Diablo® III

Looks like Araxom is our blue guy

02/08/2013 02:31 PMPosted by Nephelem
there was no glow. souls were eating you up in seconds if you didnt have enough lightning absorb.

Ahh the souls were annoying. I also remember on my first Necro getting 1 or 2 shotted by the corpse spitters from off the screen, that was funny.
Reply Quote
This is amazing, someone here to finally hear our words. Welcome, Araxom! Feel free to go back to your colleagues and tell them that you won the pool. You drew the HC community, the close knit little player base that plays the game through the thick and thin of it, just because we enjoy it. We don't call it perfect, we have suggestions on what to improve, but we don't curse your mothers and the seed they bore whenever we discover an error in font size either.

There are a lot of really great players, and people, who come through on these forums. I suspect you're going to be treated with a strange level of respect, a level that you should soon be bragging about and then eventually feeling guilty about when sharing war stories with your fellow forum workers.

Glad, glad, to finally see some blue attention in these neck of the woods. Maybe y'all thought we were too crazy to deal with before?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Haha Bob, righteous repsonse :) Well, to that end I will say that recently a coworker asked to see my profile page, (which I unfortunately will not be able to link here) and suffice to say that they came back to me with the response, "Man... it's all... Hardcore..."

Yeah buddy! /highfive
Reply Quote
You're not really one of us until you tell us how your first hero died. Do you have a story to tell?

Does losing a hardcore character on D2 count? I lost a level 80 something charged bolt sorc to a PKer javazon on a public Baal run. Haven't played a public game since.

I still haven't lost a character on D3, but I consider myself part of the community. I can go sacrifice my monk if I need to in order to get street(forum) cred! :)
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent

Does losing a hardcore character on D2 count?

Heck yeah it does!
Reply Quote
Haha Bob, righteous repsonse :) Well, to that end I will say that recently a coworker asked to see my profile page, (which I unfortunately will not be able to link here) and suffice to say that they came back to me with the response, "Man... it's all... Hardcore..."

Yeah buddy! /highfive

Excellent. Not just representation but fair representation. You're gonna do just fine here, my friend.
Reply Quote
Does losing a hardcore character on D2 count? I lost a level 80 something charged bolt sorc to a PKer javazon on a public Baal run. Haven't played a public game since.

I still haven't lost a character on D3, but I consider myself part of the community. I can go sacrifice my monk if I need to in order to get street(forum) cred! :)

If you want, I can invite your WD and then banner PK her

Heh
Edited by Bottle#1907 on 2/8/2013 3:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
Note to self: defriend Bottle. :)
Reply Quote
Araxom don't know if you're able to, but come do some runs with us sometime if you can. We usually do 4 man groups (for d/c protection) on MP 0 or 1. Feel free to add me in-game if it's legal =)~
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
02/08/2013 03:26 PMPosted by Speranza
Araxom don't know if you're able to, but come do some runs with us sometime if you can. We usually do 4 man groups (for d/c protection) on MP 0 or 1. Feel free to add me in-game if it's legal =)~

I'd love to, thanks :) As I'm sure you understand that may be complicated as I won't really be able to share my personal account information, but I really appreciate the offer! On your next run, please know that the spirit of Araxom is with you and that I shall be with all my HC brothers and sisters on the digital fields of battle!!
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 03:26 PMPosted by Speranza

Nah, they don't give up their profiles, for harassment reasons. It's possible that you're already doing runs with him, but you'll never know. O_o

EDIT: Damn it! Who's this new guy who keeps beating my to the post?
Edited by Bottle#1907 on 2/8/2013 3:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
Nice! Stoked to see friendly Blue posts around here!!

And fingers crossed the DC thing gets figured out :) My rig has a nasty habit of locking up now and then (its old, with plenty of issues) but I love the thrill of playing HC so something that makes it truly "skill-based" instead of "skill+internet/hardware luck-based" would be soooooo nice
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 03:40 PMPosted by Duban
And fingers crossed the DC thing gets figured out :) My rig has a nasty habit of locking up now and then (its old, with plenty of issues) but I love the thrill of playing HC so something that makes it truly "skill-based" instead of "skill+internet/hardware luck-based" would be soooooo nice

YES! This DC issue is like let's get the names of all players playing tonight and put their names into a hat. Then we'll randomly draw a few names to be sacrificed to the toon gods, so that we can maintain the integrity of HC. There has to be a better way...
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
I definitely hear you. I don't have any information about that right now, but I'll be sure to try and pass along any info as I am able.
Edited by Araxom on 2/8/2013 4:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hey Araxom! Welcome to the Hardcore forum. The enthusiasm that you and many others display for Hardcore is one of reasons why I switched. As much as I enjoyed feeling 'powerful' in Softcore, it really wasn't the kind of challenge I needed. Here, in Hardcore, the rush of adrenaline whenever I come too close to losing it all is what I love about this Diablo the most!

If I can make a suggestion for you to pass on, a trade forum specifically for Hardcore users would be terrific :)

Best of luck! You've already won over a lot of players with your active and enthusiastic posting. I love it. Cheers.
Edited by acrimony#1561 on 2/8/2013 4:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Hey Acrimonious! We're going to see a lot of awesomeness develop for Diablo. I truly believe that Diablo III is just getting warmed up. You can be sure that being strictly an HC player myself I very much have my own thoughts on the matter, many of which may be shared with the community at large. Suffice to say you're always welcome to put your thoughts out here. At the very least it gets out into the public eye.

As stated before, I'm not a member of the Community team per se, as I am assisting with messaging for things like the AH, but you can be sure that these forums are looked at by others at Blizzard than just myself. :)
Reply Quote
Ok Araxom, the real question is... What is happening to set bonus's in the new patch!

I am also loving seeing a blue posting in the HC forums! :)
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Gonna have to wait and see! I probably have an idea of what to expect, but unfortunately, I gotta leave you hanging for just a bit longer. ;)
Edited by Araxom on 2/8/2013 4:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
Welcome Araxom !!

I'm new to HC and have killed off a few DH in the last week. But I must say this is much more exciting and rewarding than than SC.

Thanks for listening and speaking with us.

M
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
You got it Makina, I look foward to reading some stories from you all!
Edited by Araxom on 2/8/2013 4:52 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]