Diablo® III

Reasons why people are leaving?

Anyone want to let Blizzard know why people are leaving? Might help them understand this better as I bet Blizzard employees are scratching their heads.

I'll start off with a few:

1) Lack of communication - Took them MONTHS to respond to pvp. At the end of December 2012, they release a 'pvp update'. This is AFTER they told us pvp not coming out in 2012 would be 'catastrophic'.

And yet they wonder why 20+ page threads have been created after a Jay Wilson TWEET about pvp. PVP IS endgame in an item-hunting game. People saying otherwise represent a minority and the majority has already - guess what - left.

2) Huge class imbalances - why can barbs roll extremely high main stat e.g. 90-100 vit on set items when other classes can only roll 30-100? Why do they get AR on 3 set items? Why do wizards tal rasha's set suck so much? WD having mana issues high MP? No problem - Ignore them! Why keep mentioning they are looking at nerfing monk's OWE and re-working them, only to provide damage changes and no actual skill changes to the 1.07 patch?

3) No end game content. Hellfire ring grinding is NOT satisfying content. Take a leaf out of PoE's book to look at how they've structured their end game.

4) I would mention the big D word. But I don't wand this thread to be deleted in 2 seconds.
Reply Quote
D3 is not fun. Plain and Simple. Why?

1. Character development taken out of players hands, completely.
2. Boring, linear game world
3. Boring itemization. Affix pool for magic and rares follow a boring, linear path.
4. Lack of item customization
5. Terrible crafting
6. Zero attachment to characters. Sorry, but ARPGs are all about building you character and finding great, interesting items. Somehow, Blizzard managed to suck the fun out of both.
7. AHs. Sorry, but they really are ruining the game. I have no interest in looting->selling->buying->repeat
8. The story was pretty terrible, really, it was. Not much can be done to change it now, so I won't harp on it.
9. And a bunch of other stuff...

D3 is the sequel to D2, one of the funnest games of all time, and the second sequel to maybe the greatest game of all time, D1. After an emergency patch job, D3 got an end game very similar to D2's, several months after launch. How pathetic is that? I was expecting a fun ARPG, what I got was quite possible, the worst ARPG i have ever played.
Edited by Steveg#1241 on 2/6/2013 7:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
People have left for contradictory reasons for leaving.
- Nerf something people leave.
- Don't nerf something people leave.
- Buff something making the game easier and people leave.
- Make the game harder and people leave (IAS nerf, proc nerfs, exploit corrections)

You can't really look at those leaving and get a true understanding of what needs 'fixing'.

I'd say the most common complaints are:
- Itemization (great items drop but people don't care unless its worth money)
- Communication (gets brought up a lot but I don't think it's ever THE reason for quitting)
- This isn't Diablo 2.5 (no skill points/trees/griefing/runewords/necro/remove AH/offline mode/ etc)
Reply Quote
For me, I am pretty close to leaving.

They keep providing empty promises and there is absolutely no communication at all.

For PvE players - where is the end game? Grinding for BoA and hellfire rings is end game?

For PvP/hardcore players - where is the pvp with objectives? Where is dueling? Where is open world pvp/dueling? How hard is it to cater for this or allow people to join games with this option selected (see diablo 2)

Further, where is the sense of community?

Why did they reduce this game to friends list only AND NO GAME LOBBY?
Reply Quote
so all of you hate the game but still play it? ironic huh?
Reply Quote
D3 is not fun. Plain and Simple. Why?

1. Character development taken out of players hands, completely.
2. Boring, linear game world
3. Boring itemization. Affix pool for magic and rares follow a boring, linear path.
4. Lack of item customization
5. Terrible crafting
6. Zero attachment to characters. Sorry, but ARPGs are all about building you character and finding great, interesting items. Somehow, Blizzard managed to suck the fun out of both.
7. AHs. Sorry, but they really are ruining the game. I have no interest in looting->selling->buying->repeat
8. The story was pretty terrible, really, it was. Not much can be done to change it now, so I won't harp on it.
9. And a bunch of other stuff...

D3 is the sequel to D2, one of the funnest games of all time, and the second sequel to maybe the greatest game of all time, D1. After an emergency patch job, D3 got an end game very similar to D2's, several months after launch. How pathetic is that? I was expecting a fun ARPG, what I got was quite possible, the worst ARPG i have ever played.

Agree with pretty much everything except #7. AH is a lovely feature which lets you buy items for gold instead of stashing dozens of items hoping to exchange them someday for something better. This eliminates the need to go to forums to sell your items.

The story could've been much better, it's a story I'd expect from a $5 game. There aren't nearly enough quests which takes away replayability and itemization sucks. I won't even go into characte building. It's just overly simplified.
Reply Quote
Itemization and customization are the big 2 reason why. I quit for six months, and recently have started playing it again.
Reply Quote
i am from the EU Servers and steveg is pretty much right.

While we can discuss each point to some extend the bitter taste stays. There isnt one aspect of D3 which is really good, some are terrible.

D3 didnt have the longterm quality of many f2play games I know... No I am not talking about POE. I dint care for it either. The avarage korean item grinder will do.

Blizz tried hard to make a game everybody enjoys...and turned up with a game nobody plays anymore half a year after launch.

Just make a game for the gamers. I and many others would have paid 50 bucks a month for an d3 they love.

Now u have pissed me of to the point i wont be buying a Blizz game for some time, maybe never
Reply Quote
1. Not enough content. You see all the content in 10 hours or less, then you just repeat the levels with bigger numbers.

Its awful.

2. Console button limit. This game was designed for the xbox 360 and it shows. I came from playing WoW with difficult complicated bosses and 60+ keybinds. D3 feels like kindergarten.

3. Fix drop system. The drops are awful, there is no item hunt. You either farm for gold or pay for gear with a credit card to progress. Not satisfying especially since you're just farming levels you've already done 500 times.

4. Crafting system. They removed many of the cool things about D2 that I was hoping they'd expand on. Absolutely awful

5. Social interaction. Its worse that D2, to be honest. Joining games, etc. Just awful.

6. Build variety. Most people use 2-3 attacks in inferno mode. Doesn't make for very exciting gameplay. The console button limit really hurts here. I'd love to double the keybinds and but force you to pick 2 skills from each category. That would really give you a lot more flexibility to make fun and interesting builds, and actually have buttons that needed to be used at a moment's notice. Some variety to the combat would be nice, again coming from WoW where the good PvPers could always pull that 20th button out of their keybinds when you needed it in an odd situation. There is very little skill gap in D3. Go watch the "pro" players grind act 3, looks just like my 8 year old doing the same thing in normal mode.

7. 5 Classes. Combined with all the other restrictions, you'd need a dozen classes to actually get some interesting possibilities for combat with the silly console button limit. Getting rid of classes people loved and replacing them with inferior copies was just salt in the wound (WD for necro, most notably)
Edited by Rhetorical#1820 on 2/6/2013 8:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
Personally I will wait for patch and play it a bit for the increased drop rates patches bring but the game ended at paragon 100. There just isn't anything left to make it worthwhile to stay. I look forward to the future when new content comes.
Reply Quote
2. Console button limit. This game was designed for the xbox 360 and it shows. I came from playing WoW with difficult complicated bosses and 60+ keybinds. D3 feels like kindergarten.

So iam not the only one thinking that. Console Game makes PC, not the other way around.

6 Buttons try again...
Reply Quote
I never felt that alone in a ''online only'' game. Before, I was in love with battle.net. I'v made severals friends trought that system when I was 16-17. Now I'll turn 30 this years and I never felt that alone when playing Diablo or even Starcraft 2. The community? There's none. The chat room where we can wrote stuff in our profile or even chat with others? There's none.

My friend list is full of world of warcraft players and I'm always playing a game where its more efficiant to farm alone so I dont do public game. Who came with that idea of 4 players maximum in a game 'online only' game? I come from a different diablo game, a game where I could join public game just to hunt others and making them lose experience as they die to me. I come from a Barb only guild where we had our own chat channel, our own guild. We had all the same gear, with shield and we were joinning public game to kills others. That was a good part of diablo 2.

Those maps are making me feel like I am on a train. Honestly, who came with that quest line idea? I was in the first stage of the beta and once I went to level 13, I said to my self that this train track will kill the fun of starting another character. I was right. Its not fun at all.
Reply Quote
if u guys counted, i bet its not even over 1k people leaving

most of the players that left couldnt handle a grind fest

the rest of them were just bad players
Reply Quote
It has no depth and complexity that every other game in its genre has such as

T2 : various socketable types, including legendary socketables (great idea), enchantments, pets that have an inventory and go to town for you, fishing, weapon swap, gambling

PoE : has a wide variety of gems, a wide variety of tradable materials, all loot is customizable, has a complex skill tree which allows for experimentation, weapon swap

D2 : charms, runes, jewels, skulls, ethreal weapons, weapon swap, gambling

[b]D3 : 4 gem types and some craftable components to find (but crafting is useless and none of them are fun or valueable) oh ya, good gameplay for the kiddies...

Am I being hard on D3 ? Yes. It has the biggest budget by far and the franchise has the best history by far. Its not even a fair fight and D3 losses in SO many ways. =(

02/06/2013 07:42 PMPosted by Jeetkundo
so all of you hate the game but still play it? ironic huh?

No. I read and enjoy I might add the forums at work, and work only. I play PoE and keep my D3 stash and gold in hopes one day it'll be playable for me as far as variety and social options.
Edited by Fyle#1652 on 2/6/2013 8:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
if u guys counted, i bet its not even over 1k people leaving

most of the players that left couldnt handle a grind fest

the rest of them were just bad players

k a game which sold 10 million copies, has not even 1k people leaving

if only 2-3 million players left it would be a sucess after 7 month...but its more 8-9
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Honestly D2 had the same end game feel to it as this. It's just grinding and MFing all over again, but MF doesn't work. So here's some of my beefs.

MF Don't Work
Even with 200% MF before 5 Stack of Valor I rarely see a Legendary. And when I do it has crap RNG cause the stats were hastily thrown in.

RNG
For Instance looted a windforce with 200 Strength........really??? You had a pre built, AMAZING loot table that could have easily been ported over from D2, and just reskinned the models, add some more, and presto done. In Diablos predeccesors, you had a chance at getting a low stat item but it was still an item worth using. You didnt have a 90% chance of getting a top tier item and it being completely useless for it's intended class. Spend some time designing items.
Example:

Bow of not Crap RNG
900 dmg
100-200 Agi
100-200 Stam
5-15 IAS
or
5-10% crit
25%-50% Crit Dmg
Chance for Socket.
proc of RNG "Randomly has a chance to randomly randomise, a random number of random magic dmg to a random target."

so obviosuly with all those stats at the highest its amazing. with all stats at lowest it still a really good bow. Int and Strg arent on the table at all. It really just looks like absolute laziness when you look at your item catalog and they say 3 stats and then 5 random properties.

Gameplay
Encounters are actually better than D2 in my opinion but the overall mood, and story just lack. It's not as dark as the first 2.

Besides those 3 big things the other stuff to me is minor. Class balance is no where close to being ready for a pvp enviroment. Demon Hunter's are gonna dominate all. I do miss my Necro but meh. Not happy about nerfing inferno, that was the challenge in the game. But I got my kill pre nerf so hooray achieves for bragging rights. But ya, It's not a MMO so it can't be treated as such. Sit down kill some demons for a bit and log off. It's not an 8 hour a day game lol.
Reply Quote
@Holyaegis

getting a leg is not a biggy...If u geard up u will be able to do alk runs in 6 mins with 300+ mf
3-4 an h is avarage...

But they suck...even with multiboxing they suck(15 legs per h)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]