Diablo® III

Looks like Araxom is our blue guy

View profile
So... I have to ask ya, Austin or Irvine?

Anyways, welcome to the forums in an official capacity (maybe he had an account here before...) and push the d/c protection cause, please, heh
Edited by Lykotic#1869 on 2/8/2013 11:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
It's nice that HC has been getting some attention lately.

Welcome, Araxom. I hope you can help make a great HC experience even better!
Reply Quote

Welcome, Araxom. I hope you can help make a great HC experience even better!

Indeed. It's really nice to have some of the staff posting on this side. Hopefully they find it's a more structured and intellectual collection of posts when compared to the general side =)
Reply Quote
Welcome. my Blue friend!

Indeed. It's really nice to have some of the staff posting on this side. Hopefully they find it's a more structured and intellectual collection of posts when compared to the general side =)

^^
Reply Quote
Yea, hoping this continues.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Hey everyone! I was lending a hand to assist with the messaging for the AH which we're still looking into. I'm based in Irvine, and a member of our Customer Service teams.

I started back in 2008 and it was Diablo that brought me into the fold. Although I have much respect for our normal mode players too, Hardcore is where it's at for me personally. I have an HC paragon 13 Monk, and am also working on a few alts who are near 60. Although I must remain cryptic about certain things, suffice to say that the best is yet to come.

I hope to have the chance to catch up with you as we go along :)

Hardcore for the win.
/Araxom
Edited by Araxom on 2/8/2013 6:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
Oh I am sure you will love it here. It's warm and cozy. You won't hear about people constantly whining about the same thing over and over again.
Reply Quote
Hey everyone! I was lending a hand to assist with the messaging for the AH which we're still [url="http://battle.net/d3/forum/topic/7810092950"]looking into[/url]. I'm based in Irvine, and although I'm not a regular member of the Community Team, I couldn't resist to stop by and say hi!

I started back in 2008 and it was Diablo that brought me into the fold. Although I have much respect for our normal mode players too, Hardcore is where it's at for me personally. I have an HC paragon 13 Monk, and am also working on a few alts who are near 60. Although I must remain cryptic about certain things, suffice to say that the best is yet to come.

Hardcore for the win.
/Araxom

Any idea of the fix date of the AH issue? It's getting pretty absurd in there.

Also, when does 1.0.7 go live?
Reply Quote
View profile
Hey everyone! I was lending a hand to assist with the messaging for the AH which we're still [url="http://battle.net/d3/forum/topic/7810092950"]looking into[/url]. I'm based in Irvine, and although I'm not a regular member of the Community Team, I couldn't resist to stop by and say hi!

Hardcore for the win.
/Araxom

Cool, always curious since I interviewed at the offices in Austin back when WotLK was launched (and you guys had crushed my former home at Mythic). So always curious when I talk/address a blue.

Feel free to drop by more often =)

Grats on the monk =)
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
02/08/2013 12:22 PMPosted by ricerocket
Oh I am sure you will love it here. It's warm and cozy. You won't hear about people constantly whining about the same thing over and over again.

My armor is secured. My blades are sharpened. Actually, I'm a regular here as are you all - just not in my normal blues. Suffice to say that, I'm in the trenches at Blizzard because of my love for Diablo, and HC. So, yeah. It's cool :)

P.S.
As far as the AH goes, I don't have any more information at the moment, but we're manning our stations and you can bet that as soon as I know more, so will you. Thank you again to everyone affected by this, for hanging in there!
Edited by Araxom on 2/8/2013 12:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hey Araxom, seeing as how blues have never posted here since Bashiok's sticky around release date, I want to get your opinion on something.

What do you think about a pause on disconnect function? (Or disconnect deaths as a whole.) It's a way to save someone from dying from disconnect, while at the same time, not allowing them to cheat death by pulling the plug at a bad time.

Basically, if you disconnect, the game pauses where you were at. You have ten minutes or so to log back on and resume, or the regular 10 second timer starts and you (probably) die. You cannot get out of the paused state by starting a new quest, you have to manually escape the scenario.

It's a proposal many people have thought of independently (since Starcraft has a similar, but not identical function) and voiced here, but since these forums have been blue-free, we have never heard an opinion on it.
Reply Quote

Hardcore for the win.
/Araxom

EXCELLENT!
Reply Quote
Nice to meet you, Araxom. Maybe it's too early to ask, but perhaps you could pull some strings and get us a Hardcore Trading forum? Or maybe dinner and a movie first? :)
Reply Quote
Hey Araxom, seeing as how blues have never posted here since Bashiok's sticky around release date, I want to get your opinion on something.

What do you think about a pause on disconnect function? (Or disconnect deaths as a whole.) It's a way to save someone from dying from disconnect, while at the same time, not allowing them to cheat death by pulling the plug at a bad time.

Basically, if you disconnect, the game pauses where you were at. You have ten minutes or so to log back on and resume, or the regular 10 second timer starts and you (probably) die. You cannot get out of the paused state by starting a new quest, you have to manually escape the scenario.

It's a proposal many people have thought of independently (since Starcraft has a similar, but not identical function) and voiced here, but since these forums have been blue-free, we have never heard an opinion on it.

This would be pretty amazing. At least give people 5-10 minutes to sort out whatever power/internet glitch there is, reset a router and computer, and get back to the game.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Hey Bottle, I need to refrain from putting forth my own thoughts on the subject as if that's the official word. Not to skirt the issue, but it's important I am clear with you all to let you know that as I am not a regular member of the community team, I'm not at liberty to providing that information. Any thoughts or opinions I may have on the subject would be independent of that of our development team, and that wouldn't be appropriate.

From a personal standpoint, it sounds like a good thing. I don't know the technicalities of what it takes to implement something like that.
Edited by Araxom on 2/8/2013 12:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
Are you sure you aren't breaking some kind of unspoken rule by posting here? I just pictured you guys walking around dressed like druids referring to the hardcore forums as:

"The forum no one speaks of"

And if you did, you would be flogged or something.

No?
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Hardcore)
View profile
OMG, I am soooooooooooooo delighted to see that we finally have a "Blue" who takes an active interest in what's going on in our tiny little corner of Blizz's world! Wooohooooo! I know one of the CMs (in Europe, iirc?) plays hardcore also, but we've definitely had the impression that Blizz, in general, hasn't cared much about our concerns until recently when the Vote-Kick griefing was finally addressed after months of complaints and unfair deaths.

Araxom, are you able to address the matter of the problem with DC's in hardcore and whether or not Blizz is actively working toward some kind of solution for us in this area?

(Don't you just love sticking your head into the forums and getting bomarded with questions you're probably not allowed to answer? LOL!)

Well, thanks for stopping by! It's a tremendous morale booster just to see that the blues even know we're (mostly) alive over here. *grin*

Galx
Reply Quote
Hey guys...ease off on the questions.

He JUST got here.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Are you sure you aren't breaking some kind of unspoken rule by posting here? I just pictured you guys walking around dressed like druids referring to the hardcore forums as:

"The forum no one speaks of"

And if you did, you would be flogged or something.

No?

Hardcore Diablo is what brought me here. I said it. I do love and have respect for all of our titles and modes of play, but we all know why we're here in this forum. It's true that HC only represents a small fraction of the Community, but I guess that's our job then to go out and stir up the rest of 'em! Right?

Haha, thanks for having me. I may not respond for a bit as I've got to attend to some other forums as well, but I'll be back.

P.S.
As far as the connection issues go - I won't speak more except to say that 1.0.7 is not too far off. Let's talk more after then :)
Edited by Araxom on 2/8/2013 12:49 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]