Diablo® III

Reasons why people are leaving?

cause d3 devs have no clue about arpg and what made d2 great

nothing that kept ppl playing d2 made it to d3, except paragon (it was a good add, but too little too late)

could write a book about all they're doing wrong, and why they keep failing, but i'll just give a tl;dr version: D3 is not fun in long term (not even short term for non-gamers/casuals)
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 07:42 PMPosted by Jeetkundo
so all of you hate the game but still play it? ironic huh?

well thats why we are FANS to Blizzard and Diablo. Because only fans do something even if they are not satisfied with it.

See it this way, I love the Alien movies, Alien 4 is garbage. Still I watch it sometimes, because I am a fan to the franchise. Does it mean I dont criticise what is garbage in the movie?

D3 is not a bad game. But it is also not a good game. And when you know Blizzard then you also know they CAN do better then that.

I mean take the whole item system which is a mess and even Bashiok agreed that it has flaws. The quote is flying around here somewhere.

What do I see as issue? Well the problem with the Itemsystem is that it doesnt feel rewarding in one very important way.

Its to random.

Now I dont have any issue at all with playing months before you get a good character or even finding some good item. The problem with D3? Even IF you find something good its RNG on top of RNG. Just right now I found after THOUSAND of gloves one with trifecta stats and 100 inteligence just to find out that the AH is full of them ... and this is true for many of the items. Particularly Legendary and Set items will fill your stash quite fast if you have the MF and kill speed. Even with so called BiS items like Mempos, Skorns etc. And lets not even mention the lvl63 Legendary and Set items that NEVER have a chance to be decent or something worth like Schaefers Hammer or well any of the other twohand items that are not Skorn ...

What is the issue with that? Well it means that those items become very common and trivial, you find some Lacuni you use it and all you do is farming for ANOTHER lacuni that is better then the one you have ... and the same is true for ALL the other items. So you always hope to find this 1 Billion gold items so you can gear up with buying stuff from the AH. So you spend a lot of time on the game to find garbage. This isnt rewarding. The game is missing consitency, like runes for example which had no randomness on them, and there are not enough alternatives, there is only Skorn for twohand builds, only vileward as Bis item and so on. The choice you have in gear is very limited. And this for an game that well gets most of its fun from Items ...

For a game like D3 that has a company like Blizzard behind it I expected A LOT more. They are not some company which was created a few months before the development of the game. And yet they made a lot of the mistakes from D2, its like they have never even read the D2 design documents or even played D2 to see what was "good" and what was "bad" in that game. Its a schock in my eyes to see how independed developers and some kick starter project can realize pretty much the same what D3 did, maybe with different goals or in different ways, but the quality is almost the same. And what ever if you like PoE or Torch Light or not, but they are a form of competition.

I dont see how D3 in its current can be motivating for lets say a few years like D2 was. A game that some even STILL play today.
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 04:09 AMPosted by Odin
ause d3 devs have no clue about arpg and what made d2 great
read my post on page 2. you will love it. and it applies. trust me on it, :D.
Reply Quote
View profile
1. They know that they need to work on their communication. But you have to remember that they will never give us 100% transparency. They are the type of company that if they put something out in writing. Something that they are almost certain will be good for the game. But when it turns out that it is not as good as they hoped it will be. Just look at the team death matches. I say that they are right. Team death matches would only be a bandaid on the problem with PvP. Dueling is just a start of it. What they should've realized is that Diablo really needs a diverse PvP endgame. Where there is a little something for everyone.

Now do not try and convince me that all of thoe players that have left are leaving because of a lack of PvP. Like saying that the real focus of this game should've been PvP without any PvE elements at all. Kind of like saying if you do not love PvP GTFO of D3. Sorry but Diablo has always been PvE focus with PvP as a side dish.

2. Balancing the classes is something that will take a while to achieve. Anyone should know that, there is no magic wand that they can wave where it will instantly balance the classes. That sir is just impossible to accomplish.

3. They are no doubt working on making more endgame content. What it will be is unknown for the moment.
Reply Quote
No end game content like a writer alrdy said.

In diablo 2 we had loot duells and !@#$ ( hardcore ) if u are tired on the monsters u can just duell another guy in a loot duell.

We dont got that %^-* here.. And im sure that this game is going to die because of this
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 04:21 AMPosted by ShadowAegis
2. Balancing the classes is something that will take a while to achieve. Anyone should know that, there is no magic wand that they can wave where it will instantly balance the classes. That sir is just impossible to accomplish.
the problem with this is that they are COMPLETELY un-balanced. you have monks dont even have the same NUMBER of passives as the others do. forget about what they are, simply less choices, regaurdless of what the choices are.

02/07/2013 04:21 AMPosted by ShadowAegis
3. They are no doubt working on making more endgame content. What it will be is unknown for the moment.
like to assume do we? and you got one thing right, it will be unknown, probably even by them.. lol.
Reply Quote
View profile
6. Zero attachment to characters. Sorry, but ARPGs are all about building you character and finding great, interesting items. Somehow, Blizzard managed to suck the fun out of both.

How attached are you to your D2 characters that are only a delete key from being erased. Make a mistake in spending points and presto character is deleted. Now players that want to make alts can do just that.

I have finally decided that in time I will start busting my rump to get my barbarian's paragon levels up. Even if it means ditching my shaker build in order to make it. Now I know that I will need better gear to get my attack speed up so I can make that perma WotB WW build work. My barbarian will be my farming character. All other classes at all other levels will be there for fun and experimentation. Sure I will experiment from time to time with the barbarian hopefully after my paragon levels are high enough to make him a good farmer.
Reply Quote
I left about 3 months ago after playing pretty avidly (think I hit 800 hours played or something), but the end game content wasnt enough to keep me comming back. There needs to be some kind of end game goal that is more interesting than "Beat diablo on MP10". I already kicked his !@# 5 or 6 times (and didnt get anything particularily special for it - some promised loot on the first kill for each MP difficulty would be nice) so where the hell is my incentive to kill him again on MP10? Talk about a lame developer solution to QUICKLY give us something to work for.

Lots of the "reasons" people say that they leave Diablo are flat out lying. You dont leave because the Devs dont communicate with you about PVP....you probably dont even really leave the game entirely because of the lack of PVP. Thats just a childish attempt at players getting what they want. "More drops or I leave!"...gtfo children.

Why most of us really left was because we got bored. Diablo has always been a bit of a grind but Diablo 3 feels reallllly grind-heavy. which isnt a bad thing usually. The reason why grind fails here is because the game channeled players into the EXACT SAME content over and over again with scaling difficulty. How many times have you guys run Act 3 on MP 0-1. Hundreds for some, thousands for others. And WHY do we do this? Because we hope to get better gear and level up so we can run Act 3 on MP 5,6,7 etc, better. Endless grind and no incentive to keep bettering our characters.

I've said it in another thread and ill say it here, give us something (and end-game boss or instance/event) that has some highly prized loot that only THE BEST players can take down. Something that takes work, and makes all that gridning worth it. and DONT let some noob in full blues have a CHANCE at the same prized loot because he ran it on mp 1 and got lucky. That kind of equal-playing field is absolute crap and is at the root of the problem as to why Diablo 3 is losing its end-game playerbase.
Reply Quote
View profile
02/07/2013 04:34 AMPosted by ShadowAegis
How attached are you to your D2 characters that are only a delete key from being erased. Make a mistake in spending points and presto character is deleted. Now players that want to make alts can do just that.

That just doesn't add up.
Reply Quote
Barbs get AR on set items you GD dip stick because they stand right in the center of molten pool and smash face. I'd like to see you roll a barb and go glass cannon aka AR on only 2 peices of gear and then come QQ how you die.

Less than 500AR barb= dead Barb. Simple as that.
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 07:42 PMPosted by Jeetkundo
so all of you hate the game but still play it? ironic huh?

I don't play the game. I just play with the auction house. I've spent the last couple of months auction house flipping and made over a billion gold.
Edited by Vicc#1262 on 2/7/2013 4:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
it is not the itemization killed the game. it is the poor design. poor story, designed for ...hum... kiddos. (i woulnt say morons because i dont want another ban) nothing in this game makes me want to play over and over again.
Reply Quote

I've said it in another thread and ill say it here, give us something (and end-game boss or instance/event) that has some highly prized loot that only THE BEST players can take down. Something that takes work, and makes all that gridning worth it. and DONT let some noob in full blues have a CHANCE at the same prized loot because he ran it on mp 1 and got lucky. That kind of equal-playing field is absolute crap and is at the root of the problem as to why Diablo 3 is losing its end-game playerbase.

This is why we need permanent deaths and loot duells in hardcore. I´ve been a hardcore fan since the beginning of diablo 2. I know what this game is missing, its missing a late game challenge.

Like loot duells. Im so sure about this, i just hope blizzard get it
Reply Quote
Don't forget the terrible customer support and lack of item restoration. I feel sorry for the people that have lost their 100mill-bil gold items just to get flipped off by customer support.
Edited by Malevo#1666 on 2/7/2013 7:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
because they already paid for the game and could come back anytime.
Reply Quote
Whineablo3 Rise of the Butthurt
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 03:09 AMPosted by hellsaura
Anyone want to let Blizzard know why people are leaving?
Absolutly. people are leaving because d3 staff will not admit that they are wrong, in anyway shape or form. I had a thread deleted because it was not something they wanted to community to see...
website I won't repost
This got my d3 account banned for 1 month because "they dont like it". well, all i have to say is, you made your bed now lay in it. THIS IS ABOUT D3. They simply can not face facts and probably never will. Probably why people are leaving this game in masses.

Thanks for posting. It's nice to see what Diablo's creator thinks of Diablo 3, and gain a little insight into why them being separate studios probably helped Blizzard create masterpieces in multiple, distinct genres.

I've never been so angry at the way Jay responded to this interview. Well, I've never been angry at a game developer before. I come from a similar industry and I understand how much hard work and passion go into these projects. David was perfectly polite and maintained it was only his opinion. I can't believe a reaction to attack him personally for that. It's depressing.
Reply Quote
In short... people have left because the game is not addictive enough like D2 was... and the reasons...they have been mentioned tirelessly since the last 8 months.

this game is NOT ADDICTIVE ANF FUN ENOUGH.
Reply Quote
No in-game community.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]