Diablo® III

100mil challenge Feb. Finished/total legend pickedup is

I am doing a 100mil gold challenge using my farming build I link and have covered in my post.

The rules are simple pick up 100mil gold in the month of Feb. Figure Since I've spend some time covering my build that I would add a lil incentive and challenge for me to accomplish. Today is day 1.
I know some out there think about The Once Percent achievement- 100mil gold picked up. I will do it in 28 days of Feb.

I start Today 2/1/13 with 225,645,948 gold- Picked Up

here is my build from other thread
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7764377048
Edited by Abomb247#1301 on 3/1/2013 6:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
wait, you mean 100mi gold from gold piles alone?
Reply Quote
You will need a lot of time...

100m divided by an average stack size of 2000 (big and small stacks) is 50,000 stacks youd have to pick up. Take that number and divide by the 28 days and you are looking at 1785 stacks of gold a day. If you can get 1 stack every 10 seconds on average, including bathroom breaks, loading times, empty travel times, etc, you would need 297 minutes a day. Almost 5 hours, every day of the month, with that average drop amount and farm speed. Of course, if your gold piles end up being light or you miss a day, or if you cant farm that fast, it will take longer.

Good luck.
Reply Quote
View profile
I've played since day one and I'm not even at 100m yet how can people pick that much up in a month?
Reply Quote
Took me 8.5 months, good luck. Granted much of thet was pre neph valor and MP but still.
Reply Quote
U know whats a good challenge?Do that without any pick up radius bonus.
Reply Quote
Well good luck with that

I pick up somewhere between 500k and 1m/hr when farming

so for me that would be 100-200 hours.. or 3.5-7 hours a day

I don't play that much
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 11:32 AMPosted by Bichopapao
wait, you mean 100mi gold from gold piles alone?

Yes I mean from gold piles alone using the build I am in that's outlined in the link.

02/01/2013 12:08 PMPosted by oneredflag
Took me 8.5 months, good luck. Granted much of thet was pre neph valor and MP but still.

It took me 5months to get 100mil I have the achieve on 11/17/12
2months 2 weeks latter I have 227mil as of right now.

02/01/2013 12:06 PMPosted by InvidGurab72
I've played since day one and I'm not even at 100m yet how can people pick that much up in a month?

Honestly I don't think anyone has ever picked up that much in a month but I think I can do it using my build. I wanted to try a lil challenge so I picked this one since I have been on the subject and almost 99lvl on my way to 100.

02/01/2013 12:10 PMPosted by ArchMage
U know whats a good challenge?Do that without any pick up radius bonus.

This just made me laugh thx. I will stick with 33 yards for now.
Reply Quote
100 mil in 1 month? Seems doable with 3-4 hours per day.
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 12:30 PMPosted by Elexar
100 mil in 1 month? Seems doable with 3-4 hours per day.

I think so. I have 2,054,504 gold in for today. Taking a break to read maybe watch a vid. :)
Reply Quote
2/1/13 -Starting gold 225,645,948
2/1/13 -Ending gold 229,733,278

Total picked up for 2/1/13- 4,087,330 gold.

I also decided to keep track of what legends, sets droped so it will be interesting to see the totals of them from a month of farming as well.
Reply Quote
View profile
Damn that's fast. I just reached the 100m achievement today and it took months of playing. If i had 33 yard pickup I probably would have done better.
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 05:31 PMPosted by InvidGurab72
Damn that's fast. I just reached the 100m achievement today and it took months of playing. If i had 33 yard pickup I probably would have done better

Thx. :) Yea oddly enough when fast farming you don't want to ever run back for gold piles as we know that's counter productive to finding more legends and exp. Once I went from even 26 yards to 33yard I noticed that all of a sudden I wasn't missing those piles here and there that add up and I was getting about 50k more a run.
Reply Quote
Well yesterday wasn't a great day all around for drops and I was doing stuff so did a runs here and there. Happens which is interesting in me documenting drops as well. To see how random it can be. Now as for the Gold.

2/2/13 Started gold- 229,733,278
2/2/13 Ended gold- 232,433,354

2/2/13 Total Gold picked up- 2,700,076

Lets hope today is a better day in the farming. I have to work all day so ill be offline and have to do it and get some good runs in tonight.
Reply Quote
It doesnt take ALOT of time if you have a fast farming class plus alot of pickup radius, when I had 73mil gold picked up I bought extra pickup radius gear for my barb...had 44 pickup radius and had teh achievment in 6 days.
Reply Quote
02/03/2013 06:51 AMPosted by MASKOAA
It doesnt take ALOT of time if you have a fast farming class plus alot of pickup radius, when I had 73mil gold picked up I bought extra pickup radius gear for my barb...had 44 pickup radius and had teh achievment in 6 days.

Definitely agree with Fast farming and a lot of people don't realize how effective Pick Up radius is as you just explained. 44 yards is a lot. Did you add items as you went till you were satisfied with the pickup? Did you feel in the 30's wasn't enough for you ?
Reply Quote
It was just by chance I had alot of extra gold and got good deals on things without sarcrifcing to much DPS, when I got the achievement I was able to flip everything I bought for profit. As a WW Barb your runningaway b4 the gold hits the ground so I had to make sure I had enough that could pull it from the area I ran away from.
Edited by MASKOAA#1251 on 2/3/2013 7:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
If your playing as DH its easy. <3 Ferret + Vault + Tactical advantage
Edited by Sousuke#1275 on 2/3/2013 7:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/03/2013 07:00 AMPosted by MASKOAA
It was just by chance I had alot of extra gold and got good deals on things without sarcrifcing to much DPS, when I got the achievement I was able to flip everything I bought for profit. As a WW Barb your runningaway b4 the gold hits the ground so I had to make sure I had enough that could pull it from the area I ran away from.

Absolutely correct! Glad you made out well from it. That's why I bumped up my Pickup from 26yards to 33 yards.

If your playing as DH its easy. <3 Ferret + Vault + Tactical advantage

Always been intrigued by the ferrets and how good they would work with Goldskin and doing runs. Since I don't have DH experience. If you would like to share some specific set up and explains the gear or amount you get that would be awesome. Just to give another perspective on a different class. :)

Thanks for feed back guys :) Now I have to work. Be on tonight. Good luck farming:)
Reply Quote
Ok so now for how yesterday went. I worked all day so didn't get a lot of playing time in which is why this challenge is good stuff like that happens. The runs I did do was getting some beams. Found a chando's wand. Zunni boots. so had some quality dropping. Will be very interesting tallyin the drops up for a entire month and listing what droped. So here the gold which was low but today I am off I have coffee and its early so I will be looking to pick up the pace. :)

2/3/13 Started gold - 232,433,354
2/3/13 End gold- 234,336,577

2/3/13 Total gold picked up - 1,903,223

So gotta make up some gold and have a 4mil + day shouldn't be hard.

P.S - Also very important 3 bars till 100lvl !!! Stoked after I am 100 the leorics and some gear will come off I can bump up MP and tweak my runs.
Edited by Abomb247#1301 on 2/4/2013 6:00 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]