Diablo® III

Please Decrease Drops and Improve Rolls instead.

+1
I constantly get 1 out of 10 iLVL62 rings with 2 affixes? Hurray for RNG...
I would gladly sacrifice 33% rare drop rate knowing that my iLVL63 items will always roll 6 affixes.
Also some people suggest affixes should be ranked higher and should have different chance of rolling, but I dont mind the complete randomness as long as the threshold values correspond with item level.
i.e. i dont want 46% all resistance on a iLVL63 item, i want 70-80% on my iLVL63 shoulders, period :)
Reply Quote
This has nothing to do with the AH and it's affect on it will do anything. All this suggestion does is make the game more enjoyable to find. As picking up a million rares that are crap is not entertaining, as most people would say it's annoying and lost of people don't even pick them up. So making the feeling of a rare drop (and knowing it's not going to be complete crap before you pick it up) as a HAPPY thing and a feeling of "achievement" if you will, then it brings the highs of emotion back to the item hunt!

For those that use the vendoring of rares as a source of gold income, the major increase in vendor value is valid. Not to mention the millions of set/legendarys that don't sell for ANYTHING because of their bad stats, at least this would let you instantly get some reward for finding these 'sub-par' items. Say $20,000 gold for sets/legendarys? (Maybe even more depending on where we're going with this) Making I think the majority of the crowd happy.

Also eliminating broken and sub-white items from the drop table and minimising white drops. Increasing all items vendor value and making ilvl label on items more significant (e.g. The minimising of scales for the RNG per ilvl) would make ALOT of real Diablo players happy.

IMO this along with the changing gem bonuses etc. (link in the OP) would almost fix this game in its entirety. (Besides obvious luxury that would just enhance the fun of the game. More/different items etc. and better more intricate itemisation, but we have expansion packs for this kinda of extra fun :P)
Reply Quote
I'm not in total agreement of that post, but just the ideas of changing a few things with affixes/stat bonuses is exciting to boost diversity all round.

And nothing I mention has any thought or worry about the affect on the 'economy'. What economy? It's a game where the interest is meant to be gearing progression etc. not making money. Fair enough selling items for gold to progress but that's different. People will always find something good enough to sell and get their in-game income (gold).
Reply Quote
A bit of smart filtering could go quite far in terms of enhancing the overall item quality. Start by making class specifics unable to roll incoherent stats for the class they were intended for (str on quivers, dex on sources, int on mighty weps and so on). That or make "off stats" more appealing than redundant and mediocre extensions of affixes already ingame (+armor, +allresists). The whole idea of mainstats was terrible to begin with, anyways. .

Replace stupid affixes like indestructible or thorns by meaningful and appealing affixes and there could be something interesting as a result. Remember those items that leveled up with you, such as arkaine's valor or skullder's ire? That could be a great option to make underpowered legendaries and even rares quite appealing if it worked along with paragon levels or something.
Reply Quote
The idea for class only items to not roll "off stats" has been around for a life time but I don't believe it's feasible because it would make ALL of the good. But possibly SOMETHING could be done about it.
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 08:17 PMPosted by Snoofo
The idea for class only items to not roll "off stats" has been around for a life time but I don't believe it's feasible because it would make ALL of the good. But possibly SOMETHING could be done about it.

Not necessarily. There are still a lot of possible sub-par combinations, as well as the huge affix ranges. I'd expect class specific items to be at least moderately well itemized, even if the rolls themselves are terrible.
Reply Quote
Sure. I did not think about all the other terrible affixes lol.

So the smallest fix at least could be they always roll the main stat for the class they are specific for? It's a start. And doesn't interrupt much besides having a SLIGHTLY higher chance of a double roll of main stat etc.
Reply Quote
Ooo how about this. The item actually displays what is rolled instead of forcing you to "id" an item. Seeing as the item is assigned the value when dropped wtf is the point of me "iding" an item. I know it would kill the unid market but who gives a hoot. I'd rather just mouse over and see stats then have to pick crap up I don't end up wanting in the end.
Reply Quote
I do agree that quality needs to be boosted, but like others in other thread have said. In order to improve on quality the devs would need to nerf the drop rates of rares in the process.
Reply Quote
02/09/2013 12:38 AMPosted by ShadowAegis
I do agree that quality needs to be boosted, but like others in other thread have said. In order to improve on quality the devs would need to nerf the drop rates of rares in the process.

That is exactly what we are asking for. Overall makes everything more enjoyable. Like picking up rares.
Reply Quote
+1
drops was much better before 1.0.5 , i could hardly find a legendary item but when i find it it has 90 % to be a good one , not some nasty 2 handed weapon ... and this all cus of the noobs who kept crying days and night about looting system .
Edited by DemonSouL#2913 on 2/9/2013 7:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
Well, we all weren't happy with the way drops were, but that was just because of the way they designed the drops. Increasing the drop rate was not the way to go about it and I'm pretty sure they knew that.

We need the game to make sense again. This will at least improve the emotional attachment to finding/picking up items.
Reply Quote
Thank you for expressing your concerns. I've added your thread to mine for a collection of complaints on itemization. See http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7811652666
Reply Quote
I can only agree rares are not rare anymore they are just like white items [only rare amulets can beat legendary amulet but rings are best legendary atm with +4 vs elites etc
Reply Quote
More support for this idea can only be good for the game. The end result is a more satisfying loot hunt.
Reply Quote
Please.
Reply Quote
Anyone else?
Reply Quote
Please?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]