Diablo® III

Has anyone hit 200K with legacy nata...

View profile
No Stead Aim build please

I can't get over 150k with the nata set on me without changing weapon. I did the math if I doubled the dex I have 200k can but that is impossible. Any suggestion?
Reply Quote
alot of the older DH players that were first to conquer inferno before the nerf used to rock OP nat legacy sets. One that came to my mind was a EU player Prohacker. He used to stream alot on twitch, he had a crazy set and a great player aswell.
Reply Quote
get some better legacy
Reply Quote
View profile
02/07/2013 04:26 PMPosted by Shdwflare
get some better legacy

lol, yes if I can find them... They don't drop and good player are holding them...
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 04:23 PMPosted by shoebox
alot of the older DH players that were first to conquer inferno before the nerf used to rock OP nat legacy sets. One that came to my mind was a EU player Prohacker. He used to stream alot on twitch, he had a crazy set and a great player aswell.

That's actually incorrect. A lot of the DH to farm inferno early on simply stacked disc on items (Cloak/Quiver) rather then using legacy Nats. I finished inferno on May 21st, and started farming Inferno Whimsy the following week. Legacy Nat's started out with 0.42 disc/second, so most players back then only took 2p on Nats for the crit set bonus.

-----

As for the original thread topic, getting to 200k DPS with legacy isn't that difficult if you have a good legacy set. However, with a bad set you're going to basically have to have 100m+ items in every slot, or go glass canon to get there.
Edited by TianZi#1634 on 2/7/2013 4:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
I stand corrected..btw Tianzi..do you just follow me around? seems like every post i post in..you respond heh.
Edited by shoebox#1716 on 2/7/2013 5:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
not sure if anyone even had the entire set in the first week ... I remember killing diablo in blue gear and crap lol

keep in mind that was a time where even unsocketed 1 handers and blue gear with 900 dps cost 5mil+

there were a few DHs around here who had 200-250k unbuffed dps with legacy nats during the 1.0.3 days, but ever since diabloprogress came out, those DHs moved on to the new legendaries for higher stats
Reply Quote
yeah i remember those..rocked a blue grim xbow. Bad memories aswell..coming across lashers by the gateway or elite tremors in the fields meant..quit game and restart a new game or pug for me. Oppressors doing a Ray Lewis tackle offscreen on you and splat you're dead..ah alot of deaths for me.
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 05:02 PMPosted by shoebox
I stand corrected..btw Tianzi..do you just follow me around? seems like every post i post in..you respond heh.

LOL class forums are rather dead if u noticed.... Posts stay in the front page a long time... anyway nats legacy became OP when its in the era of 1.03 when disc regen became +2? so u stand DEADWRONG when alot of us complete the inferno diablo when repair cost is freaking skyhigh and inferno is nearly impossible.... before 1.03...
Edited by AuJo#6730 on 2/7/2013 5:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
Aujo, not sure if you are angry at me but "i stand corrected" means I admit I was wrong. You can always just create a new post stating I killed inferno before nerf. If that wasn't hate towards me then I salute you on your accomplishment.
Reply Quote
OP, before shelling out hundreds of millions on new nats pieces, try upgrading everything around (shoulders, weapon, etc.)

btw if you're into the pickup radius thing, check AH for some nice bracers.. 130 dex, 6cc, 7 pickup, allres

o/
Reply Quote
Hi OP,

I have around 206k dps without follower/steady in my legacy nats. I don't even use a manti and should gain around 25k dps if i can get a decent 2 socket/dex one, so it's definitely possible. Also, I don't even have cc on my helm, although it has a beastly dex roll. I think the hard cap if you have gfg gear with leg nats is probs around 275k-300k, but this should go up a lil with incoming BIS crafted ammy/gloves (and possibly bracers for high mp?).

The big stuff that's taking a toll on your dps is: missing up to 120 + dex on vile ward, no cc or extra dex on helm, calamity with pretty low dps, no dex on ammy, no cc on lacuni, no dex on boots (80 dex pretty cheapish these days), missing double dex/vit roll on deadmans.

Honestly, it is just very expensive to get your dps up there with the l4n set, as it sets you back like 100k (lack of mempo is pretty brutal).

Hope this helps...
Edited by Demopolos#1934 on 2/7/2013 5:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
i'm at 186k unbuffed. prob could hit 200k with manticore, but i prefer calamity aps.
Reply Quote
View profile
@demopolos:
awesome battletag, and even more awesome legacy nats!
Reply Quote
It was retarded when they nerfed attack speed and increased repairing cost by tenfold back in the days, made this game literally impossible. Thankfully, DH as a class is very mobile and adaptable :), and i don't think the system of taking dmg decreases durability came in until 103. (correct me if i am wrong)

OP - you have a SoJ on, that greatly decreases your paper dps as well.
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 05:02 PMPosted by shoebox

I follow everyone around on both D3 and SC2 forums, LOL. Actually I just have too much free time.
Reply Quote
@Castablanca

Thanks! I'm actually pretty jelly of your nats boots/helm :). The 4cc on helm would give me about as much dps as the ehp as I'd lose... kinda torn as I dunno what's going to be better when 1.07 comes out. Guess if I finally got a 2 sock manti it would tip the balance in favor of the cc...
Reply Quote
many have hit 200k ln4 without steady.

aujo and shdw are way above 200k.
Reply Quote
View profile
@Veritech, I got something similar not using them atm

To everyone else, thanks for the advice. You can see I'm missing a lot of dex. But I can get 137k with whatever gear I have in stash. Just not getting to 150k yet.

I have no dex in my boots maybe I can still find one on ah and switch up. Everyone seem to have a helm with a hole on it. Those cost a lot in my experience.

waiting for 1.07 so I can craft a few pieces with high dex and not use a lot of gold. That will bring me closer to 200k but like I said I can't switch up a weapon as I don't have the gold to get a 1200+ calamity w/ 100 chd.
Reply Quote
I can drop steady aim and still hit 200k.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]