Diablo® III

I can't Die!!!!

Ok. So I have been buying a few pieces here and there prepping for PvP. I just purchased as storm shield. Not the best but decent. Anyway, to my surprise, my EHP went up 1 million just for the shield.

Those who know me, know I am a WW barb. But for sh1ts and Giggles I wanted to try this sword and board crap out. I strapped on my shield and low and behold, I just cant die with the build I have. This is mp10 as well. I dont know anything about Sword and board. I put on a weapon throw belt(Took off my witching hour) and gave it a whirl. With this current build. I dont even move. I just walk up to any pack hit rend then spam HOTA then when fury gets low I throw axes and instantly heal keeping forever Wrath up.

With this current setup I dont even have a lot L/S. I dont know if its just Im super tanky with my shield and all res........but I could not die. Granted took me a little longer to kill stuff.

Also...........I did not use HotA smash instead I went with the the rune that drops extra health globes thinking I would need the health just in case. But it made me think, if you had pick up radius gear, this would be awesome build. THrow/Hota and just tank everything and when the globes drop from HOTA you just keep automatically picking them up due to pick up radius.

Anyway, may experience with 1 hour time of Sword and Boarding. ANother interesting thing, my Hall score jumped 6000 points surpassed my WW score. I cant imagine what my score would be when I put purple gems and health goes to 100k.
Edited by BigBaller#1318 on 2/8/2013 9:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
welcome to my world.
Reply Quote
The funny thing is that your Hall Score might be even higher. DP is showing 25 block and calculating your ehp with that number. The same issue is happening with Crypter, but strangely my block and ehp figures are fine. Weird.
Reply Quote
Considering you have less than 70k HP, then that is the power of MITIGATION. You made the right decision when you bought that SS brother.
Reply Quote
Welcome to my world!
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 09:55 AMPosted by Nikeboy1984
Considering you have less than 70k HP, then that is the power of MITIGATION. You made the right decision when you bought that SS brother.

Nike......I can strap on my blackthornes(high vitality ones 250+) and would also add another 10%life possibly bringing my life to 70k. Its just the pants I have on now are awesome. Not sure if 5k life would be worth the loss in armor and all res from my current pants.

Also.....is 70k life some kind of milestone?
Reply Quote
Next step is get a sword. There is a once in a lifetime sword available on the ah now.

EDIT: Nevermind, somone already bid 2bil....lucky bastard.
Edited by Crypter#1856 on 2/8/2013 10:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
Next step is get a sword. There is a once in a lifetime sword available on the ah now.

are you refering to......"The Demise"?
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 10:04 AMPosted by BigBaller

Nike......I can strap on my blackthornes(high vitality ones 250+) and would also add another 10%life possibly bringing my life to 70k. Its just the pants I have on now are awesome. Not sure if 5k life would be worth the loss in armor and all res from my current pants.

Mate, i suggest you wear the current rare one to stack up all that armor and AR to further mitigate the damage. So don't worry about missing that 5k life from BT if your current pants have both armors and AR in it because MITIGATION > HP. Like what i have explained to your shield discussion thread yesterday.

Your current 70k HP is already considered a milestone because you have a very good damage mitigation with the help of AR, Armour, block%, elite and melee damage reduction, hence its more on quality over quantity.

But there are still areas of improvements as well, e.g. Put life% on your VW and get a Crit Lacuni with AR and both STR/VIT.

If you wish to invest more on this current setup, don't hesitate to visit the S&B Q&A Thread if you have questions and we'll be glad to help you out.

Nike
Reply Quote
Keep damage mitigation high, try not to lose that armor and AR, not worth for the extra HP in my opinion.
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 10:14 AMPosted by Nikeboy1984

Mate, i suggest you wear the current rare one to stack up all that armor and AR to further mitigate the damage. So don't worry about missing that 5k life from BT if your current pants have both armors and AR in it because MITIGATION > HP. Like what i have explained to your shield discussion thread yesterday.

Your current 70k HP is already considered a milestone because you have a very good damage mitigation with the help of AR, Armour, block%, elite and melee damage reduction, hence its more on quality over quantity.

But there are still areas of improvements as well, e.g. Put life% on your VW and get a Crit Lacuni with AR and both STR/VIT.

If you wish to invest more on this current setup, don't hesitate to visit the S&B Q&A Thread if you have questions and we'll be glad to help you out.

Nike

Lacuni's with Crit, Prime Stat, all ress, Aaaaand Vitality. Way easier said then done. I have looked very few exist. And when you do find one, usually one of the stats totally blow. Vitality will be like 10, or all res will be like 18. Something like that. My current ones are pretty sweet, just no vitality. Believe me......if I find one I will.
Reply Quote

are you refering to......"The Demise"?

No...Death Void
Reply Quote

Nike

Lacuni's with Crit, Prime Stat, all ress, Aaaaand Vitality. Way easier said then done. I have looked very few exist. And when you do find one, usually one of the stats totally blow. Vitality will be like 10, or all res will be like 18. Something like that. My current ones are pretty sweet, just no vitality. Believe me......if I find one I will.

Great Stuff man, dont rush for now with the lacuni, i suggest get a solid vile wards :)

goodluck hope you enjoy the build!
Reply Quote

Nike

yea my Lacuni's have no STR but 90+ VIT and 70 AR wsa too good to pass up
Reply Quote
@BigBaller - here is the sword we talking about an hour ago with 700M current bid ==> http://i47.tinypic.com/2mcx2qa.png and now it already hit 2B current bid. lol
Reply Quote
I have tried to get high strength Vilewards with life%. Nothing ever on the AH. They have all been bought. Thats been on my list for long time. Never available.

Edit: Just looked on Auction house.........most have really low vitality so the ones with life% dont equate to my current shoulders. In order for me to get a health boost I need a Vileward with about 75 vitality and 8%+ life. There are a couple on the AH. Starting at 350 mil I can get an increase if life from 70k to 72k. Just not sure if I am willing to that. Very overpriced in my opinion. There is one for 600 mil that has 12% life with about 75 vitality. This would bring my life from 70k to 73.5K. Just seems like this is not a good purchase. Good probably get a bigger increase by actually picking up an additional 50 vitality on other ring. Maybe upgreade my rings or ammy(however that would be very difficult to do.)
Edited by BigBaller#1318 on 2/8/2013 10:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
Bro EHP is everything and the storm shield helps so much. I recently put all vita gems I am close to 90k still waiting to purchase different gear. But my ss has 34% block 5.5 CC ya also the vile wards are worth it I got mine for a good price forget exactly but yes. Welcome to the un die-able sword and board haha!

My favorite build for farming is sprint/hammer thunderstrike stack as BAM BAM BAM loot!
Edited by LSUForever11#1395 on 2/8/2013 10:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 10:24 AMPosted by Nikeboy1984
@BigBaller - here is the sword we talking about an hour ago with 700M current bid ==> http://i47.tinypic.com/2mcx2qa.png and now it already hit 2B current bid. lol

That is a pretty insane sword. Question, why do you prefer a sword over a say a high DPS axe or mace. I actually have a decent sword. I have 1055dps sword, with Prim stat, 60 CD, socket and L/S. However, it lowers my DPS(even with the weapons master passive). My Echoing fury is faster, deals more damage. So not sure whats the fuss all about with a Sword.

Lets Hear it Nikeboy/Crypter.
Reply Quote

yea my Lacuni's have no STR but 90+ VIT and 70 AR wsa too good to pass up

If you dont mind me asking, how much were they? I'm looking for a pair similar to those to replace my current ones.
Reply Quote
That is a pretty insane sword. Question, why do you prefer a sword over a say a high DPS axe or mace. I actually have a decent sword. I have 1055dps sword, with Prim stat, 60 CD, socket and L/S. However, it lowers my DPS(even with the weapons master passive). My Echoing fury is faster, deals more damage. So not sure whats the fuss all about with a Sword.

Lets Hear it Nikeboy/Crypter.

For a S&B who tends to have higher CC and lower CD due to shield and where paper dps is a good approximation for true dps (unlike WW), a sword is better than an equivalent dps axe/mace when your CC is about 40-45% or so before Weapon Master is applied.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]