Diablo® III

147k dps with SOJ, want to get to 180k.

Can i do that without spending a fortune? Im thinking like 500 mil max, there are some options ive been considering, getting a res all crit lacunis, a LS main hand, IK gloves, and a witching hour, therefore keeping EHP and LS, i have an all res ring too if i need. But that sounds like a drastic upgrade, i dont know, im thinking maybe my build is broken. So hard do upgrade. Any ideas, suggestions?
Reply Quote
Other option would be to get those res all crit lacunis and a trifecta pair of gloves.
Reply Quote
get you a decent witching hour.
Reply Quote
The Edit:LEFT side ring would b n easy upgrade i think....avg dmg +cc+atkspeed/cd+str+vit maybe or just pure str
Edited by G3N3S1S#1693 on 2/5/2013 7:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
The right side ring would b n easy upgrade i think....avg dmg +cc+atkspeed+str+vit maybe or just pure str

I think i could do that, i guess if i spend like 100 mil on a ring i can get one with attack speed for some 7k upgrade.
Reply Quote
still dont meet my goal, i think i will have to change to witching at some point, or it will be too expensive.
Reply Quote
I would avoid using a WH to try hitting the next bp. You will be giving up either big AR or a decent chunk of vit. You are already giving up big ehp to use those innas with zero vit.

I would take a step back and look at the weaknesses of your set and why using paper dps is so useless.

If you havent read my opinion on why paper dps is meaningless, here it is: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7593621248#2

Using d3rawr and only adding br/wotb (why you skip opks is beyond me) you are only 1.16 mil tdps vs elites. At 140k paper dps this is not a good ratio. I like hitting 10x paper. Adding another 7IAS gets both weapons to 2.5 aps but you are still only hitting 1.24mil.

You have big raw dps on your gloves and MH ring. I don't like that kind of gearing since any "upgrade" will only be a side-grade. IMO its more useful to hit 2.5 aps since it makes fury gen faceroll-easy.

IMO the biggest problem in your set is the MH. 960 top end damage is very low. Using 650-1200 black damage mace with socket/same gem and 200str your tdps goes from 1.16mil to 1.21mil. This MH can probably be found for under 5m. Hitting the next bp will put you at 1.38mil vs 1.24m (above paragraph). See how tdps scales much better with higher aps and a proper MH?
Reply Quote
I see, thx Phat, im looking for a new MH today, and im gonna add some asp too. Will tell about the results later.
Reply Quote
I dont use opks because i like using hota normally(i was experimenting with rend), for single targets, mostly ubers, when the cm can freeze them close enough i hit both, things go real fast, and it really helps with the huge heals. For key farming OPKS is better i guess, but i dont like having to mash that button every few seconds.
Reply Quote
hey phat, i read the majority of the posts you make, if you have a moment or 2 can you have a look see at my barb? I think im pretty close where i need to be. I just got enough gold from an ammy today to grab a 9ias, 4.5cc mempo that i will probably be purchasing soon. If you could have a look and gimme any other pointers, id like to hear it.
Reply Quote
I got a cheap mace for 3 mil, my tdps actually improved, its at 1220k atm, even tho my sheet dps was lower. Now i have to work on getting vit somewhere on armour, because i lost a lot on the wep, but i guess i would have to do that some time anyway.
Reply Quote
02/05/2013 10:34 AMPosted by iBeLSh
hey phat, i read the majority of the posts you make, if you have a moment or 2 can you have a look see at my barb? I think im pretty close where i need to be. I just got enough gold from an ammy today to grab a 9ias, 4.5cc mempo that i will probably be purchasing soon. If you could have a look and gimme any other pointers, id like to hear it.

IMO crit mempos are a huge waste of gold. I'm holding out to get one as my very last upgrade. There are cheaper upgrades that will give more tdps on my set. In your set, 9ias is going to get you nothing. You will still be in the same aps breakpoint. It would let you drop a ring to use an SOJ, but I think you got bigger problems that dps.

Your ehp is too low to make use of all that dps. It's so low you are using warcry. I don't like having to rely on defensive skills, but it is reasonable if you get a decent enough tdps boost in lieu of the missing on-gear ehp.

247k paper and 1.76mil tdps v elites buffed with br/wrath (another non opks user).

Just out of curiosity, how much was your EF?
Reply Quote
Now when you say EHP is too low to make use of all the DPS, i don't quite follow. I am finding right now nothing really bothers me til i hit mp7+, mp7 is still manageable. The only things that bother me are a) reflect, b) molten both of which are being nerfed. I find i can steal back enough life and do enough damage that im alright. The other reason for the mempo is the all resist aspect of it which will push me to a buffed 600ish range give or take on each. Then like you had stated earlier once i grab the ias on the helm a ring will be switched up as well.

Personally with war cry im just a creature of habit lol i keep using it and not even think to switch it out just because ive used it for so long and also as you have said my gear is somewhat in need of it. Ive tried other skills in its place but more often than not i actually just forgot to use said skill.

The other thing i was debating would be to drop the crit dmg off my ik gloves and go like a vit/all res route or something of that nature. I know its kind of a random to have the ik chest/gloves as the all res bonus but im alright with it.

Im also really not looking to farm mp10 or anything of that nature, it just doesnt really interest me. Ill stay in mp2-6 if i can get a couple kinks out mp7-8. I also dont do anything to do with ubers, ive farmed 4 rings and havent felt like ive wanted to put in time to get mats for more machines/rings.

I bought the EF on buyout for 180m or 190m i cant remember which.
Reply Quote
If you arent playing in mp6+ why do you need so much dps? You are over geared for anything under mp5.

Your EF was a bargain. Here is a thread where I followed a 1270 dps EF with socket .24aps on bid that probably sold somewhere between 250-300m.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7810091824#7
Reply Quote
i messed around a bit with my setup now my tdps has grown by a fair amount, what do u think i can improve yet phatpho?
Reply Quote
02/05/2013 05:02 PMPosted by CoisaRuim
i messed around a bit with my setup now my tdps has grown by a fair amount, what do u think i can improve yet phatpho?

holy damage...facepalm.
Reply Quote
possibly IAS on gloves, better gems, Lifesteal on one weapon?
Reply Quote
If you arent playing in mp6+ why do you need so much dps? You are over geared for anything under mp5.

Your EF was a bargain. Here is a thread where I followed a 1270 dps EF with socket .24aps on bid that probably sold somewhere between 250-300m.

I gotta spend the gold somewhere i guess lol ive sold some stuff on RMAH maybe like $400 worth. I'd prefer to keep gearing the barb and run at the same mp just faster, see where it goes. I can sell stuff on RMAH but i feel like it would turn into more of a job then a game because i would be setting cash goals per day when i play. Ive been down that road before and it sucks any fun outta the game. Not with this game, halo 3 to be honest lol.

Yea i felt like it was a good deal, anything around mine was upwards of double price, buyout wise. Still had the 1d 11h lol
Reply Quote
02/05/2013 05:11 PMPosted by PhatPhoEater
holy damage...facepalm.

yea i guess im losing a lot for not going for black dmg D:
Edited by CoisaRuim#1626 on 2/5/2013 7:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
anyway thx, i feel im doing much more dmg now
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]