Diablo® III

Looks like Araxom is our blue guy

Just 2 days ago i made a post suggesting this pause feature without reading it anywhere else before. I'm really glad someone from blizzard recognizes it as a good idea. Dc deaths must draw many people away from the game and in my opinion it's really important for this game to have a great hardcore experience.

Greetings from Portugal
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Thanks Danas :)
Edited by Araxom on 2/8/2013 1:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hardcore might represent a small part of the community but i think it's really important to the community as a whole. Many streamers with high reputation that usually have thousands of viewers enjoy playing hardcore instead of softcore and if they play this game regularly it will certainly make the game bigger.
Reply Quote
Welcome Araxom! Glad to see HC getting some love and have someone who understands where we're coming from.
Reply Quote
Welcome Araxom! I think it's great that we have a Blue that's as into HC as we are!

Some of us only play HC and have always kinda felt like our voices were never really heard on alot of topics.

I am glad you're on board!
Reply Quote
I'd be in favor of dumping this whole online play in favor of playing on our own computers like the D2 single player. Imagine a world without the threat of lagging or DCs hanging over our heads like a dark cloud that will randomly strike us down. Last night I could have been killed on an Error 3007 (supposed to be client side) DC. MP3 going for the Plans. It doesn't matter whether it was my ISP or a gamer server. These random DCs are starting to weigh on everybody here on HC. Right now, this is a dark time to be playing on HC with an accumulation of issues. I hope things improve soon.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Hey Araxom,
You're not really one of us until you tell us how your first hero died. Do you have a story to tell?

Oh boy- well, I could probably write volumes about this.. nay, ARCANE TOMES worth of literature about this, but I'll need to be brief as I'm juggling a few threads in various places.

Let's start here: I had played Diablo and I loved it, but I didn't own it back in the day. My buddy had a sweet LAN set up and Diablo was one of the first coop games that we really hammered away at over at his place. Anyway, when D2 came out, I was all over it. I saw this strange 'Hardcore mode' and was curious about it, but it wasn't for me. At least... I didn't think it was. One day, my buddy Shane give me a holler to jump on in and I couldn't join his game. He let me know that he was rolling a HC character, and after some arguing about the perceived futility of it, I reluctantly joined.

Never again did I look back.

The first run through was relatively tame, and it wasn't even probably until my 2nd or 3rd night when I had my first brush with death. The corners of the screen glowed red and time halted to a stand-still. I immediately realized that the hours of work I had put into this little newborn character were on the line here - adrenaline surged and I began to pop skels with reckless abandon. I remember feeling like I needed to push some key but I couldn't think straight. Nothing was going right.

Anyway, somehow I survived. But I was changed. I never had that experience with normal Diablo before, and although I do respect it and can appreciate the intensity of it- it's just not the same. To each their own. Forever and always, will it be hardcore for me.
Edited by Araxom on 2/8/2013 2:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
Haha man, If you really loved Diablo you would be playing Path of Exile right now. :)
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
02/08/2013 02:02 PMPosted by Nephelem
Haha man, If you really loved Diablo you would be playing Path of Exile right now. :)

I hear good things, I haven't tried it yet, but there's room enough in this world for more than one Dungeon Crawler! :)
Reply Quote
Excellent story about D2.

You are a good writer.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent

Wait a sec, what? I don't recall the corners of the screen going red in D2.

I'm probably mixing memories between D3 and D2, to be fair, it's been awhile since I've roamed through D2. If it wasn't the screen, it was probably the sheer adrenaline messing with me!
Reply Quote
AH you caught me! I deleted that 'cause I thought it sounded a bit rude, but whatever.

Understand, you're like an exotic endangered creature wandering into our Natural Reserve. We're being very careful not to send you scampering away.
Edited by Bottle#1907 on 2/8/2013 2:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Oh no worries, when you said that I was like.. oh snap! But yeah, I honestly feel like there was some kind of glow - maybe not... now we need to figure this out. Was there seriously no glow when your dude got down to lowlife?
Reply Quote
View profile
Bottle remembered
Edited by Lykotic#1869 on 2/8/2013 2:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
Nope. I remember being surprised in the D3 beta and thinking "oh, that's cool".
Reply Quote
View profile
I hear good things, I haven't tried it yet, but there's room enough in this world for more than one Dungeon Crawler! :)

If you enjoy designing characters then POE is a very good game
If you like smooth fast paced combat I do not recommend it
Reply Quote
there was no glow. souls were eating you up in seconds if you didnt have enough lightning absorb.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Hmm. Dang, I must be getting old if my mind is playing tricks on me :P Oh well, good call! All the more reason to dust D2 off again. And thanks for the heads' up Lykotic, definitely will check it out!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]