Diablo® III

Anyone else see the new forum change (posts/replies)

Thanks Blizz!
Reply Quote
Also note: Jay Wilson's "Quitting" thread got almost as many views in 2 weeks as the "Welcome to the forums...Please Read" thread did in 6 months!
Reply Quote
Anyone know what the most viewed post on the forums is? I wouldn't think there would be one with more views than the "Welcome...Please Read" thread.
Reply Quote
Two improvements on top of the changes that were just made would be:

Allow the filtering/sorting of threads by views, posts, and date

Allow us to see the number of thumbs up or thumbs down a post has received.
Reply Quote
Two improvements on top of the changes that were just made would be:

Allow the filtering/sorting of threads by views, posts, and date

Allow us to see the number of thumbs up or thumbs down a post has received.

And a third improvement, the most important one: Block people from bumping their own thread 3 times in a row
Reply Quote
Not bad Koric. Good addition.

Another good one would be to make the chat gem turn the website background to whimsyshire. This would be:

1) Hilarious.
2) Something cool to show other D3 friends who didn't know already.
Reply Quote
I stand corrected. The "Common Diablo 3 Errors" thread has 74k views. New record!
Reply Quote
Hmm...

14k views for the 1.07 questions.
Reply Quote
Nothing really changed on the forum. What had happened is that Blizzard removed the "Advance" option for the forum and now it is on by default. What you are seeing now is what you could have seen prior, but actually chosen to see it or not.
Reply Quote
is this what is causing the AH to lag/not display all results?
Reply Quote
I don't like it too much.

Trying to figure out how to change it to show who the last person who posted was instead of time.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
01/31/2013 05:56 PMPosted by JosePeppers
Thanks Blizz!

You're welcome!

01/31/2013 06:47 PMPosted by Nilrem
What had happened is that Blizzard removed the "Advance" option for the forum and now it is on by default.

We recently released several new features for the website, and one was improving the default view for the forums. The feature had always been there, but it was hidden in the "advanced" toggle.

01/31/2013 06:13 PMPosted by JosePeppers
Another good one would be to make the chat gem turn the website background to whimsyshire.

Hmmm...

01/31/2013 06:55 PMPosted by steakncheese
I hate the new text.

We also increased the font-size for the forum posts for increased readability, but not everyone will like this. The font size might be a little too big–we're evaluating.

Also, forum topics should also now share correctly on Facebook, as well as images and videos in the media gallery.

Please post any bugs you find in the website bug report forum http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/3355037/!
Edited by Pavenly on 1/31/2013 7:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Missing last posted by
Reply Quote
I can't see who posted last in a thread from a main forum page anymore... No way to do it on my phone since there's no way to "hover" over the little "1 min" text with phone. Kind iof important info removed from the from a main forum page...

Also, I can't click the "1 min" text to jump to the last page in a thread. I have to click on the number of the last page. A little annoying since I make most of my posts from my phone and it's easy to mis click.

Some fonts look ridiculous, too, like the name of your character on your profile. I guess these are minor problems, but I know there are a bunch of other people who aren't liking the changes. These don't exactly qualify as "bugs", more like "bad decisions" so I'm not sure they should be posted in the bug report forum.
Reply Quote
I can't view individual item stats on profiles when surfing from my iPad any more. Previously, I had to reload the profile after viewing one item to prevent the next item from going to the generic item description page. Now any attempt to view an item in a profile takes me to the generic item description page. : (
Reply Quote
Yeeeeah. Not liking these changes at all. I really find the views/replies red colour to be hard to read, bothers my eyes.
The change in text size is messing up guide formats and in general is also bugging out my eyes a bit.
And the GIANT names on the character profiles is ridiculous XD

Can't edit posts for 1 minute, makes it seem like you are trying to make a new post and you have to wait until the countdown ends to fix anything.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Thanks for all your feedback! Some specific replies:

01/31/2013 07:55 PMPosted by Demiwraith
Some fonts look ridiculous, too, like the name of your character on your profile.

Ahh... the font change on your profile was not intended and is definitely a bug. This will get fixed soon.

01/31/2013 07:55 PMPosted by Demiwraith
Also, I can't click the "1 min" text to jump to the last page in a thread.

Thanks for pointing that out. Will add this feature in.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
01/31/2013 08:05 PMPosted by Treleth
I can't view individual item stats on profiles when surfing from my iPad any more.

What if tapping on an item (only for mobile devices) brought up the tooltip instead of linking to it? And tapping again would close it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]