Diablo® III

Looks like Araxom is our blue guy

02/08/2013 04:52 PMPosted by Araxom
You got it Makina, I look foward to reading some stories from you all!

Oh, I have one coming up later today. I'm working towards something, and it can go one way or the other. I guess we'll see.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Awesome Bottle, I won't be on much longer here as I'm out over the weekend, but I look foward to catching up when I get back. Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

May the Ancient Nephalem guide your mouse as you carve a path to victory, may the loot Goblins drop that upgrade, and most of all...

...may your deeds be remembered!!

Have a great weekend everyone :)

/Araxom
Edited by Araxom on 2/8/2013 5:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
Did anyone ask yet.... Who's replacing Jay?
Reply Quote
From what I remember from Jay's thread. Blizzard was going to take applicants. They may already have an internal canidate in mind, I guess we will just have to wait and see.

BTW this is my first HC forum post, but I am with you all as well. I have lost 4 HC characters so far but I am absolutely loving the game.

Short Story - Why HC is exciting. So when I am farming in Act 1 Fields of Misery and I come across an elite pack that are the giant bull things I kite them around sets of trees and attack when i am ready so I don't get charged. I play on MP0 currently and I have a good sized life pool and 72% absorb on incoming damage but I lost my Hell WD to those bulls so I am bit timid around them. :)
Reply Quote

Short Story - Why HC is exciting. So when I am farming in Act 1 Fields of Misery and I come across an elite pack that are the giant bull things I kite them around sets of trees and attack when i am ready so I don't get charged. I play on MP0 currently and I have a good sized life pool and 72% absorb on incoming damage but I lost my Hell WD to those bulls so I am bit timid around them. :)

Hope they pick a good one! (replacement, that is)

Welcome to the HC life (and death).

And, those elite bulls are rough... to anything but a monk and barb with sword and board! Good tactic, and just hope you don't get fast affix :)
Reply Quote
Araxom Archon.....Heh... that is your title....Never even thought of playing hardcore.. played in d2 but due to lag and a computer sometime that slows down i dont think i can play d3 as hardcore... but with Araxom here and posting not about the game mechanic but about his enthusism for the game I am considering it. but i really am dreading dying just once with my spending so much time in this game.. I only play Dh.. since by nature as a gamer i have always play a hero that uses bow type hero.. convinced me oh spirit of Araxom I have your blessing and favor's to reach for that pinnacle of excellence which is called HC.
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 09:12 PMPosted by CentaurusXVI
Araxom Archon.....Heh... that is your title....Never even thought of playing hardcore.. played in d2 but due to lag and a computer sometime that slows down i dont think i can play d3 as hardcore... but with Araxom here and posting not about the game mechanic but about his enthusism for the game I am considering it. but i really am dreading dying just once with my spending so much time in this game.. I only play Dh.. since by nature as a gamer i have always play a hero that uses bow type hero.. convinced me oh spirit of Araxom I have your blessing and favor's to reach for that pinnacle of excellence which is called HC.

I encourage you to give HC a try. DH is one of the more daunting classes to play in HC, especially as your first, but don't let that steer you away. My first HC toon was a DH, it went fairly well until a not so well played moment in act3 mp0. Now I have a monk. Once you get that first real feeling of adrenaline hit you from a near death you'll be hooked on HC. And yeah it kind of sucks to lose a HC toon, you'll feel bad about it and afterwards you'll realize 1000 things you could have done differently to survive, but the best part about HC is that surviving to 60, or even surviving a run can be as rewarding as it is to find a great item.

The difference between a level 1 character and a paragon level 100 character on softcore is nothing but time. The difference between those same characters in hardcore is one hell of a great adventure.
Reply Quote

The difference between a level 1 character and a paragon level 100 character on softcore is nothing but time. The difference between those same characters in hardcore is one hell of a great adventure.

Pretty much this. I took a hiatus of a couple months from Diablo III, and upon returning, I've been playing mostly HC. There's nothing quite like the adrenaline rush of "OH GOD I ALMOST JUST DIED."
Reply Quote
damn.. this is how all community managers should act..

too much silent deleting/moderating and no community interaction is the normal story.. hopefully this is the start of something good!
Reply Quote
It's too bad they won't let devs or CMs play with us in the game!

I used to be a forum Mod for Petroglyph (a smaller game house that made a few decent games) and the devs would play Star Wars: Empire At War with us once a month. I remembered the satisfying gratification of absolutely destroying the devs. I was ranked 2nd in the world on the ladder (which I'm sure isn't saying much since the player base pales in comparison to d3) but I sure felt like a stud! LOL

I still get a Christmas card from Petroglyph every year! Good memories.
Reply Quote

Pretty much this. I took a hiatus of a couple months from Diablo III, and upon returning, I've been playing mostly HC. There's nothing quite like the adrenaline rush of "OH GOD I ALMOST JUST DIED."

Yeah. I only have been as high as level 30, doing Narull's Randomized HC build challenge, and have lost my Barb to Nekarat, and a WitchDoc to Azmodan... I don't remember being ever so torn up about character losses. I've been forsaking my non-HC characters more and more, focusing on HC.
Reply Quote
Welcome Araxom,

A fellow hero in our community, I salute you.
Reply Quote
. . I run across an elite pack that are the giant bull things I kite them around sets of trees and attack when i am ready so I don't get charged. I play on MP0 currently and I have a good sized life pool and 72% absorb on incoming damage but I lost my Hell WD to those bulls so I am bit timid around them. :)

Don't even get me started about those Bull things. I lost a 60(2) Wizard to a very rowdie group of those in the Northern Highlands a month ago. I think they were Jailer/Mortar/Horde/Fast. Still kinda miffs me. I JUST put about 6 Million in upgrades on him too. Oh well. . .back to leveling the next one. . .
Reply Quote
And fingers crossed the DC thing gets figured out :) My rig has a nasty habit of locking up now and then (its old, with plenty of issues) but I love the thrill of playing HC so something that makes it truly "skill-based" instead of "skill+internet/hardware luck-based" would be soooooo nice

YES! This DC issue is like let's get the names of all players playing tonight and put their names into a hat. Then we'll randomly draw a few names to be sacrificed to the toon gods, so that we can maintain the integrity of HC. There has to be a better way...

soon as that is implemented im in!
this community seems much healthier than SC
Edited by xJNx#1314 on 2/9/2013 3:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/09/2013 01:52 PMPosted by WhiteOwl
. . I run across an elite pack that are the giant bull things I kite them around sets of trees and attack when i am ready so I don't get charged. I play on MP0 currently and I have a good sized life pool and 72% absorb on incoming damage but I lost my Hell WD to those bulls so I am bit timid around them. :)

Don't even get me started about those Bull things. I lost a 60(2) Wizard to a very rowdie group of those in the Northern Highlands a month ago. I think they were Jailer/Mortar/Horde/Fast. Still kinda miffs me. I JUST put about 6 Million in upgrades on him too. Oh well. . .back to leveling the next one. . .

Ouch. I have spent about 2.2 Million on my Barbarian to get him rolling but now I am all self find items from here on out. I am busy trying to level all my alts to 60 before I lose the Barbarian. :) Already lost my monk twice, once to stupid game play and another one to rubber-banding. But it's still awesome.
Reply Quote
I have a hardcore character but I have no buddies that play. I play every day, and have achieved a level twenty something wizard. If anyone wants someone new to hardcore to help show em the ropes add me as friend. Thanks.
Reply Quote
02/09/2013 07:52 PMPosted by Blackblade
I have a hardcore character but I have no buddies that play. I play every day, and have achieved a level twenty something wizard. If anyone wants someone new to hardcore to help show em the ropes add me as friend. Thanks.

When do you typically play and what time zone are you in?
Reply Quote
02/10/2013 10:58 AMPosted by TwoCoins
So we have somebody who actually played Diablo 1 and 2? Since it feels like everyone else on staff probably never did before working for Blizzard. Since you were a hardcore fan of D1 and D2...i'm sure you're just as disappointed with this game than all of us. In the bottom of your heart you know it's true. But since you're an official staff member you gotta tell us the game is still great...even though it's a major disappointment.

General Forums ---->
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]