Diablo® III

Reasons why people are leaving?

Imo:

Monster power- introduces very hard difficulty, but you dont have to play on anything higher than mp0, where might I add you get the most exp and items (in act 3 anyway and the exp rewards per mp level are being heavily buffed in 1.07, so thats a plus at least.).

Previous to any patch, inferno was way harder than even mp10 today, in its own unforgiving way. But players couldnt simply reduce the difficulty to faceroll farm end game gear more effeciently than ever, causing devestation to the economy.

It was a good try, and I liked the idea at first. But its apparent now that the system removes much of the reward of advancement away from the game. (actually 1.03 killed inferno difficulty first, but monster power compounded it.)

Battle net 0.2- Sorry blizz, love you guys and support D3, But the new "battle.net" is such a downgrade to diablo 2's battle.net. This part imo took many many steps backwards and removed some of the best tools to players in Diablo (game names, custom chat channels, /f m, player avatars in channel, etc.).

Lack of end game content- Previous to patch 1.03, The end game was inferno. It was very highly unlikely that you would enter inferno for the first time and actualy complete act 1 without seriously overhauling/upgrading your gear and build. Once you finaly did find yourself in act 2, you faced such a ramp up in difficulty it was brutal, but very rewarding once you were able to progress through it. Once you finaly did get through act 2, you meet inferno belial. LOL. Took me and all my freinds WEEKS to finaly down belial, It was a true achievement. Freinds that were not in my game and saw my achievement for killing him immediately whisper me with congradulations and disbeliefe over my victory. Act 3... lol. Act 4 really actualy wasnt any harder than A3 though, but still, they were both MUCH harder than A2. (except for azmo, he was always easy.)

Now you just set mp0 and the faceroll continues from hell into inferno, turning infenro into just another difficulty instead of its intent as an end-game challenge that only dedicated players could accomplish.

The infernal machine event did add to endgame, but not nearly enough. We have, act 3 mf/xp runs (they are both the same run btw lol.) Or craft hellfire rings. Yay! 2 end game things to do.

Now we'll have:
act 3 mf/xp
hellfire rings
account bound crafts
"pvp"

Woot 4 endgame activities, oh the variety.

Its my oppinion that these are the 3 biggest reasons that people are leaving.

edit: Dont take this post the wrong way, I dont hate d3, its one of my favorite games. But I can look at my own enjoyments in an unbiased manner and admit the games major faults.
Edited by Camisto#1172 on 2/6/2013 9:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
Yep...I stopped playing. I was the last of the Mohicans. The only survivor to make it to 1K hours logged. Nobody on my friends list play anymore.

#1 Reason why Diablo 3 sucked for me, POOR RANDOM MAP GENERATION. It was what made Diablo 2 fun, no two maps were EVER the same. Replay-ability of Acts were fun because you didn't know the map. In Diablo 3 you can run through all the Acts with your eyes closed.

#2 Removal of the customization system of points i.e. STR, DEX, INT, VIT in favor of a much more linear system that chooses preset stats for you already.

#3 Removal of the Skill Tree system, now items no longer enhance your abilities but make you SEVERELY dependent on gear and a set Rune with a predetermined attribute, this makes for less viable synergistic builds in higher MP, there is NO INCENTIVE to use any other Power or Runes in certain skills because well obviously they just suck, basically if you don't choose the current popular build you suck and are 10x more inefficient than other players, you don't have to believe me just look at the popular builds and you can tell which powers suck and which don't and why everyone is a cookie cutter in the end:

http://diablo.somepage.com/popular/

#4 All the people I played with have moved on to green pastures, there's no incentive for me to continue playing the game solo, some have moved onto other games and some have recently picked up Path of Exile (yes I am currently playing it too with other D3 quitters)

#5 There is no endgame, did I mention POOR RANDOM MAP GENERATION?

#6 EVERYTHING that was supposed to be in Diablo 3 is in Marvel Heroes because well it's not David Brevik who made Diablo 3

You can easily tell that this game is dying a slow horrible death. The forums used to push topics so fast that your posted topic never lasted more than 3-5 min on the front page of the forums. Now you see posted topics from 5+ hours ago.

I'll see you all in Dia.... I mean Marvel Heroes.
Reply Quote
I still play, but not as much. There's no depth to the game. And, unfortunately, it seems it's that way by design. Character progression and "builds" were streamlined and simplified at every stage to make it easy for anyone and everyone to play.

I'm still holding out hope for the xpac to add more depth, lol.
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 09:28 PMPosted by Digital
#1 Reason why Diablo 3 sucked for me, POOR RANDOM MAP GENERATION. It was what made Diablo 2 fun, no two maps were EVER the same. Replay-ability of Acts were fun because you didn't know the map. In Diablo 3 you can run through all the Acts with your eyes closed.

Hmmm. Cant agree with this. While D2 did have a superior random map generator(very seldom were 2 maps the same, except for some areas which had 1 or more fixed layouts.), they were hardly unique maps at all and you had literaly no reason to explore this random area aside from finding the quest objective or the road to the next area. Exploring for loot/xp was inefecient.

I do believe however that if D3 could have better randomization in maps then it would provide this reward for exploration since D3 actualy does provide incentive to explore areas (hunting elites/events/uniques).
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 07:14 PMPosted by Steveg
2. Boring, linear game world

02/06/2013 07:27 PMPosted by kastermaster
This game is old now and people got bored running the same areas over and over.

02/06/2013 08:55 PMPosted by Holyaegis
MF Don't Work

I have NO interest in PVP or crafting. 1.0.7 may be the end of my Diablo run! I don't want it to be, I do love this game.

Can't get any new friends in the game for $60 and amazing amounts of bad press and reviews.
Reply Quote
I really fail to see why people harp about replay value. In diablo 2 I farmed and exp ran the same thing over and over. In diablo 3 I do the same thing. I found three legendary items today alone.

The story was good, and made sense. Just like now that diablo is 'dead' the seven evils will reform into the dragon. I'm expecting it to happen and just because I wont be surprised when it does does not mean it's bad.
Reply Quote
I'm not going to rip on the devs, because I think designing games to make money and appease a large audience is difficult, but a few reasons why I no longer play:

-I got more excited about flipping AH items than farming.
-The more changes they made, the less I liked the developers decisions. Basically lost faith.
-Monk changes for 1.07 were not what the community asked for, nor is it going to fix the cookie cutter build issue.
-Still several large bugs, including ones which render skills impossible in HC (dashing strike bug and tempest rush rubberbanding as two examples)
-Grinding is simply too repetitive.
-Essentially too much time investment for too small a reward.

With those points having been mentioned, I still played diablo 3 for like 800-900 hours and never used real money, so to me, I got my money's worth. I'm not bitter or hostile towards blues or devs, but I'm disappointed the game didn't turn out better than I feel it could have.

All just my experience though.
Reply Quote
i'm not leaving. who said i was leaving?
Reply Quote
Not getting anything useful in all my runs, and stuff on the gold AH are too ridiculously overpriced. I've never even gotten close to 200 mil in my entire time playing. So its a continuous cycle of being stuck at the bottom, no matter how many hours I put into the game.
Reply Quote
Will not leaving but definitely be playing less hours with other games being released already..
- Dead Space 3
- Crysis 3
Reply Quote
People are leaving because this game is not a true sequel. Many major game elements were changed, and continue to be changed to make the game more like WoW and less like Diablo.

I always thought WoW was one of the least fun games of all time. But Diablo has its own design philosophy and a long history. I was sure D3 would be a blast and come without any of the heaviness of WoW. Even though Blizzard North closed, I was confident. Blizzard can hire anyone on the planet.

But D3 ended up being a drag at endgame.

It's a knife to the chest to think Blizzard can't get it right anymore. Worse, they don't seem to care whether Diablo fans continue to enjoy the franchise.
Edited by Magisterial#1985 on 2/6/2013 11:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
Itemization & Customization, and the lack of communication between the dev team > player base, thats the bigs problems of the game.

Me myself start playing at the release date with 30+ ppl in the friend list all this ppl waited this game for so long... after 3 months only 10 or so left, now there is no one and i feel bored to beg ppl to log in. When i asked them they all respond me "this game doesnt feel like diablo". They all got bored after finding bows with str, staff with dex, the feel of progression with your character was removed to the game. Not to mention that the story is a joke, killing cain and becoming diablo a female was like a bad joke.
Edited by Abaddon#2836 on 2/7/2013 12:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
Oh, I thought it was just because this is fundamentally the same game from almost a year ago with nothing of any real substance added to it. 2 decent patches, the one coming up and the one that gave us uber boss fights. Neither of which did anything to address itemization. Some BoA equipment, and, well what else? Oh yeah, an easier game.
Reply Quote
View profile
- Dumbed down gameplay
- Reward through farming the RNG rather than reward though optmising your char
- Cartoon graphics
- Bad LOTR style music
- Dark/Gothic atmosphere gone
- Linear quests
- Changes not being made quick enough to fix so many things that are broken in this game
- Highly competitive market for ARPGs
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 07:03 PMPosted by Osterus
Anyone want to let Blizzard know why people are leaving?
Absolutly. people are leaving because d3 staff will not admit that they are wrong, in anyway shape or form. I had a thread deleted because it was not something they wanted to community to see...
http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/interview-diablo-creator-david-brevik-discusses-his-feelings-on-diablo-3
This got my d3 account banned for 1 month because "they dont like it". well, all i have to say is, you made your bed now lay in it. THIS IS ABOUT D3. They simply can not face facts and probably never will. Probably why people are leaving this game in masses.
Reply Quote
View profile
Anyone want to let Blizzard know why people are leaving?
Absolutly. people are leaving because d3 staff will not admit that they are wrong, in anyway shape or form. I had a thread deleted because it was not something they wanted to community to see...
http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/interview-diablo-creator-david-brevik-discusses-his-feelings-on-diablo-3
This got my d3 account banned for 1 month because "they dont like it". well, all i have to say is, you made your bed now lay in it. THIS IS ABOUT D3. They simply can not face facts and probably never will. Probably why people are leaving this game in masses.

Indeed. It was the culture of arrogance, and Blizzard South vs Blizzard North - 'we' and 'them' and all that crap. Just check out the infamous Jay Facebook post and the other comments in that Facebook post if you don't believe me.

The Diablo fans don't want this personal vendetta put into their franchise, and see the end result of a D3.
Edited by DaFemaleBoss#2450 on 2/7/2013 3:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
There is no identify all button.

It kicks you from the game too soon when you're afk. Think mp7-10 farming and how frustrating it is to return to your pc with the game auto kicking you for no reason. SO FRUSTRATING. Should be a timer for at least an hour and a half.
Reply Quote
People don't quit playing a game they're enjoying.

So, the simple answer is: people stop enjoying Diablo III and so they stop playing.

Why do they stop enjoying Diablo III? Because, frankly, once the lure of "A new DIABLO game!" has worn off, and you stop making money from the AH, Diablo III is pretty terrible.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]