Diablo® III

Ask the Devs Update

02/08/2013 02:08 PMPosted by Icarus
i have a coldsore!!

that is herpes you know.... There is no cure for herpes, only treatment.

on topic - i got my flu shot back in November. I thought that flu shots were pretty common to get now? free with nearly all health insurance plans....

next year please require all employees to get a flu show Blizzard.

Thanks.
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 02:11 PMPosted by Galx
Wow, some of the nastiness and negativity in this thread is just ..mind-boggling. Do I really play in the same game with people like this? :( :(

Damn, I was just thinking the same thing.

Maybe they're all 16 year olds?
Reply Quote
That's a bummer :/ Hope everyone over there gets better soon. Our office got hit too, it's like a ghost town over here.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
Thanks for posting an update and schedule. I know it takes time to provide well thought out answers and having a high fever and a appetite for brains does not foster quality work! I know the blizzard policy is only to allow staff to work at the office so I am glad they stayed home and avoided spreading it more. Besides, I am sure the few remaining healthy devs like having their brains intact!

The CDC has reported this is one of the worst flu seasons in recent history with quite a few deaths. We have been hit hard by the flu and norovirus here as well and having staff who work in close office quarters only makes it worse. I had it myself...it really was very very miserable. The few telecons I dialed in to ...I was ordered to mute the phone and go back to bed.

The fact you were able to set a time makes me think they are on the road to recovery. Hope they feel better soon!
Reply Quote
When im sick im usually on my computer in bed. You KNOW their doing the same thing..
Reply Quote
Thanks for posting an update and schedule. I know it takes time to provide well thought out answers and having a high fever and a appetite for brains does not foster quality work! I know the blizzard policy is only to allow staff to work at the office so I am glad they stayed home and avoided spreading it more. Besides, I am sure the few remaining healthy devs like having their brains intact!

The CDC has reported this is one of the worst flu seasons in recent history with quite a few deaths. We have been hit hard by the flu and norovirus here as well and having staff who work in close office quarters only makes it worse. I had it myself...it really was very very miserable. The few telecons I dialed in to ...I was ordered to mute the phone and go back to bed.

The fact you were able to set a time makes me think they are on the road to recovery. Hope they feel better soon!

from amount of elites you've killed, must have had flu too...
your response feels like blizzard shill post to me :)
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
02/08/2013 02:49 PMPosted by Captured
When im sick im usually on my computer in bed. You KNOW their doing the same thing..

Same, but from many of the blue posts on the topic, Blizzard does not allow staff to work from home. I suspect it has to do with ensuring privacy of customer data for support folks, and secrecy of development data/trade secrets with regard to the dev team.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
from amount of elites you've killed, must have had flu too...
your response feels like blizzard shill post to me :)

You are not your elite kill number. Honestly I am one of those affected by the major lag and graphics issues, especially in the Oasis. I am basically stuck until they either fix the game or I get a new computer :/ I keep hoping one of these patches or dev topics will address it.

Edit to say - when they DO fix it...maybe I will try playing again. I figure being nasty about it does not help the issue though so I try to be constructive. I LOVED D2....an am quite frustrated with D3.
Edited by MissCheetah#1661 on 2/8/2013 2:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 02:53 PMPosted by MissCheetah

Same, but from many of the blue posts on the topic, Blizzard does not allow staff to work from home. I suspect it has to do with ensuring privacy of customer data for support folks, and secrecy of development data/trade secrets with regard to the dev team.

Write a letter? Is hand writing and the U.S postal service non existant? Email???

Hey boss heres my Q&A responses for work they should be at the office shortly. Make sure somebody puts them on the forums at the intended time so we dont further angry our already outraged community. Just doing my job.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the update.

One small upside of a thread like this is it makes it very easy to make an ignore list. I am quite sure from some of these responses that it is very unlikely I will ever miss anything of value by using the ignore feature. I know Blizzard likes to let the trolls spout off in the hope they might glean some useful insight even from those who have no real interest in providing it, but I wonder if the overall level of discourse might improve with some much stricter moderation. As is, posters who are honestly trying to offer constructive feedback are simply drowned out.
Reply Quote
Due to many of our developers becoming flu-ridden zombies and needing to be quarantined so they could recover, we've had to postpone publishing the answers to your questions for the first round of Ask the Devs.

Rather than posting the answers this week (as originally scheduled), we'll now be posting them on Monday, February 11, around 10:00 a.m. PDT. We sincerely apologize for the delay, and hope you can forgive us for our recent zombie outbreak. :(

LyLirra hi :)

Why are we not allowed to Choose from our In game heros to display as our Blizzard.com profile Avatars together with their level? like WoW or SC, please allow us this ability too dont leave us out :(

-NeLLy
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Thanks for the update.

One small upside of a thread like this is it makes it very easy to make an ignore list. I am quite sure from some of these responses that it is very unlikely I will ever miss anything of value by using the ignore feature. I know Blizzard likes to let the trolls spout off in the hope they might glean some useful insight even from those who have no real interest in providing it, but I wonder if the overall level of discourse might improve with some much stricter moderation. As is, posters who are honestly trying to offer constructive feedback are simply drowned out.

I agree. Some seriously messed up folks posting here.

On another note, I hope the devs get well soon. I had the flu over Christmas and New Years and it wasn't pretty at all.
Reply Quote
hmm I used this excuse at work this week too :P

don't bullplop a bullplopper IMO.
Reply Quote
seems like everything at blizzard gets postponed anymore
Reply Quote
rofl, forget bout the "answers." we all know u'll be giving us inadequate responses to our feedback (see: dueling changed to brawling). tell us when are u gonna try to fix this *#@*#@* game!
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 12:05 PMPosted by AXEINGAR
Its cool. Even without a reason ( although granted this is a good one) a delay by Blizzard Entertainment is frequent, normal, and always expected.

We can only hope that this means we're actually getting real well-thought out positive responses (or they could just be messing with us you know?). *If* they actually are ill though, we should wish them well since they are the core of the game.

The problems with this game are not 100% their fault, I'm sure there are business folk at the top who deserve a lot of the blame for the bad directions this game has taken. I'm glad they posted this, now I have an idea of why the PTR/patch 1.07 is taking so long. Hopefully once flue season is over, they'll be able to put out patches faster.

Thank you Diablo 3 development team, especially coders, for your hard work, we wish you well. We hope you feel better soon.

Best Regards,

~Gamers like me who are only actually 1% jerk and 99% good intentions (it just seems the other way around).

PS: Don't get *too* close, we don't want your zombie plague upon us!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]