Diablo® III

MP10 solo for DH - is it possible to own?

A question to go out to the community!

Firstly, im not a DH player so forgive me for my ignorance!

I want to know, is it possible for DH players to solo ubers MP10 in a decent time when compared to barbs? I honestly only play Barb because their hammer build is just so effective against ubers. You just stand there and spam.

But I hate barbs because they are so boring!

So whats the quickest time a DH has killed MP10 ubers in? Is it possible for DH to basically sit and tank ubers as well like Barbs or is the style always kite and dodge like a madman?
Reply Quote
No opinions?
Reply Quote
Hi Bankai,

It is definitely possible for a DH to facetank mp10 ubers. I run a legacy nats setup and basically just set up 3x sentry, spam up to 6x spike traps, and use stun bola while keeping in perma gloom and reserving smokescreen for emergencies. Current gear on my profile is for mp1 farming, but I basically just switch to SoJ and throw on some 80 res all strongarms so I can tank, along with a disc/bola deadmans.

I can smoothly run mp10 solo, but have yet to time it (will do this sometime soon and get back to you). The only time I ever run into trouble is if SB grabs me then gets stunned from bola I already shot while my sentry reflect damage back at me (this will not be an issue in 1.07 as they are fixing ref dmg on pets), and even so I just pop smokescreen twice and I survive.

I will say, I find my setup to be extremely fun on mp10 in contrast to your experience with barb. Let me know if you have any thoughts/questions!

Hope this helps,

Demo
Reply Quote
Hi Bankai,

It is definitely possible for a DH to facetank mp10 ubers. I run a legacy nats setup and basically just set up 3x sentry, spam up to 6x spike traps, and use stun bola while keeping in perma gloom and reserving smokescreen for emergencies. Current gear on my profile is for mp1 farming, but I basically just switch to SoJ and throw on some 80 res all strongarms so I can tank, along with a disc/bola deadmans.

I can smoothly run mp10 solo, but have yet to time it (will do this sometime soon and get back to you). The only time I ever run into trouble is if SB grabs me then gets stunned from bola I already shot while my sentry reflect damage back at me (this will not be an issue in 1.07 as they are fixing ref dmg on pets), and even so I just pop smokescreen twice and I survive.

I will say, I find my setup to be extremely fun on mp10 in contrast to your experience with barb. Let me know if you have any thoughts/questions!

Hope this helps,

Demo

Thanks so much for that Demo!

I have been looking for a long time for a fun but effective build for MP10. For me, I find more fun in ranged characters i.e. DH, Wiz, WD. WD looks stupid so wont go there. I used to main Wiz, but Wiz only really has CM freeze builds to do MP10 and while very effective, the spamming the key thing hurts!

DH looks really cool as a farming character and so wanted to know their viability for MP10 ubers as well. I know MP10 ubers solo is not efficient but sometimes its nice to have the choice to solo it when no one is free.

Will be keen to try your suggested build out! Approx what eHP you running?
Reply Quote
No problem! Yeah, DH requires a little more attention, but is definitely a fun way to play imo.

I think after swapping to max AR strongarms/vit gem I am around 300k ehp, or 600k ehp including dodge (a lil over 50%). If you are indeed running legacy nats setup, I recommend going archery/perfectionist/engineer for passives. Then keep 3x guardian sentry up the whole time... it definitely helps as it's around 500k dps on top of my bola/traps along with 15% damage reduction (stacking with 35% from gloom). Feels cozy as long as you keep the DPS up.

Also, make sure to use bat so that you can keep up as many spike traps as possible to make extra good use of engineer (instead of 3x echoing traps each hitting 3x, you can have up to 6). I use stun bola solo or in group without CM wiz, and switch to imm doom for pure dps with CM wiz or the like.
Edited by Demopolos#1934 on 2/7/2013 6:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
Sounds really awesome!

To be honest, Im surprised that the eHP you have. I was sorta expecting you have like 800k or more eHP cos thats normally what I hear so you must be a skilled player!

Hey if you dont mind I would like to see you in action so maybe we can do an MP10 uber sometime? I have tried adding you!
Reply Quote
If you'd like additional damage for MP10 Ubers, just got for M4D-ME in exchange of Bat, that'll give more Hatred if you're continually attacking.

Bola and Spike trap explosions triggers it so you'll have more than enough and the added damage from M4D is always welcome.

Its down to preference though, because thats 1 more click and uses up some Disc(low though to be a problem).
Reply Quote
Short answer: yes. A small variation of the gear set in my profile I can solo face tank ubers mp10 just fine. It's actually easier to solo if you use a pet boar to tank siege while you kill zk. However I can do up to 3 dead players total in group including myself solo, 4 I hit enrage timers.
Reply Quote
@Bankai- Sorry I didn't get a chance to respond to you before you logged off yesterday. Let's uber in the next couple days, I think I have some machines. I can show you my build/strategy, and we can experiment with M4D instead of bat (thanks for that, Chrizzle!).

@Potentiality- with my build giving up the bat or M4D slot for boar would make me lose a huge amount of DPS (engineer build is very demanding hate-wise). Boar is definitely nice but I prefer to just try to follow kuhl around with sb trailing so I can dps both simultaneously with all the aoe.
Reply Quote
Its possible. i can do it. just gets boring solo. once out of discipline. run like hell.
Reply Quote
02/09/2013 08:30 AMPosted by smokymkpot
Its possible. i can do it. just gets boring solo. once out of discipline. run like hell.

any dh with good crit (NS) , good skill and good disc management shdnt be running out of disc... seen alot of good dh that never run legacy without disc problems....

Don't take me for example, i am running on legacy...
Reply Quote
i have my legacy set. i miss it. the regen was the bomb and still is.
Reply Quote
so easy
Reply Quote
@Kamikaze
sexy gear. cant find gear with those stats on AH. ive tried. :/
Reply Quote
@Kamikaze, your gear is insane. I have been hoping to get some non leg nats drops at some point that will make it worth playing around with higher dps builds. Jelly.
Reply Quote
02/09/2013 12:50 PMPosted by Kamikaze
so easy

They need to make MP100 for you.

I'm so jelly with your gear set :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]