Diablo® III

Imagine a Bucket...

Guess no one likes my idea.. /shrugs.. oh well I tried.
Reply Quote
The distribution of the quality of items needs to be changed.... When you have so few choices for end game that is a problem. For example... Nothing comes close to witching hour... It would help if there were item that were a tier below... But nothing even comes close.

What i would like to see is very few uber items but a SMOOTHER increase of items as quality goes down. What we have right now is a SPIKEY distribution of the quality of items.
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 09:09 PMPosted by XSteelX
Guess no one likes my idea.. /shrugs.. oh well I tried.

Haha, don't worry man, I think the same idea was mentioned earlier in the thread (limiting items to one auction).

I think it's a decent idea, but I'm just RandomForumPoster #38591942^2
Edited by Matticles#1220 on 2/7/2013 9:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
If people are allowed to just pour of the water from their cups, why not let the bucket overflow? Either way you've got water on the ground.
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 09:13 PMPosted by CoasterMan
If people are allowed to just pour of the water from their cups, why not let the bucket overflow? Either way you've got water on the ground.

I'd rather keep my water and drink it myself. If you want some of my water, I'll gladly help you out.

But don't drink from that dirty-!@# bucket. It was clean at one point, and it can be clean again, but right now it's rancid and there may be a dead rat or some feces in it.

...I've taken this analogy too far and I'm beginning to have fun with it. My focus is shot now, have a great evening forum people.
Reply Quote
The answer is clear and simple. Lose the bucket and since it appears to be not going anywhere, you are forced to do "duct tape" fixes. Making the salvage feature more rewarding will not solve anything unless lots of other problems also get fixed because all you're left with is more of good but bland items. Itemization comes to mind right away. Stat priority is another big and ground shaking change.

Making the bucket bigger (having more players) is not going to happen unless you do what I said in the above paragraph so it's not really a solution.

edit: Btw your initial post with the analogy is a great way to weed out rage posts or people who just state nonsense..
Edited by harleq#1124 on 2/7/2013 9:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I look at it more like a grocery store, but the grocery store only sells bread. But now were getting recipes to make our own bread, if we want, we just gotta grow some wheat.

Can't make a sammich with just bread.
Reply Quote
1) We find a way to consistently drain the bucket. (We give players an incentive to salvage) - Make crafting worthwhile.

pretty much the better solution i like the crafting system, doesn't worth the time i posted and idea for an item sink earlier, but my post got hardly trolled and buried down i wont bump it again, doesn't have a point on this forums hate/trolls threads has 200 pages of answer, good threads whit ideas get buried down
sigh
Reply Quote
To stay on topic: I really feel, that current systm D3 use is not a tank with water, but ocean. In this ocean, u can dive, but prob, u won't find anything. Moreover, u will probably suffocate and die. On the other hand there is a beach. On this beach those lucky btards, who didn't die yet, are selling they precious items, from the deepest deep. Thats fine, but to play fair, u need money, and 'cause ure poor, u wont get them prolly. So u quit, or still dive, without a hope. Its pure pay to win.
Why D3 devs couldn't think about something that Path of Exile is. Seriously. In that game with the best items u still can die (well u have to find them first by yourself, but thats another story), and no amount of power will allow u to faceroll the content, the formula they use, would please everyone - hardcore ppl, regulars and even casuals. Game is online only, so there is a world market ( only trade between the players) and the global economy is perfect with that, oh I'm tired, but the problem in this game is, that the flaws from beginning will never allow D3 to shine. It's just impossible.
Cya in PoE.
Reply Quote
1) We find a way to consistently drain the bucket. (We give players an incentive to salvage)
- Make crafting worthwhile.

2) We expand the bucket. (Add more players)
- This can only be done by making the game better.

3) We stop the drip. (Make good items no longer drop)
- Completely out of the question.

Allow me to add:

4.) Cap the cost on how much players can sell their items, and how much gold players can have (this would also eventually lead to changes on how much things on the game cost: Repairs, vendor buyouts, crafting costs).

And, pondering on your #2..."This can only be done by making the game better..

I say, that is a very, very broad thing to work on.
Reply Quote
How do explain the echoing fury i search for cost at least 300M (1000 dps+ socket and LS) toppest is 1200+ dps ? overflow of items? why i cant feel it? can you explain ? or just blizzard think their server is going to be overload?

item overflow? i havent get good can sell for 1B from 1.01 or even enough to buy the echoing fury i want. What are you telling about? overflow?
Edited by MADTHUNDER2#3452 on 2/7/2013 10:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
I personally think the auction house needs to go. I've thought so since the day it was implemented.
Reply Quote
I was an international racecar driver. One day, a bucket rolled out onto the tracks, so I swerved into the retaining wall to avoid it. The car burst into flames, but the bucket miraculously survived. I was that bucket.
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 10:07 PMPosted by Matticles
I was an international racecar driver. One day, a bucket rolled out onto the tracks, so I swerved into the retaining wall to avoid it. The car burst into flames, but the bucket miraculously survived. I was that bucket.

Lol?

02/07/2013 09:21 PMPosted by Harleq
edit: Btw your initial post with the analogy is a great way to weed out rage posts or people who just state nonsense..

That's the approach I was looking for.

I'm very happy that a decent conversation with little flaming came out of it.
MVP FAQ: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4038704716#2
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 10:09 PMPosted by Drothvader
Lol?

That was a line from American Dad, specifically Roger placing a back story on an alternate personality.

I thought about that line out of nowhere and just threw bucket in where applicable. I wasn't going to post any more, but since this thread has been pretty good with little flaming, I figured a bit of irrelevance was due just to keep up the "WTF was that?" quota that this forum nurtures.
Reply Quote
What about giving items a number of times it can be traded or sold?

like each item can be traded 3 times before it become attached to the account.
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 10:14 PMPosted by Matticles
Lol?

That was a line from American Dad, specifically Roger placing a back story on an alternate personality.

I thought about that line out of nowhere and just threw bucket in where applicable. I wasn't going to post any more, but since this thread has been pretty good with little flaming, I figured a bit of irrelevance was due just to keep up the "WTF was that?" quota that this forum nurtures.

Now that you mention it, I do remember the reference. =P

All I'm trying to say is a vast majority of people recognize the problem, but rarely do we ever stop to think of the macroscopic consequences of those suggestions.

The intent behind this thread was to expand the discussion to a much broader scope, and to do so I needed a simple analogy to help.

Rather than think "I would like the game to do this because it's an awesome idea" it would be more worthwhile to think "I would like this to be added to the game because it overall tips the meta in a direction that is needed"

I'll be the first to admit I've had some terrible ideas along the road. I am EXTREMELY thankful that Blizzard didn't actually implement any of them. However, I think the reason I was chosen as MVP is because I can stir the pot a little and generate discussion, but promote civil discourse at the same time. =P

Anyway, enough about that.

Less off topic discussion moar discussion about keeping a bucket from overflowing with water. There have certainly been some great points made in that respect that keep the discussion on the macro level instead of the micro level. However, I think that we as a community can do a little bit better.
MVP FAQ: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4038704716#2
Reply Quote
The game worked on release but due to popular demand blizzard removed progression in favour of 1 Million gold budget heroes that farm 60% as efficiently as their 2 billion gold counterparts.

Inferno was meant to be the end game, now it's the end of the game.

It's hard to imagine that no one on the Diablo 3 team saw this coming, but I don't see the point in anyone going out of their way to claim any sort of malicious intent either. I'm crossing my fingers for an expansion that can't be burnt through on a weekend.
Reply Quote
Will blizzard employ a Economists to fix the game?
Edited by MADTHUNDER2#3452 on 2/7/2013 10:35 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]