Diablo® III

Well Guys, I made it.

After 7+ long attempt, i finally made it to level 60 and the opening of Inferno, but before i start I have no idea how to gear my Monk, I understand what i want to do, (Fire res, Burning Axe, Hallowed Defender etc.) I just have no clue where to start, to make my monk viable to survive Inferno. I'm looking for any advice you guys can give me on what pieces of equipment to start with and what i should start stacking first.

Thanks in advance!
Reply Quote
gratz.. Monk powa.
Reply Quote
mine arent the best monks on the server but they handle/handled themselves well. your welcome to check my profile for any ideas.
20k dps
60k hp
700 ar
5k armor
will let you beat the game and farm mp0 act 3.

my dead monk was a budget build shes still there for viewing when i first started. i think 25m max spent on her. all gear except the one ring is the gear she used since hitting 60.granted i doubt youll get her same gear at that price today. she died in mp2 act 2 key farming getting stuck in a corner by dune dervishes that lashing tail kick dont knockback. other than that episode that i could of walked away from but didnt cause i really wanted to win that fight she handled herself very well in all her para lvls.

burning axe is good for a fire res monk but i wouldnt count on that wpn for the res. i havent found a viable way to use it for a hgher dps monk. tried and tried and tried on SC many times. that beng said you will want to upgrade the wpn at some point. so again dont count that wpns res into your max res.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the input!
Reply Quote
I really think everyone, not just monks, should go phy with AR. It is the most expensive, but you won't need to use OWE, so that frees up a passive. I know you said you want to go fire, but I'm just giving my suggestion.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Gratz Stryker!

PS Shout out to all my HC homies :)
Reply Quote
Grats!

Losing a 50+ hero is especially lame.
Have fun and stay alive.
Reply Quote
Gratz Stryker!

Blues...Hardcore? End of Days.
Reply Quote
Gratz Stryker!

EPIC
Reply Quote
Sweet dood!
HC players represent!
Reply Quote
Thanks for all the support guys! Especially from a Blue!
Hopefully one day I'll be the one passing down my advice for lower level players such as myself now
Reply Quote
Anytime someone makes 60 with a HC character it is cause for celebration!

Congrats! Now the hard part- keeping that baby alive!
Reply Quote
Hallowed Defender isnt always the best choice for a shield, since many of them don't roll crit chance. Check out my monk profile if your looking to see what high midrange monks look like. Firewalkers are great for fire resist stacking!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]