Diablo® III

Thoughts on this setup

No its not just for D3 PoE DOTA 2 and so forth.

We just built this pc because our older pc started to die..

EVGA GeForce GTX 680 2GB x2
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Zx
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 SDRAM
ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.9GHz Turbo
Edited by Sorsha#1578 on 2/2/2013 11:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
dont get the *2 on the video card, one seems enough unless you're doing crazy highend 3D stuff.
Reply Quote
its already bought and built... Is it ok as far as a setup goes?

we wer kind of on a budget so we couldnt go 6 core cpu so we just took one of the most decent processers and as much ram as possable along with 2 decent video cards..

Seems to be fast to us in games dont really have much of a comparison sence our last pc was sitll pentium core 2 based from like 5 years ago give or take.
Edited by Sorsha#1578 on 2/3/2013 12:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
thats a lot of RAM and VIDEOCARDS
Reply Quote
its already bought and built... Is it ok as far as a setup goes?

we wer kind of on a budget so we couldnt go 6 core cpu so we just took one of the most decent processers and as much ram as possable along with 2 decent video cards..

Seems to be fast to us in games dont really have much of a comparison sence our last pc was sitll pentium core 2 based from like 5 years ago give or take.

i m on a GTX 570 i7 3770k ivy bridge 3.50GHZ and 8GB memory this is already plenty to play almost every game at max I have so far. and doesn't lag at all... if that's your current setup i suggest you don't upgrade until 10 years later, especially if you're just using it for gaming.

Start -> rightclick My Computer/-Properties -> System : Rating - Windows Experience Index 7+ = good to go for 7 years.

that's how I read it.

doesn't matter how many cores youh ave, if you have 4 that's fast enough, it depends on how fast your cores are, in your case it's 3.90GHZ which is faster than mine even though I have 8.
if you're using 64bit programs then 4+ cores are needed and if youh ave 6 it's already ebing utilized. other than that no difference for 32 bit programs.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 2/3/2013 1:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
It's overkill for gaming but pretty damn good for a workstation.

2 x GTX 680s is a lot unless you have 2-3 monitors. If you are using the reference design cards, you are going to generate a lot of heat from those cards.

You should have went for the i5 3570k - the gamer's choice for a gaming CPU. Hyperthreading in the i7 is useless in gaming.
Reply Quote
Thanks guys for the input. As far as not upgrading in 7 years we prob wont tell this pc gets so old that it wont run anything. No its not just used for gaming. Its will also be used for work so its multi versatile lol. Anyways thanks again for the input.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]