Diablo® III

Please Decrease Drops and Improve Rolls instead.

The game would obviously become more fun if you would more frequently find stuff that you can actually use. And by stuff you can use I'm not only referring to rares or legendaries, but also to crafting materials, recipies, gems; everything. The current state of the game still leaves you with an evening spent farming, and nothing gained.

Merely changing droprates and rolls doesn't fix this. Some core problems are;

- Item stats are rediculous compared to character stats. Your base main stat at lvl 60/0 is 187, yet goes up to 2K+ with equiped gear. This pretty much fully negates your character level. In fact, why not simply remove it?

- Life vs damage dealt is completely off. Players deal multiple times their own life pool in damage, while monsters deal only a fraction of their life pool in damage. This seems irrelevant, but is the core reason why things like reflected damage and thorns are so utterly broken.

- Everything is random, to the point (as mentioned) where class specific items roll off-stat bonusses. There is no point to this other than increasing the value of good items beyond even the price of the game itself, which is rediculous.

- You can't purposefully craft anything or change almost usable items to actually usable ones via crafting. Stuff is either good, or trash.

- That we farm has been taken for granted, and has been calculated into every aspect of this game rather than viewing farming as a result of acceptable odds. These odds have been divided over all players combined, with the AH as a required mechanism to obtain any usable items. You find nothing for a reason (and incidently this is the same reason why there is no offline play).

- You can buy your way to the end, but then there's nothing left to do. This makes perfect sense, because the fun part is working your way to the end, not getting there.

In short; there is nothing to do but farm, and hope. I honestly don't think this is a bad game, I just believe that it could have been so much better, more fun, and could (and should) have lasted longer.

As disappointed as I am in this game; I'm also sorry for the artists and developers at Blizzard that put all their love and time in making this game possible, only to see it destroyed by bad choices that could so easily be fixed, if only it weren't for headstrong marketeers and corporate politics.
Edited by peterned#1455 on 2/22/2013 3:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
Have all weapons roll with a socket. No exceptions.

Most will still suck. But maybe 1% will be usable instead of 1% of 1%.

Edit: This is off topic but...

How about something like weapons that can give PERMANENT stat boost to your character, IF certain conditions are met. Imagine a weapon (or helm or gloves or whatever) that you equip, then if you kill 1000 elite packs with it equipped, you get a permanent stat boost of some sort.
Edited by Hoblin#1659 on 2/22/2013 3:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
Word up G
Reply Quote
Good one hoblin. That is a long way away from where they want this game though (as opposed to where all the players want it lol). Things that actually take determination or skill to obtain to make your character better have been lost and gone with no sight of return. To their response of 'balance' and not having to 're-roll' characters.

Whatever they've done just wasn't good enough (for longevity of a Diablo game). Seems like we are stuck with all having the same charactere and fighting over the same (EXACT same) items.
Reply Quote
I'm at the point where I ignore most of the rares.

lol I'm about in the same place ignoring all you whiners.

I see people making valid points in this thread. Why don't you use that head of yours and tell people why they're wrong instead.

The "whiners" you claim have made point by point arguments and have pin pointed clearly defined objects that they see fit that will better the game.

Please tell me why you perceive these criticisms as "whining" and give your reasoning on why their points are detrimental to the game's health.

I may sound hostile, but I would love to hear your reasoning instead of:

Poster: This is my opinion. These are my points.
You: LOL Your opinion sucks, !@#$ gtfo.

I honestly would love to know your critical reasoning.
Edited by King#11266 on 2/22/2013 9:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
The only way I could see them drastically reducing the number of rares is if they decide they want to deflate the amount of available crafting materials.

I think your real issue is not wanting to suffer the tedium of the current ID method and unfortunately they are probably saving ID-all to have as a "new" expansion feature. Most likely when they put the mystic back in the game.
Reply Quote
There are no item sinks whatsoever.

We have RMAH

If you are handling the rmah, would you rather have a ton of pouring items in the auction house or...
Reply Quote
How about just fixing the rolls and not mess with the already putrid drop rates. I still rarely if ever see legendaries these days the only purpose to MFing now is to get mats to get a shot or two at crafting something nice.

Buff Leg/set drops AND rolls.
Reply Quote
02/22/2013 08:58 AMPosted by DeadRu
I'm at the point where I ignore most of the rares.

lol I'm about in the same place ignoring all you whiners.

Lazy response, think harder. I've seen yo do better in other posts.
Reply Quote
All this is in thought of enjoying/excitement of when rares drop. If anything DON'T nerd legendary drops just nerd the hell out of rare drops and raise the lowest stat rolls (on ilvl61s and above) significantly. I just want to feel like I'm achieving something when I find items. Not just feeling like I'm wasting my time 99%of the time by IDing the (besides making 2K gold or so). RNG is the problem with large range scales for each affix, therefore I think this would vastly improve the loot hunt.
Reply Quote
To me it's not the items in and of themselves that needs fixed, it's the Minimum Level. At least the very least for rings and all items that do not have armor or damage. Because I'm tired of getting items with vastly different min. levels yet they are the same thing, or only one or stat points different. I also think they need to at least take a look at the weapons and armor, since I am not sure the damage dealt is equal to the min level, I often get items with much lower attack power then an item two levels lower (like lvl22 item is better then lvl24). If I knew more about the affex/preffex I'd comment on those but I don't know enough about how they are handed out to.
Reply Quote
The game would obviously become more fun if you would more frequently find stuff that you can actually use. And by stuff you can use I'm not only referring to rares or legendaries, but also to crafting materials, recipies, gems; everything. The current state of the game still leaves you with an evening spent farming, and nothing gained.

Merely changing droprates and rolls doesn't fix this. Some core problems are;

- Item stats are rediculous compared to character stats. Your base main stat at lvl 60/0 is 187, yet goes up to 2K+ with equiped gear. This pretty much fully negates your character level. In fact, why not simply remove it?

- Life vs damage dealt is completely off. Players deal multiple times their own life pool in damage, while monsters deal only a fraction of their life pool in damage. This seems irrelevant, but is the core reason why things like reflected damage and thorns are so utterly broken.

- Everything is random, to the point (as mentioned) where class specific items roll off-stat bonusses. There is no point to this other than increasing the value of good items beyond even the price of the game itself, which is rediculous.

- You can't purposefully craft anything or change almost usable items to actually usable ones via crafting. Stuff is either good, or trash.

- That we farm has been taken for granted, and has been calculated into every aspect of this game rather than viewing farming as a result of acceptable odds. These odds have been divided over all players combined, with the AH as a required mechanism to obtain any usable items. You find nothing for a reason (and incidently this is the same reason why there is no offline play).

- You can buy your way to the end, but then there's nothing left to do. This makes perfect sense, because the fun part is working your way to the end, not getting there.

In short; there is nothing to do but farm, and hope. I honestly don't think this is a bad game, I just believe that it could have been so much better, more fun, and could (and should) have lasted longer.

As disappointed as I am in this game; I'm also sorry for the artists and developers at Blizzard that put all their love and time in making this game possible, only to see it destroyed by bad choices that could so easily be fixed, if only it weren't for headstrong marketeers and corporate politics.

very well said.
Reply Quote
I'm sure I'm not unique in this.

but lets just use the example of Mon 1h Fist weapons.

Over the course of time I find many of the Heaven Hands (lvl 63) roll far worse dps rolls than the lvl 62 or 61 fists.

This seems the same for many/most rares. The rares are turning into the new "white" weapons where feelings are very similar amongst the community here of not even worth picking up.

I can't tell you how many darkblade (lvl 63 dagger) weapons I've picked up rolling < 200 dps and the same for so many other 63 weapons.

anyone pick up 2h rares anymore? Virtually nobody does because of the amount of skorn's out there and virtually nothing can compete with them.

Well Occasionally I pick up some 2h weapons and it is typical they roll in the 500dps to 800dps range. it is "super rare" to get a rare 2h weapon that is lvl 62/63 to even roll over 1k much less 1100 dps.

This is a bigger problem I think with regards to item affixes and the absolutely poor affixes being rolled specifically on weapons. There is virtually no way to get weapons to even compete with legendaries out there unless it is deemed as an OH weapon or you are forced to use a rare due to the fact you can't run 2 of the same EF weapons.. lol.

Some of the axes and demolishers seem to roll OK with some level of consistancy as 1h weapons but the 2h weapons are totally worthless 99.99999999% of the time. Can't tell you how many hellion 2h xbows I've picked up over the last 2months rolling DPS in the 300-600 range. Really... best 2h xbow as a 2h rolling that low of dps most of the time?

Affixes definitely need an recalibration overhall especially when it comes to weapons otherwise we all will run skorns or EF or Calamities, or Chanto or Manticore or whatever WD use... LoL... sorry WD... don't play the class really but most seem to use a zuni knife of some sort.

I like my WD knife, but most use Manajuma's because it already has int/cd/ls with a random for a socket. But I prefer mine, like woah.

EDIT: Although some just use EF, skorn, or a good rare. lol.

I agree with this thread. I wouldn't mind .less rares that are better. Though I do end up pocketing a few hundred k from selling rares. I pick them all up because of various niches. Which I won't get into because it's proprietary information.
Edited by Socrates#1132 on 2/22/2013 10:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
All go hand in hand with also increasing all items vendor value.

And why do BoA items have ZERO value?

I would've thought that would be a reason to make them MORE valuable?
Reply Quote
Won't it affect the drop rate of legendaries? MF increases the chance of rares being legendaries right?
Reply Quote
BUMP!!

i totally agree... the worst part is i used (before the latest patch) get excited seeing an ammy, gloves (which if rolled right could fetch a decent price) NOW

I seem to get a lot of ammy drops which i just ignore... I can understand the gold sink rationale of blizzard but seriously the drops (quality) are appalling..... its takes ages for a legen to drop and when it does.. oh god.. brimstone for crafting is all they are worth for...
Reply Quote
02/05/2013 09:54 AMPosted by Garthandal
I've also thought about the most common counter-argument to the totally wacked-out range of damage on rares, "Well, if they raised it, you'd just want higher, because what makes for good DPS is all subjective." Only it's not. What makes for great DPS are top-end legendaries like Skorn, Echoing Fury, Calamity, Manticore, and the like. For instance, say a boss Skorn is sitting at about 1450 damage. Then I expect the average 2H rare to roll between 900 and 1200. A good 2H should roll between 1250-1400. An EXCEPTIONAL 2h rare should roll between 1450-1550. That's right, the point is that rares should, in rare cases, SURPASS legendaries, thus giving us a reason to pick up and ID the oceans of yellow loot.To me, this just makes good, common sense.

OK lets look at it like you are:
At what point do you hit dps/cd saturation, is it when you get the best dps roll and crit dmg with mainstat and vit/LS? Then what? Then you are done looking for a weapon?
There needs to be more stats that compete with these (cd,ls, mainstat, vit, ar, cc), interesting stats that help create new viable builds.
Almost every mid-top geared class is wearing the exact same gear <--------- THIS IS THE PROBLEM!
Upping rolls on drops will just get you to the end faster and the end is just around the corner for many players.
I do agree that rares should have a chance to roll better or equal a legendary.

exactly. Very well explained.

People are not looking for interesting loot or something to trade, they look for the exact same gear they have already just with better stats. Comparing that skorn with rare twohand weapons? That doesnt work in my eyes, because the chance to get an godly skorn is not really bigger then with the typical rare weapon. There are to many 1100-1200 DPS skorns out there with 140%CD. What makes Skorn a choice is that it ALWAYS rols CD and a socket. Rare weapons dont. Sure a Doomhammer has the POTENTIAL to be better. But how many found such an weapon? The AH has none. Seriously. No Doomhammer or other 2H weapon out there is better then skorn. That alone should tell you enough.

Its sad, really. People look for replacing their mempo with another mempo that has CC on it, the same gloves they have just with better trifecat and their main stat and/or vit on it. Their same chest just with sockets and so on ...

The higher you go, the more boring D3 is.
Reply Quote
Totally agree, the loot quality in 1.07 is ridiculous. I have looted more than a thousand rare items in 1.07 and none of them can sell more than 200K in AH. I don't know why they did this, probably some stupid tests to say how far they can push to maximum their profit without losing players. Seriously, I have been playing diablo series since 1998 and I really love it. The feeling of finding a new items, all collections in my box, even I can't use most of them. I am losing interest in D3 now, why bother to play a item farming game while you know your chance to find a good item is less then the chance to win a 50mil lottery. So please, Blizzard, do something. increase the drop quality, it doesn't have to be godlike, but at least worth our effort and time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]