Diablo® III

Echoing Fury.. a mistake?

The fear really gets on my nerves. I was told Cold SOJ makes a huge, huge difference. Is this true?
Reply Quote
Yes. The slow effect of the Cold % damage helps to control the running away.

If you strictly look at paper dps, be prepared to be shocked as to what your dps looks like with one equipped. (but everyone here knows that paper dps is garbage. Use d3rawr or d3up to see tDPS values)

Another good option which procs the fear less is to keep it in your offhand. In your case you went with a .22 APS echoing fury (which I would never suggest) so that will limit your main hand selections to axes with IAS to keep your current ww breakpoints.
Edited by Prisus#1338 on 2/6/2013 3:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
Switch the weapons around if the EF bothers you in the main hand. I personally love it for throwing and I would much rather have it in my main hand since fearing enemies is rather fun to chase around for the extra challenge.
Reply Quote

02/06/2013 03:14 PMPosted by acrimonious
Switch the weapons around if the EF bothers you in the main hand.
Reply Quote
I'm guessing if he switches the weapons around he will see a noticeable drop in tDPS as the average damage range on his axe is not nearly as good as the damage range on the mace.

...just sayin!

:D
Reply Quote
I'm guessing if he switches the weapons around he will see a noticeable drop in tDPS as the average damage range on his axe is not nearly as good as the damage range on the mace.

...just sayin!

:D

Didn't look that hard :)
Reply Quote
EF should always be your OH. Buy a good MH wep THEN invest in an EF.
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 03:25 PMPosted by acrimonious
Didn't look that hard :)

What? Acri not going hard???

WHO IS THIS ACRIMONIOUS...AND WHERE IS THE REAL ONE!?!?!

;)
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 03:27 PMPosted by Patcarnig

Bah! EF MH plus IAS dagger OH plus cold SoJ: there is no better way to spin. Probably no more expensive way, either...
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 03:35 PMPosted by VeePow

Bah! EF MH plus IAS dagger OH plus cold SoJ: there is no better way to spin. Probably no more expensive way, either...

Crit EF + Hero Flash ;)
Reply Quote
My EF is a place-holder.. I didn't pick a low IAS non-crit one by choice.. it was by price -_-
You'll notice I don't have strength on either weapon. I'm rather of a wellfare build.

Right now my combat efficiency feels much lower than what d3up shows my tDPS being.. it's because the enemy will simply run away.

Before I upgraded my barb I could just sit there spammin' HOTA on elites or w/e. Now if I try that, they simply run away a lot :)
Edited by Paz#1827 on 2/6/2013 5:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
Also this might sound cheesy, but the Unity has sentimental value. My little brother found that ring, lol.. and back when 1.0.5 had first come out. It was one of the first "good" drops either of us had self-found. It's not worth much now, but it was going for a few hundred mil when it first dropped.

I gotta keep it :)
Reply Quote

If you strictly look at paper dps, be prepared to be shocked as to what your dps looks like with one equipped. (but everyone here knows that paper dps is garbage. Use d3rawr or d3up to see tDPS values)

Another good option which procs the fear less is to keep it in your offhand. In your case you went with a .22 APS echoing fury (which I would never suggest) so that will limit your main hand selections to axes with IAS to keep your current ww breakpoints.

Thank you! Now using this for all my gear calcs
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]