Diablo® III

Ask the Devs Update

Thanks for the info, I was wonderin what was up.
Reply Quote
working as intended...

and about the update: Aren't you thankful?
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 07:31 PMPosted by Smooth
Based on the questions the community asked (and voted up in popularity), there were certain developers we needed to reach out to in order to get meaningful answers

This explains why this game is so messed up. Blizzard is so disorganized that the absence of a couple developers derails an operation that has been posted for weeks.

If you don't know what is going on, you might want to review your managers' proficiency. If I as much as hinted that I did not know what my team was up to at work, I would be replaced.

Wow. What ineptitude.
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 07:29 PMPosted by Lylirra
With all this zombie talk, it would be nice to know if "The Walking Dead" is a popular subject come Monday mornings at the Blizzard office. It certainly is at my work... and on the radio coming into work... and at the house before I leave for work...

The graphic novel, the television series, the board game, or the video game? We love'm all. :)

when does the new season start??
Reply Quote
Community Manager
02/08/2013 08:09 PMPosted by elGuntor
This explains why this game is so messed up. Blizzard is so disorganized that the absence of a couple developers derails an operation that has been posted for weeks.

Nothing has been derailed. A Q&A has been delayed due to illness, but that's about it. It's important to keep things in perspective.

(Also, I can assure you that many development companies have designers who specialize. This is not uncommon.)
Reply Quote
View profile
02/08/2013 08:21 PMPosted by Lylirra

Nothing has been derailed. A Q&A has been delayed due to illness, but that's about it. It's important to keep things in perspective.

(Also, I can assure you that many development companies have designers who specialize. This is not uncommon.)

How many questions are being answered? (estimation... we won't throw rocks at you if it's not accurate ^^)
Reply Quote
Zombies, ZOMG ready your shotguns!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
View profile
02/08/2013 08:37 PMPosted by Zyron
Also, I can assure you that many development companies have designers who specialize. This is not uncommon

Hearing the hammer talk about pounding nails or the wrench talk about turning bolts is ok, but if I want to truly learn about the project, I'de much rather hear from the carpenter.

Hey, don't put words into my mouth :(
Reply Quote
Looking forward to the Q&A :P
Reply Quote
Those here who don't understand what the flu actually is, how a group of people in close contact can all catch it at the same time (seriously?), or why the sick should stay home away from others and rest...are a big chunk of the reason Influenza and Norovirus spread so rapidly.

Hopefully everyone down at Blizzard recovers well and nobody needs a trip to the hospital.
Reply Quote
53 Dwarf Warrior
I hope you're not lying about this to make up an excuse as to why they haven't worked on the questions yet.
Reply Quote
Walking Dead....yay.......nice way to end the weekend...Merle needs to be killed quick or else its nothing but trouble and despair for Rick...
Reply Quote
This is so very confusing. You ask us to ask questions about the game (only in relation to 1.0.7 mind you). These answers are to come from "developers". When I think of "developers" to a game I'm thinking of a group of 3-6 people who get together and talk/story board/number crunch all of the skills, stories and ideas that they plan on putting into the game. They (the developers) get approval from their boss (lead developer) then they pass on the info/ideas to the coders who actually code/draw/program the game.

Is there not one person we as players can go to for all of the info / answers to questions we desire? Are not all developers on the same page in regards the state of the game / future plans for the game?

I'm probably waaaaay off base with my thinking and yes you are a huge corperation that does probably have more fingers in the pot than necessary but.... when a few people get sick and it throws your entire operation / time line out of whack are we to transpose that info to why it takes so long to get anything done with this game?

For example, 1 developer decides to go on vacation (he's earned it, great game and all) does that throw a patch back a week or two?
Reply Quote
Hey,

I have a great idea.
team death match shoulnd just be player vs player, because that would make the game to complex and boring aswell.
Thats why I came up with the perfect solution.
Team deathmatch should be like a battle of good vs evil.
LIke the angels vs the demons.
One team is with the "angels" and the other team with the "demons".
And both teams should be able to summon npc.
and when you get some kind of bonus you get higher leveld npc to help you.
Team death match should be like a battle of 30 vs 30 but with maybe 10 real players in it the rest should be npc.
There are many reasons to do this.
First of all you will never get bored because there big battles.
And there are many ways to improve and adjust that kind of gameplay.
You will also get the feeling you are playing d3 (not somekind of minigame)
Because in pve you will also be attacked by large groups of npc.
Add the final reason is that you can be creative with this type of gameplay.

So to put it short; you have 2 teams made out of human and npc players.
fighting for bonusses, buffs and victory.
Reply Quote
Another reason to keep the complainers going, just wonderful...
Reply Quote
Its official, you guys can be late for anything.
Reply Quote
so what if your devs call in sick on monday.
you gon delay it again some more?

Barring an actual zombie apocalypse? Nope.

So if the Devs are sick on Monday, you will still release the info?, That means you actually have all the info now. So if you have it , Why not just release it now?

Them being sick has nothing to do with they delay does it? It all has to be proof read so no real information is actually given out.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]