Diablo® III

Ask the Devs Update

Also, I thought that the questions should have been answered days ago. The reason we were told it would take this long was the need to translate it all into different languages and coordinate a release of information. Unless you guys were blowing smoke up our rectums on reddit....
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 06:50 PMPosted by Lylirra
Is the situation ideal? No. Is it the end of the world? Maybe (I've watched enough movies to know this is usually how zombie apocalypses start).

Three plague-breathing zombies in a small room? Reminds me of Tal Rasha's tomb.
Edited by Whiteraven#1955 on 2/8/2013 7:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
That's pure hilarity. 3 devs?

Based on the questions the community asked (and voted up in popularity), there were certain developers we needed to reach out to in order to get meaningful answers -- in this case, our system design group.

The Diablo III team is pretty big, but it's made up of multiple working parts, and most of the designers tend to specialize. Certainly, not everyone on the team has been sick, but a tech artist, for example, wouldn't be the correct person to ask about the crafting costs for new Rare recipes. Similarly, a UI engineer isn't going to be able to pontificate on the reasons why we buffed certain Monk skills in 1.0.7, but not others. Unfortunately, it was our system designers that bore the brunt of what we've dubbed the "zombie plague" (they share an office, so it's not a big surprise that they also shared the same nasty flu strain).

We know it sucks that we had to postpone posting the developer answers by a few days. We don't like it, either. But rather than rush the responses or get someone else who isn't responsible for that specific area of design to try to provide answers, we decided to wait until the right people were back in the office. We wanted to make sure that your questions were given that level of attention and respect.

Is the situation ideal? No. Is it the end of the world? Maybe (I've watched enough movies to know this is usually how zombie apocalypses start). But if it is, it's not because the first Ask the Devs round of answers has been delayed until Monday.

O.k only one question what release date for 107 patch approximately?
Reply Quote
Is the situation ideal? No. Is it the end of the world? Maybe (I've watched enough movies to know this is usually how zombie apocalypses start). But if it is, it's not because the first Ask the Devs round of answers has been delayed until Monday.

This is soooooooo important. I cant believe we have time for sarcasm at such a crucial moment like this zombie apocalypse.

With all this zombie talk, it would be nice to know if "The Walking Dead" is a popular subject come Monday mornings at the Blizzard office. It certainly is at my work... and on the radio coming into work... and at the house before I leave for work...
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 07:16 PMPosted by OldSchool

This is soooooooo important. I cant believe we have time for sarcasm at such a crucial moment like this zombie apocalypse.

With all this zombie talk, it would be nice to know if "The Walking Dead" is a popular subject come Monday mornings at the Blizzard office. It certainly is at my work... and on the radio coming into work... and at the house before I leave for work...

We are play more than 100hours in D3 we are all zombies doesn't it.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
02/08/2013 07:10 PMPosted by Zazu06
Also, I thought that the questions should have been answered days ago. The reason we were told it would take this long was the need to translate it all into different languages and coordinate a release of information. Unless you guys were blowing smoke up our rectums on reddit....

It took us longer to get the responses, but the amount of time we need to get everything localized remains unchanged. That means we had to shift everything down a couple of days to accommodate the developers not being available (we originally wanted to post on Thursday, for example, but now we're going to post on Monday (note: we do observe weekends)).
Reply Quote
Community Manager

The graphic novel, the television series, the board game, or the video game? We love'm all. :)
Reply Quote
View profile
02/08/2013 07:22 PMPosted by Lylirra
(note: we do observe weekends)).

Then type blue posts from home.
Reply Quote
That's pure hilarity. 3 devs?

Based on the questions the community asked (and voted up in popularity), there were certain developers we needed to reach out to in order to get meaningful answers -- in this case, our system design group.

The Diablo III team is pretty big, but it's made up of multiple working parts, and most of the designers tend to specialize. Certainly, not everyone on the team has been sick, but a tech artist, for example, wouldn't be the correct person to ask about the crafting costs for new Rare recipes. Similarly, a UI engineer isn't going to be able to pontificate on the reasons why we buffed certain Monk skills in 1.0.7, but not others. Unfortunately, it was our system designers that bore the brunt of what we've dubbed the "zombie plague" (they share an office, so it's not a big surprise that they also shared the same nasty flu strain).

We know it sucks that we had to postpone posting the developer answers by a few days. We don't like it, either. But rather than rush the responses or get someone else who isn't responsible for that specific area of design to try to provide answers, we decided to wait until the right people were back in the office. We wanted to make sure that your questions were given that level of attention and respect.

so what if your devs call in sick on monday.
you gon delay it again some more?
Reply Quote
On Monday we receive more information.)))
Reply Quote
Community Manager
so what if your devs call in sick on monday.
you gon delay it again some more?

Barring an actual zombie apocalypse? Nope.
Reply Quote
who care , all we want to know is when 1.07 release and is there a pvp come with it ?
Reply Quote
Of course we don't want to know you're working on 1.1 when we asking for 1.0.7. We want the appropriate answers, don't we ?
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 07:36 PMPosted by doccocaubai
who care , all we want to know is when 1.07 release and is there a pvp come with it ?

In monday we get more information i think.
Reply Quote
View profile
02/08/2013 07:29 PMPosted by Lylirra

The graphic novel, the television series, the board game, or the video game? We love'm all. :)

How about a "The Walking Dead" mod?

Champions must defend New Tristam against hordes of Zombies. Fallen Champions join the risen dead rank to kill the defenders.
Reply Quote

How about a "The Walking Dead" mod?

Champions must defend New Tristam against hordes of Zombies. Fallen Champions join the risen dead rank to kill the defenders.

Maybe Expansion -Prophecy of Deckard Cain or Legacy of Deckard Cain.
Edited by DarkAngel#2659 on 2/8/2013 7:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
Seeing my daughter sick and home from school with the flu for the past 2 days I totally understand. Hope they drink lots of fluids and get better quick.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]