Diablo® III

Ask the Devs Update

Flu? How so? Jay left with all the fruits? ^^
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 06:50 PMPosted by Lylirra
The Diablo III team is pretty big, but it's made up of multiple working parts, and most of the designers tend to specialize. Certainly, not everyone on the team has been sick, but a tech artist, for example, wouldn't be the correct person to ask about the crafting costs for new Rare recipes. Similarly, a UI engineer isn't going to be able to pontificate on the reasons why we buffed certain Monk skills in 1.0.7, but not others. Unfortunately, it was our system designers that bore the brunt of what we've dubbed the "zombie plague" (they share an office, so it's not a big surprise that they also shared the same nasty flu strain).

You make the team sound so big. This is just another case where I wonder how so many people can manage to accomplish so little each patch.
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 08:21 PMPosted by Lylirra
This explains why this game is so messed up. Blizzard is so disorganized that the absence of a couple developers derails an operation that has been posted for weeks.

Nothing has been derailed. A Q&A has been delayed due to illness, but that's about it. It's important to keep things in perspective.

(Also, I can assure you that many development companies have designers who specialize. This is not uncommon.)

It's crazy you even have to justify or explain why the answer has been delayed...
Reply Quote

It's crazy you even have to justify or explain why the answer has been delayed...

Right! Why would a company want to communicate something like that to their customers. Craziness...

Do you really need to know the developpers in charge to answer are sick ? Do you want an hourly diagram showing their fever ?
Reply Quote
Ach, zombies!
There, pretty as a picture!
Reply Quote
sorry dont have picture but if you want a cheap op weap here are some of the base stats.
1.327k dps
open socket
8% ias
137~loh
it is a wand aps is around 1.5
if you wanna get a better look go to rmah and put has socket. Its the top one for only $20 atm. gl hopefully can find a good home
Reply Quote
911 please !
Reply Quote
Just curious if there is ONE question distinguishing from all others in regards to vote count?

Does the top question have twice the votes from the 2nd top one for example?
Or current most highly ranked share a similar vote count?
Reply Quote
LOL must of been some pretty hard questions in there. Once again Blizzard walks away from a challenge with their tail between there legs.
Reply Quote
Braaaains
Reply Quote
I have fallen ill also, so it's fine.

For those of you who are being ugly, you best quit before I get mad. I'm here to enjoy myself.

I think some of you need to get a job. Playing Diablo isn't it.
Reply Quote
Zombies Ommmgguhh!
Reply Quote
hope he gets better
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]