ripped through. Uber MP10 - a piece of cake. Solid all around. He even made to my Uber elite team. He was extremely plzed.

Excellent job by boozy.

Thanks gents, so far 100% satisfaction rate haha :)
Reply Quote
hey boozor!

great help in this thread and I'd appreciate a peek at my toon, if possible. I've hit some milestones (175K DPS/5200/860AR/55CC/43K HP/19APOC) _but_ I'm only 2.67AS. I know a tripox (or CC/iAS pox) would fix it, but frankly my budget is exhausted. I seem to have no huge issues so far MP7, but I'd appreciate some advice on what could be changed, minus the zuni set which I love :-)

Maybe no joy?

Thanks man!!

DETH

(forgot one thing; my ping is horrible so actually higher AS does not seem to benefit me as much as CC)
Edited by DethAxe#1328 on 2/17/2013 9:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
hey boozor!

great help in this thread and I'd appreciate a peek at my toon, if possible. I've hit some milestones (175K DPS/5200/860AR/55CC/43K HP/19APOC) _but_ I'm only 2.67AS. I know a tripox (or CC/iAS pox) would fix it, but frankly my budget is exhausted. I seem to have no huge issues so far MP7, but I'd appreciate some advice on what could be changed, minus the zuni set which I love :-)

Maybe no joy?

Thanks man!!

DETH

(forgot one thing; my ping is horrible so actually higher AS does not seem to benefit me as much as CC)

Hey Deth,

Very nice toon you got going on! Looks great besides the missed breakpoint, you already know what you need to do... you need a tri pox or IAS + CD pox. Losing that CC might really hurt you however, so that would probably not be the best option.

Definately in a tough spot right now since tri-pox is generally very expensive upgrade, but you should really hit the 2.73 break point. Perhaps speed bubble? Kind of a crutch imo.

And to be honest there isnt really anything you need.

Of course big upgrades would be a substantially better wand 1150dps + and a trifecta duncraig cross, both those items should propel you into 200k dps relm.
Reply Quote
I figured I was in a pickle... I'm going to fly this on Mp8 for awhile before I do any more changes. like I said, I survive just fine and kill times are OK (Mp7), so I'm not upset :-) I should mention I'm also about 1100 LoH and I only have to TP for really nasty affixes...

Thanks man!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]