Diablo® III

Item Dupes in AH? Fix Anytime Soon?

I see alot of Dupes in the AH. Many of the same items with exact same stats and same name. I'm sure Blizzard is aware of this.

Can't you guys clean the AH up? I don't think that's hard to run a scan against the listing and weed out duplicate items.

How hard is it really......sigh...
Reply Quote
You can not clean dupes in a good old fashioned Diablo2 way (remove the !@#$ out of a game), because of RMAH. Many of duped items was brough for a real money in RMAH (by clients who have not knowledge is it a dupe or good item, since there is no flag "beware, dupe!"), and RMAH was created by Blizzard to be a "safe place to buy items for real money", so if you remove them, then RMAH is no more a safe place to buy items for real money.
Reply Quote
I hope they stay, the more dupe the better, i'm kinda poor, and
I'm expecting the price to drop when I start back playing the game
In about 3-4 month.
Reply Quote
Has anyone ever proved that the "dupes" that show up on the AH are actual dupes? It could be an AH glitch where someone makes the same items show up multiple times. This doesn't mean people are actually able to buy the dupes. Has anyone ever bought these "dupes" when they show up on the AH and post a screen shot doing so? I have never seen anyone actually acquire the so called "duped" items on the AH... every one of these threads just shows the items on the AH. I doubt you can even buy them. I bet the auction just cancels. I find it hard to believe that if you can buy the dupes...that no one has posted screenshots yet.
Reply Quote
Glock- I really doubt it that they are dupes. I have placed two items on the AH in the last week. One a L43 yellow ring, and a L63 double socket pants. Realized both were priced wrong within minutes one to high, the other too low, so I cancelled, replaced at a new price. Guess what? You guessed right, both were listed but with the different prices, same exact to a tee stats. After about 2 hours the duplicates both dissappeared.

But if someone was viewing that, they assumed they probably were duped. Is duping actually going on in the AH? Maybe, I don't know, but at least some of it is due to this screwed up AH. I have done it twice now.

By the way you couldn't buy at the original price, it would just grey out, only the second price placement could be purchased. I tried for the hell of it.
Reply Quote
It is actually hard to clean.

Blue has explained this is due to display issue. What this means is, when they go to the database, they only see one and only one record of that item.

So, this means the presentation layer (or the logic that churning out the display) is flawed/having bugs.

So, to fix something at that level, you need to do some code review and identify the problem and find a solution to fix it. (Not all codes are clear cut is a bug because, by fixing it, it will breaks the original intention/requirement)

So, it takes time.
Reply Quote

Blue has explained this is due to display issue. What this means is, when they go to the database, they only see one and only one record of that item.

So, this means the presentation layer (or the logic that churning out the display) is flawed/having bugs.

So, to fix something at that level, you need to do some code review and identify the problem and find a solution to fix it. (Not all codes are clear cut is a bug because, by fixing it, it will breaks the original intention/requirement)

So, it takes time.

Veda, lol. Are you just trolling or what? It may be true that some of the duplicate postings are due to AH display glitch.

However, it also remains a stark fact that many items actually have been duped. Example: Tripox ring, 11% mf, 6%ias, 4.5%cc, 66AR <-- this ring and its ~20 dupes began appearing ~3 weeks ago. I bought the first one, because after I bought it, I saw that I was the only one on Dprogress with a history of wearing it. Next day I saw 2 of the same ring I was now wearing posted, one at lower price, one higher. Indeed, later that day, 2 new people appearedon Dprogress with the same ring.

Over the course of ~3 weeks, that number has grown to ~10-20 people. You can check for yourself. Same holds true for a 5CC dex mempo. To argue that it's just genuine multiple identical rolls of the same items appearing in the same short window of time is ludicrous to anyone with a half-decent understanding of statistics.
Reply Quote
they are dupes, unless the AH cant get rid of items even two weeks later.
for example, natalya's reflection there is one trifecta (attack speed %, crit hit chance crit hit damage) + 17% extra gold, 87 dex its there in the AH forever. you know why? its the same person selling millions of them. and ive seen it on AH for a long long long time, the most ive seen at once was 3 of them
Reply Quote
All these people saying it's a auction house glitch, please wake up...

The AH started lagging around the time PTR went live. To say that there are no dupes because of "AH lag" is a joke. Dupes have been around for months. Guess what, a blizz monkey lied to you, again, deal with it!
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 09:13 PMPosted by Glock
Has anyone ever proved that the "dupes" that show up on the AH are actual dupes?

Well, the dupes seem to only happen to great items. And the AH does seem to allow you to buy both copys.
Reply Quote
The AH is absolutely !@#$ed. Who's to say that these dupes aren't simply reposts frozen in various stages of the auction?
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 11:02 PMPosted by Paradox
The AH is absolutely !@#$ed. Who's to say that these dupes aren't simply reposts frozen in various stages of the auction?

Yeah funny how only the godly stuff gets frozen hey? I mean with the thousands of items that pass through the AH daily, only a select few get frozen hey. Weird hey?
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 11:02 PMPosted by Paradox

Read my post and the one directly above yours. It's really not hard to logically conclude with near certainty that there are in fact dupes. Of course, it may very well be true that IN ADDITION to dupes, there may also be a problem with the AH whereby multiple identical listings appear concurrently due to AH bug..

tl;dr
There are dupes ongoing despite that there may be AH listing glitches
Reply Quote

Read my post and the one directly above yours. It's really not hard to logically conclude with near certainty that there are in fact dupes. Of course, it may very well be true that IN ADDITION to dupes, there may also be a problem with the AH whereby multiple identical listings appear concurrently due to AH bug..

tl;dr
There are dupes ongoing despite that there may be AH listing glitches

I don't doubt that there are rollback dupes floating around from before Blizz put a stop to that, but I find it hard to believe that there's another method of duping. If it's anywhere near as widespread as people have been implying, keeping it under wraps this long would be a miracle at best. It seems a bit like 9/11 conspiracies in that it assumes that every single person implicated keeps their mouth shut tight; it's just not in line with human nature.

That said, the stupidity of Blizzard design never fails to amaze. System clock auction rollbacks, anyone?
Edited by Paradox#1343 on 2/4/2013 11:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
I don't understand at all what you mean by people are keeping their mouths shut. I openly stated I bought a ring, first of its kind to appear on Dprog ~3 weeks ago, and since then watched as ~20 identical rings transferred thru via AH/RMAH to other players, many of whom still concurrently wear the ring in question

That's just one example. I don't understand your 9/11 analogy at all. That's just my experience with it
Reply Quote
This dupe speculation has got to stop. People aren't duping. Don't you think that if people knew how to dupe that there would be thousands of duped trifectas saturating the AH? People always talk about seeing two or three of the same item and cite it as conclusive proof. Hardly. As we know there have been numerous account roll backs which I think is the only plausible explanation for all this so called duping. When someone shows me thousands of the same item then I'll start to feel more convinced.
Reply Quote
I don't understand at all what you mean by people are keeping their mouths shut. I openly stated I bought a ring, first of its kind to appear on Dprog ~3 weeks ago, and since then watched as ~20 identical rings transferred thru via AH/RMAH to other players, many of whom still concurrently wear the ring in question

That's just one example. I don't understand your 9/11 analogy at all. That's just my experience with it

I meant the people presumably doing the duping. Something like that doesn't stay with one person forever, it'll inevitably spread through the playerbase, and eventually it'll get to someone who wants to expose it. That's how the analogy ties in, and is also why I honestly believe that there is no evidence for duping beyond that done via account rollback.
Edited by Paradox#1343 on 2/4/2013 11:32 PM PST
Reply Quote

So, it takes time.

Veda, lol. Are you just trolling or what? It may be true that some of the duplicate postings are due to AH display glitch.

However, it also remains a stark fact that many items actually have been duped. Example: Tripox ring, 11% mf, 6%ias, 4.5%cc, 66AR <-- this ring and its ~20 dupes began appearing ~3 weeks ago. I bought the first one, because after I bought it, I saw that I was the only one on Dprogress with a history of wearing it. Next day I saw 2 of the same ring I was now wearing posted, one at lower price, one higher. Indeed, later that day, 2 new people appearedon Dprogress with the same ring.

Over the course of ~3 weeks, that number has grown to ~10-20 people. You can check for yourself. Same holds true for a 5CC dex mempo. To argue that it's just genuine multiple identical rolls of the same items appearing in the same short window of time is ludicrous to anyone with a half-decent understanding of statistics.

There are 2 issues. The one you are pointing out is known via account roll back.

In another words, someone scammed Blizzard on this.

So, to fix this, we always go to the root of it --- Scammer.

Shall we report to FBI for fraud and scamming?

Another possible explanation and you would not believe it: random is random. In a way, the item is randomly rolled and it is not using a true random engine. (So it is mathematically possible to have identical items)

You can argue till the cow come home that no way is due to random, and you need to convince me that no way someone could win the powerball draws.

The take away is, blue does not response to dupes thread, beside it is AH display issue.

By the way, the diabloprogress is listing the item on players who owned or owning the item. So, it does not refresh/removed the previous owner from it.
Reply Quote
20 is still less than the number SoJ's, raven spirals, carrion songs, etc. that were available.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]