Diablo® III

Ask the Devs Update

02/09/2013 02:38 AMPosted by Faffner
a UI engineer isn't going to be able to pontificate on the reasons why we buffed certain Monk skills in 1.0.7, but not others.

I hope you realize that most of the monk questions did not concern this. It is the fact that you went for pure number tweaks when you clearly stated before that this was NOT what the class needed, and that you needed to create offensive passives and fix spirit regeneration. Which basically means, the most needed fixes for monks aren't some random skill buffs.
Reply Quote
Wow, I never troll these forums, and I personally don't care about 'Ask the Devs'.

But do you guys release anything on time?
Reply Quote
02/09/2013 01:41 PMPosted by Cronja
are you supperised... 10YEARS for d3? imho the people are blizzard like to get paid for doing nothing. they where on vaction for 10years and when the "origianal" dev team quit it put them back to square 1. so now they are up the creek without a paddle. Who knows if these people are actually even sick, they say they are but they also said we would have team death match and you know where that is... what they say and what they do never match, ever. even the videos of game play before launch showing what some of the game would have was even wrong... i wouldnt put to much stock into what anyone from d3 has to say any more...
Reply Quote
hahahaha.... soooo no updates??? kthanxbye
Reply Quote
Honestly....the Flu. Have none of your people ever heard of eating healthy and exercising?
And not to be able to answer a few questions from the comfort of your own Home PC while sick...seriously they can't type of a few answers to questions...while taking sick days? REALLY?!

I call shenanigans on this.
Reply Quote
Wow, I never troll these forums, and I personally don't care about 'Ask the Devs'.

Reply Quote
Perhaps we can get a list of the questions being asked....
Reply Quote
Thank you for letting us know why it was delayed and remember to aim for the head should they start craving brains.
Reply Quote
View profile
Due to many of our developers becoming flu-ridden zombies and needing to be quarantined so they could recover, we've had to postpone publishing the answers to your questions for the first round of Ask the Devs.

Rather than posting the answers this week (as originally scheduled), we'll now be posting them on Monday, February 11, around 10:00 a.m. PST. We sincerely apologize for the delay, and hope you can forgive us for our recent zombie outbreak. :(

Well this is timely...U think there is any correlation to this and the walking dead coming back on sunday...sounds fishy to me.
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 05:11 PMPosted by DarthWar
I hope everyone feels better soon.

TIMELINE FAIL.

They already felt better when she posted this. She was a bit opaque, but all the clues are there:

1) "the amount of time we need to get everything localized remains unchanged"
2) "we'll now be posting them on Monday, February 11, around 10:00 a.m. PST"
3) "we do observe weekends"

Localization has to occur during some time frame and the final release is slated for Monday at 10am. Stepping backward, management has to receive them by 9am Pacific for final approval, which means the localizers in India/China need to start working on them no later than 5am Pacific (because they're ahead this puts their work in the Asia Monday workday).

Since they observe weekends, developer input must have been finished on or before Friday at 5pm. Now keep in mind that Legal would have had to review them for at least 8 hours (no offense Blizzard Legal - I don't think you're slow, just thorough!). That means the devs must have submitted them on Friday morning, which means they must have already returned to the office, so her post was after everyone felt better already.

Yay modern medicine!

PS - didn't want to post to forums tonight... Just got home from work and very tired, but curiosity overwhelmed me (yes, some folks work weekends during crisis periods. Take a hint - would love for ONE developer at Blizzard to work for ONE HOUR on a weekend while their stuff is still broken, but I guess sacred weekends defeat releasing quality products and honoring your commitments)
Reply Quote
Zombies? do they drop legendaries?!! :D
Reply Quote
02/09/2013 08:11 PMPosted by Duffman
I hope everyone feels better soon.

TIMELINE FAIL.

They already felt better when she posted this. She was a bit opaque, but all the clues are there:

1) "the amount of time we need to get everything localized remains unchanged"
2) "we'll now be posting them on Monday, February 11, around 10:00 a.m. PST"
3) "we do observe weekends"

Localization has to occur during some time frame and the final release is slated for Monday at 10am. Stepping backward, management has to receive them by 9am Pacific for final approval, which means the localizers in India/China need to start working on them no later than 5am Pacific (because they're ahead this puts their work in the Asia Monday workday).

Since they observe weekends, developer input must have been finished on or before Friday at 5pm. Now keep in mind that Legal would have had to review them for at least 8 hours (no offense Blizzard Legal - I don't think you're slow, just thorough!). That means the devs must have submitted them on Friday morning, which means they must have already returned to the office, so her post was after everyone felt better already.

Yay modern medicine!

PS - didn't want to post to forums tonight... Just got home from work and very tired, but curiosity overwhelmed me (yes, some folks work weekends during crisis periods. Take a hint - would love for ONE developer at Blizzard to work for ONE HOUR on a weekend while their stuff is still broken, but I guess sacred weekends defeat releasing quality products and honoring your commitments)

yep, observing weekends but posting monday morning meaaaaaaans dun dun dun dun

its already done! great delay bli$$ard
Reply Quote
You gave us an actual date!? That is mind blowing. Sheer mind blowingedness! It doesn't even have a "hopefully" or "probably" attached to it.

I almost forgot you missed an easy original target for something that really shouldn't be too difficult but for some reason is.
Reply Quote
Oh and i almost forgot.... IF the people at d3 are on thier 'weekend' brake then why is it that my thread was deleted, according to your own words you people do not work the weekend. am i supperised? NO. you people lie constantly! how about you actually be honest once and awhile...
Reply Quote
Delayed like everything blizzard does no surprise . . no surprise to hear an excuse either not that I care but they always have some kind of excuse for any delay they have. I'm sure not every dev in the company got sick "Keeping it real" as Jay Wilson would say lmao0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o/
Reply Quote
The Good

1) It looks like they'll be better really fast which didn't put this behind much really (2-3 business days?)
2) We now know details of them having the right person for the right job answering the right questions
3) Lylirra is absurdly hot, especially when she uses big words to describe the situation

The Bad

1) The Flu
2) This ultimately delays 1.07, seemingly they want to wait for this ask the dev thing to release 1.07
3) Delaying based on user feedback isn't always the best solution (that's what point patches are for)

The Ugly

1) "Round One" ? So do we have to wait multiple rounds of this before 1.07 is released?!
2) The last big patch was *13 weeks ago* (1.05). That's a quarter of a year and counting...not good for business or Diablo for that matter. Too many are losing interest with this big wait.
3) There needs to be a huge rush in development and it seems like there's not enough devs

Wow MasterJay, that was an unusually good post. Usually I hate your posts, but I really liked this one a lot. I think you summed it up pretty well. I don't see how Lylirra being hot is relevant and yes you still had to say it because certain things are so true you just have to say them anyway. Like how my wife is really cute (she is). I'm hoping they release 1.07 in some way, shape or form this Monday/Tuesday. They can always do fixes.
Reply Quote
Being open about your decisions can never be a bad thing. The very least thing you could do is making it possible for us to see the number of votes.

Thank you for your time.

Good points, I agree.
Reply Quote
Honestly....the Flu. Have none of your people ever heard of eating healthy and exercising?
And not to be able to answer a few questions from the comfort of your own Home PC while sick...seriously they can't type of a few answers to questions...while taking sick days? REALLY?!

I call shenanigans on this.

Our financial officer at work is nearly on her death bed and she still answers questions from home. Usually nearly all flues can be averted by simply just washing your hands.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]