Diablo® III

Gearing your CM wizard *Instructional Vids*

Hey Boozor,

I had a pair of Nats boot drop this weekend and nabbed a Nats ring (4cc/9iAS) last night for I _think_ a good price (it was listed at 112m, bid 130m and won -- closest other option was 300m+).

did a couple MP8 Ghom runs:
1) original specs (55CC, 175K DPS, 2.66APS)
; 70.6m HP, 71 seconds, 175k DPS >> 1m effective DPS, 6.66x

2) nats (63.5cc/152k DPS/2.88APS)
; 70.6m HP, 64 seconds, 152K DPS >> 1.1m effective DPS, 7.23x

It just 'felt' like I was running higher DPS; do you think it's more with breakpoint or higher CC?? Either way, I was going to flip the ring, now I think I'll keep it :-)
Reply Quote
Hey Boozor,

I had a pair of Nats boot drop this weekend and nabbed a Nats ring (4cc/9iAS) last night for I _think_ a good price (it was listed at 112m, bid 130m and won -- closest other option was 300m+).

did a couple MP8 Ghom runs:
1) original specs (55CC, 175K DPS, 2.66APS)
; 70.6m HP, 71 seconds, 175k DPS >> 1m effective DPS, 6.66x

2) nats (63.5cc/152k DPS/2.88APS)
; 70.6m HP, 64 seconds, 152K DPS >> 1.1m effective DPS, 7.23x

It just 'felt' like I was running higher DPS; do you think it's more with breakpoint or higher CC?? Either way, I was going to flip the ring, now I think I'll keep it :-)

Hey man,

The ring is actually fairly priced, I would say you didn't rob the guy but paid a fair market value for it.

The 100+ int with the vita roll is very nice to have. Without those rolls, around 75m would have been the right price, maybe less.

In terms of your multiplier going up, i'm not surprised. The break points can't be undervalued, they greatly effect the performance of our builds, hence everyone's strict requirement to hit all points whenever possible.

As well your CC has shot up, this increases your playability and survivability, not to mention dodge chance which is awesome. Your effective dps should be noticablely higher with this ring swap. Alot of good things happened in a quick swap of items. Good job.

After lots of testing, I believe it was fairly conclusive that latency has the overriding effect on how high our multiplier goes. Since your latency must be good (7.2x) these changes in your stats are more noticably reflected by your latency.

Overall good swap. I'd keep it for now. Nats set is definately good for CM wizards. I'm missing mine @ times as well.

Also would like to note anyone needed a cheap 30m gear set for a jump start, hit me up, its sitting in my stash and I kinda want it gone :)

Anyway that needs gearing hit me up in game I love new projects, thanks!
Edited by Boozor#1433 on 2/18/2013 7:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
Boozor, you have a list or pic of the items included in that 30mil set? Stats included if possible?

Thanks.
Reply Quote
Boozor, you have a list or pic of the items included in that 30mil set? Stats included if possible?

Thanks.

Hey! Sorry I just sold the set last night before I saw this post !

If you need something customized I can help you out perhaps?
Reply Quote
After watching your video, I decided to buy a set similar to the 250m budget one. I have everything except the weapon. I've been looking all day for a Chantodo's Will, and the ones with the 1.78 attack speed you recommend are super expensive. You said on the video you paid 20m for a 1090 dps one, and the only one's I've seen with 1.78 attack speed around 1000 dps are 150m+. How crucial is the 1.78 attack speed to the build? Could I get away with going lower?
Reply Quote
02/22/2013 02:48 PMPosted by snackbacon
After watching your video, I decided to buy a set similar to the 250m budget one. I have everything except the weapon. I've been looking all day for a Chantodo's Will, and the ones with the 1.78 attack speed you recommend are super expensive. You said on the video you paid 20m for a 1090 dps one, and the only one's I've seen with 1.78 attack speed around 1000 dps are 150m+. How crucial is the 1.78 attack speed to the build? Could I get away with going lower?

I believe in the 250m video I paid 44m for a 1060 or 1080 1.78 wand. Not the most powerful, but the speed is more important then power.

1.78-1.79 allows for 6 items to used with attack speed to hit 2.73 (most achievable price/performance point of) If you got 1.77 or LESS. This would most certainly add an extra item needed to hit 2.73 which would a) hinder DPS, b) increase cost down the road.

It is highly recommended to investment a sizable part of your budget on the wand ideally.

Most 1100+ are 100m+, but 1050-1099 can see a significant price break if your willing to wait around a bit.
Reply Quote
Yeah, I don't mind waiting for a bit. I wanted to see how crucial that .01 attack speed was because if it wasn't that important, I was just going to buy something now. I'm just being really picky about which one I get.
Reply Quote
02/22/2013 02:54 PMPosted by snackbacon
Yeah, I don't mind waiting for a bit. I wanted to see how crucial that .01 attack speed was because if it wasn't that important, I was just going to buy something now. I'm just being really picky about which one I get.

There is a method to the madness when gearing for CM.

Even .00001 speed is enough to completely throw the stats out of wack.

1.78 + 54% (6x9 perfect speed items) = 2.73+ breakpoint reached, build works

1.77 + 55% (7 items totaling 55%)

You see the problem ... is that extra item will most certainly result in a increase in cost/ decrease in mitigation or a decrease in DPS for other items OR all of the above.

Try to wait. If you can wait. Settle for a weaker wand and try to reach higher crit damage numbers on other gear with the money saved from a weaker wand.
Reply Quote
What about going the other way? Do you want exactly 1.78? What if there is a 1.79 wand... does that mess it up?
Reply Quote
02/22/2013 03:43 PMPosted by snackbacon
What about going the other way? Do you want exactly 1.78? What if there is a 1.79 wand... does that mess it up?

The way we calculate total attack speed is we take the wand speed (1.78 for example)

and multiply it by total attack speed from gear.

Say you have 55%

so that would be 1.78 x 1.54 = 2.7412 APS which hits break point.

Any slower wand or less attack speed and you will miss it. Which is okay if thats what you want to play at. But IMO not ideal.

1.78 or better is sought after because you can hit 2.73 with 6 perfect 9ias items.

Get it? ^^
Reply Quote
I have watched your videos a few times now, and I think I am going to try CMWW out. I have a few decent pieces already, I just need to change a few to get some LoH and APoC. I crafted a decent amulet with 766 LoH that I am using now, so that will help me possibly. I dont have anything godly in terms of what I could switch around to try this, but if I can get it going on MP0 or MP1, I may be inclined to use a little bit of my hoarded up gold to further expand on the build.

I understand the concept of the build and why certain stats are needed, especially the breakpoints, but it will obviously take playing it to get the hang of it. I believe I can still pick things up and be able to pull this build off. I have enough gear on my Barb to do a WW build and keep WoTB up, but there was no way I could stop to pick anything up, which is why I have not played him in awhile. Caster class has always been my favorite anyway.

If, by some chance, somebody could lend some advice on what gear I could get to make the most use out of what I already have, I would appreciate it very much. I like the Blizz/Hydra and I dont kite at all on MP2, but it does not do it on higher MP numbers, and I need to try something a little different as I have played that build since launch. Yes, I am one of those people that get stuck in their ways.
Reply Quote
^

If you were serious about transfering to CM build then a lot of your gear can carry over.

1) Need Wand set + force OH

2) Storm crow

3) Nats ring + boot (replace CC/CD ring + boot)

4) Replace gloves with IAS/CC glove.

5) I like black thorn pants but the amulet you have crafted is very decent and can probalby work if you can work the attack speed you need onto the other items avaliable.

Everything else you can basically keep.
Reply Quote
I just bought the last piece of my set. I was going off of the 250m guide. I spent roughly 154m on mine. After looking at my numbers, I feel like I need to change some stuff because they're lower than what you got.

Heres a link to my character: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/snackbacon-1662/hero/31571068

I wrote down the stats you had with the 250m gear set(108k dps, 33k hp, 600 AR, 4600 armor, 52.5% crit, 916 LOH, 222% crit dmg, and 1800 INT). I know I spent less money than you, but I thought I was doing a good job of what pieces I was picking out, but apparently I didn't do as good as I thought. My stats are: 94k dps, 39% crit, 908 LOH, 238% crit dmg, 2071 int, 522 AR, 3798 armor and 31k hp(my chest gems are going to be vit gems so that'll push me higher).

I'm going to keep crafting shoulders/ammys/gloves in hopes to get that godly upgrade, but what do you think I can change in order to get my stats closer to what you had achieved?

Edit: I just replaced my gloves and neck, my new stats are: 42% crit chance, 908 life on hit, 280% crit dmg, 542 all resists, 2057 int, 31.8k hp, 3704 armor, and 105.8k dps.
Edited by snackbacon#1662 on 2/24/2013 8:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/23/2013 08:49 PMPosted by snackbacon
what do you think I can change in order to get my stats closer to what you had achieved?

1000 is quite low for a wand.

dropping ias on gloves for lacunis might not be a good trade unless you are hard up for movement.
Reply Quote
It was the cheapest, highest dps wand with a 1.78 attack speed in over 24 hours so I bought it.
Reply Quote
I just bought the last piece of my set. I was going off of the 250m guide. I spent roughly 154m on mine. After looking at my numbers, I feel like I need to change some stuff because they're lower than what you got.

Heres a link to my character: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/snackbacon-1662/hero/31571068

I wrote down the stats you had with the 250m gear set(108k dps, 33k hp, 600 AR, 4600 armor, 52.5% crit, 916 LOH, 222% crit dmg, and 1800 INT). I know I spent less money than you, but I thought I was doing a good job of what pieces I was picking out, but apparently I didn't do as good as I thought. My stats are: 94k dps, 39% crit, 908 LOH, 238% crit dmg, 2071 int, 522 AR, 3798 armor and 31k hp(my chest gems are going to be vit gems so that'll push me higher).

I'm going to keep crafting shoulders/ammys/gloves in hopes to get that godly upgrade, but what do you think I can change in order to get my stats closer to what you had achieved?

Edit: I just replaced my gloves and neck, my new stats are: 42% crit chance, 908 life on hit, 280% crit dmg, 542 all resists, 2057 int, 31.8k hp, 3704 armor, and 105.8k dps.

I'm assuming your saving your shoulder slot for some godly crafts, but some good viles would definately help your defense there abit, especialyl with all resistance.

Your ammy is ok, but the crit chance is very low your losing at least 2.5+% CC there. As well, your gloves have not prioritized the stats properly, its a great DPS glove, but your looking for crit chance. Again missing at least 2.5%.

With those 2 extra slots ramped up with more CC % (8.5%+) you would sit @ 47%CC + which is way more comfortable then low 40s. The other gear look great, would have liked a secondary stat to go with the nats boot, but the near 200 dex is very sweet on it.
Reply Quote
Yeah, I know the crit chance on the ammy and glove are low, but my dps was so low that I wanted to buy some pieces that fixed that for the time being. I'm trying to craft a good pair of shoulders, but I might just saw screw it. Would I be better off losing 11k dmg for the 5+ crit chance?
Reply Quote
02/24/2013 10:29 AMPosted by snackbacon
Yeah, I know the crit chance on the ammy and glove are low, but my dps was so low that I wanted to buy some pieces that fixed that for the time being. I'm trying to craft a good pair of shoulders, but I might just saw screw it. Would I be better off losing 11k dmg for the 5+ crit chance?

Even a cheap vile ward with strength/intell is super cheap. Set the slots up first then gamble on crafts I'd say.

11k dps for 5+% crit is needed, especialyl when @ 42%..

DPS can come easily when you can find a much stronger wand.

No sacrifice upgrade (wand upgrades) just straight power. Take the crit for now. Worry about DPS when you can afford more.
Reply Quote

Thanks.

Hey! Sorry I just sold the set last night before I saw this post !

If you need something customized I can help you out perhaps?

Well, I build my Wiz using your 50 mil guide so I was wondering if I could improve it with some of those items, that's why I was asking.

Just wondering where I should focus for my big first upgrade, any feedback would be appreciated.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Bort-1724/hero/14180782

Thanks.
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 12:00 AMPosted by Bort
Just wondering where I should focus for my big first upgrade, any feedback would be appreciated.

1.78 wand

1.77*54 doesn't hit the BP
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]