Diablo® III

100mil challenge Feb. Finished/total legend pickedup is

how about 30-40 legendaries drop per day challenge?
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 06:00 AMPosted by Mitchysan
how about 30-40 legendaries drop per day challenge?

That would be difficult for sure. I am trying to do both in maximizing farming. Legends and gold picked up. Also you will have to put in serious hours in farming in a day to reach those numbers and well I really don't look to try and farm 12hours like a machine. I enjoy playing. I enjoy reading, theory crafting and other things. Also work. So that doesn't seem like a very fun challenge or something I would do. Now if during my challenge I hit 30 legends in a day then great. Its just not something I am going to relentlessly farm for. Just doesn't fit my schedule or how I want to play the game. Thanks for the feedback though. I am documenting what legends drop and how many per day. So at the end of the month we will know what my Hi days for drops and Lows were and what they were :)
Reply Quote
Alright....

First I am finally 100para lvl!!!! Feels good

Now in my build I have illustrated I feel like it was definitely the way to go from 1-100 and helped with gold pick up and my lvling experience and finding loot. Now I am 100 I can take off the Leorics ring and the ruby in helm. So now I can bump up my Dps and EHP and do more difficult MP farming instead of the speed mp3 lvling. So now I will be playing around with some different areas like yesterday did VoA. I also tried different MP for different farming builds and act3 alk runs. I am open for any suggestions for farming at 100 since this is new for me and thoughts on different runs to farm.

I had a fantastic day yesterday. Had some great drops. Vile, IK chest, lacuni's they were dropping so that kept me farming.

2/4/13 Started gold - 234,336,577
2/4/13 End gold - 239,048,904

2/4/13 Total gold picked up - 4,712,327

So now its farming time and hope to have another great day:)
Reply Quote
Had a decent day yesterday for a maint. day. Got a couple good runs in and found a 205vit,12% inna chest. I have become a huge fan of Ice fall caverns in the fields of slaughter and this is where I have been finding all my high end sets or legends for some reason. Kinda interesting. Well I messed with Dps and gear options even subbed out goldskin for my IK chest and bumped up MP7. I just haven't found it better. I still need to tweak some farming gear and well I hate going under 20 yard pickup just to have Dps gear for higher MP. I did MP5 with my goldskin and Threatening shout. grim harvest and had great results. So looks like until maybe new gear this is ideal for my runs.

2/5/13 Started gold - 239,048,904
2/5/13 End gold - 241,872,696

2/5/13 Total gold picked up - 2,823,792
Reply Quote
Had fun yesterday. Seem like farming on MP5 with my build using Grim harvest for more gold loot drops is ideal. I sold my 205vit Inna's I found 2 days ago. for 55mil so I am pretty excited about that. Had a Vile too that sold for 35mil so people still buy items guys they just can't suck for those nothing sells on the AH. Also found a pretty insane ammy yesterday.

188intel.
113vit.
14% life < --- Ohh snap
77% crit dmg
8% crit chance. so thinking this will go for a hefty amount has some dex and light resist nothing to look at so didn't list. Picking up a lot of gold and selling big items = Profit.

2/6/13 Started gold- 241,872,696
2/6/13 End gold - 245,267,803

2/6/13 Total gold picked up - 3,395,107

Hope I can have another great day and a great find like that. :)
Edited by Abomb247#1301 on 2/7/2013 5:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
You will need a lot of time...

100m divided by an average stack size of 2000 (big and small stacks) is 50,000 stacks youd have to pick up. Take that number and divide by the 28 days and you are looking at 1785 stacks of gold a day. If you can get 1 stack every 10 seconds on average, including bathroom breaks, loading times, empty travel times, etc, you would need 297 minutes a day. Almost 5 hours, every day of the month, with that average drop amount and farm speed. Of course, if your gold piles end up being light or you miss a day, or if you cant farm that fast, it will take longer.

Good luck.

Dat math.
Reply Quote
You will need a lot of time...100m divided by an average stack size of 2000 (big and small stacks) is 50,000 stacks youd have to pick up. Take that number and divide by the 28 days and you are looking at 1785 stacks of gold a day. If you can get 1 stack every 10 seconds on average, including bathroom breaks, loading times, empty travel times, etc, you would need 297 minutes a day. Almost 5 hours, every day of the month, with that average drop amount and farm speed. Of course, if your gold piles end up being light or you miss a day, or if you cant farm that fast, it will take longer.Good luck.

I like the breakdown. I am curious why is stack size 2000. What range of gold stack came up with that average? Seems like on MP5 is best with 500gf. So largest stacks is about 4150. Is extra stacks of gold from Goldskin taken into account. Also extra gold from Grim Harvest. ? I really like breakdowns just don't know if you have all into the formula. I really appreciate this though Its fun to read and think about in maybe some tweaking. Yes it will take some time that's for sure no speedy pick up of 100mil gold. There are ways to make it quicker with gear and skills like I mentioned though. Just wonder if they were calculated in :)

Thankyou for the luck been fun so far. I also finding the Legends/sets droped and tracking them to be very interesting too.
Reply Quote
Yesterday was rough!!! Had 3 big Dc's and everytime I had a lil momentum it was killed. So I had to power threw my incomplete runs. I think being unable to get consistent runs in affects drops. What do you know I have bad drops and hardly any beams. Well hope today is much better. I can't complain though as I have stated I have had a couple great days. So this just shows can't win them all.

2/7/13 - Started gold- 245,267,803
2/7/13 - End gold - 248,398,037

Total gold picked up for 2/7/13 - 3,130,184
Edited by Abomb247#1301 on 2/10/2013 4:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
I had some fun yesterday. Nothing big on drops some average rares and a Vile that sold for 3mil. So hoping to get a lot more beams today. I do have to work all day so have to get the playing time in after work.

2/8/13- Started gold- 248,398,037
2/8/13 - End gold - 251,240,257

Total gold picked up for 2/8/13 - 2,842,220

Currently I am a lil bit off pace for 100mil gold. So overall this week I will have to have some big days and try and not miss too much on the days I can't play much.
Edited by Abomb247#1301 on 2/10/2013 4:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
Slow day I was weak sauce and tired from a long shift at work. That is life though.

2/9/13 - Started gold - 251,240,257
2/9/13 - End gold - 252,571,438

Total gold picked up 2/9/13 - 1,331,181

Hope to get back on track only a lil work today and next week have some time off.
Reply Quote
Damn think i only got about 35 million from pickup and thats in over 350 hrs of play i dont stand a chance :(
Reply Quote
I've played 1300 + hours and only vcollected 100 million gold ON ALL 5 CHARACTERS TOTAL!

So GL lolol...
Reply Quote
I should say though OP - I admire your attempt to relieve the endless boredom that is loot farming in D3 these days...

GL with your challenge!
Reply Quote
I've played 1300 + hours and only vcollected 100 million gold ON ALL 5 CHARACTERS TOTAL!So GL lolol...

Thanks. It helps to try the build I use in my link on my first post. Maximizes gold for loot farming.

I should say though OP - I admire your attempt to relieve the endless boredom that is loot farming in D3 these days...GL with your challenge!

Thankyou. Yea I try to keep it interesting. Have fun and also try things different. Every so often I get a great result.

Also I have kept track of what legendary/sets drop each day. Going to list everything I found at end of challenge to see what total income might be possible for a month running this build. So a great experiment. to see RNG and loot as well.
Reply Quote
Last 2 days worked a lot. So not a lot of farming. have to pick it up on my days off to be on pace.

2/10/13- Started gold - 252,571,438
2/10/13- End gold - 253,889,153

2/10/13- Total gold picked up - 1,297,715

Well started farming early today. So looking pretty good so far. So hope to put up some big totals and find some nice drops. already at 5 legends today. so better then yesterday. :)
Reply Quote
A witch doc with higher PG and a frog mojo picks up a lot of gold. I'm there and past.
Reply Quote
Any updates? I was enjoying following this challenge.
Reply Quote
Sorry guys I have been slacking on the updates work was flooding me. I have updates for the following days. Thx Direwolf for following makes me happy that you find it enjoyable won't happen again. Unless I am dead.

2/11/13- Started gold- 253,889,153
2/11/13 - End gold - 255,885,295

2/11/13 - Total gold picked up- 1,996,142

Nothing special on drops a ok lacuni with resist.
Edited by Abomb247#1301 on 2/15/2013 7:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
2/12/13 - Started gold- 255,885,295
2/12/13 - End gold- 257,594,254

2/12/13- Total gold picked up 1,708,959

Just missed on a echoing fury. 1100 dps. no socket .25 att big main stats :( oh well.
Reply Quote
2/13/13 - Started gold - 257,594,254
2/13/13 - End gold - 259,613,555

2/13/13 - Total gold picked up - 2,019,301

Got a Zuni ring. I really fell off pace and I think the reason isn't the hours put in its what im doing now. I just really have been enjoying the game. I also have been PvP a lot and I mean a lot. Spending time on the Brawler forums watching strats. and tweaking my PvP build. Also been spending a lot of time helping friends and others with questions about the game while I am in game. I do try to answer questions if I have time. I am just not a robot cause I love this game and helping others if I can have more fun as well.

My PvP setup below

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/abomb247-1301/Abombination/17298385

I got a pretty interesting build and don't have to change to much for different opponents. Got my unbuff EHP to 2mil so been doing very well and having a lot of fun.

Also my farming methods have changed. So this patch has thrown a kink into what was working for massive gold. Now I am doing Cydae runs. almost full act 3 clears. I do this for the demonic essence and for plans. Bright side of things is I'm getting pretty good drops now that I tweaked these runs. So what will be interesting at the end is what Legendaries and sets I found and how many of each for a whole month.
Edited by Abomb247#1301 on 2/15/2013 7:05 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]