Diablo® III

Dueling Re-Named to Brawling

Talking about dueling:
02/08/2013 11:48 AMPosted by Lylirra
you don’t need to worry about objectives, rewards, or scoring, and that’s exactly what we love about it

And thats exactly what we the customers hate about it. Since often dueling results in One sided humilliations (done in 1 hit or 2) with 0 reward at all wich grants an assured boredom in 5 minutes.

Talking about dueling again:
02/08/2013 12:00 PMPosted by Lylirra
It’s something that only involves two people, and carries with it the expectation of formality and structure, and to a degree…fairness

So this rename change automatically frees blizzard from any balancing job and save money on the process ;D clever move. Lazy but clever.

People expecting a balanced experience is not a misconception Lylirra, but an expected fundamental quality of any successful gaming experience. If you dont want to offer those qualities is fine though, but I assure you that feature wont have any future as it is.

In that case, See you on the next " we changed how brawling works" post .
Edited by Colt#2370 on 2/8/2013 9:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
well, that's a little gay
Reply Quote
Hey ,

I have a great idea.
team death match shoulnd just be player vs player, because that would make the game to complex and boring aswell.
Thats why I came up with the perfect solution.
Team deathmatch should be like a battle of good vs evil.
LIke the angels vs the demons.
One team is with the "angels" and the other team with the "demons".
And both teams should be able to summon npc.
and when you get some kind of bonus you get higher leveld npc to help you.
Team death match should be like a battle of 30 vs 30 but with maybe 10 real players in it the rest should be npc.
There are many reasons to do this.
First of all you will never get bored because there big battles.
And there are many ways to improve and adjust that kind of gameplay.
You will also get the feeling you are playing d3 (not somekind of minigame)
Because in pve you will also be attacked by large groups of npc.
Add the final reason is that you can be creative with this type of gameplay.

So to put it short; you have 2 teams made out of human and npc players.
fighting for bonusses, buffs and victory.
Reply Quote
View profile
02/08/2013 12:00 PMPosted by Lylirra
I'm gonna go ahead and call it dueling, if you corporate types don't mind. Stop trying so hard to not be Diablo 2, it's kinda pathetic.

Most of the feedback we've been seeing from players has been in the context of what dueling was in Diablo II and how it exists in other games. Generally speaking, dueling in other games has always been something that you can do in the normal world at a moment’s notice (or at least initiate at a moment’s notice through a challenge). It’s something that only involves two people, and carries with it the expectation of formality and structure, and to a degree…fairness. That’s not really what dueling (now brawling) is about in Diablo III, and we want to make sure that the scope of the system isn't being misrepresented by its name.

I like the change to brawling, it is a good idea that you call it that. Because calling it dueling and some players will be looking for the hostility button. Brawling is not like Dueling in D2. That is why it is a great idea to change the name of it.
Reply Quote
Player Base: When is the Calvary coming?!
Response: We're not the Calvary, you know. We prefer to be called the Pony Express. And we'll get there, when we get there.
Reply Quote
They really just need to make damage reduction like 99% or something... then 100k dps = 1k dps on players, so stuff actually happens.

LOH / regen would have to scale appropriately as well.
Edited by Presea#1340 on 2/8/2013 9:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
Yawn....... back to Diablo 2
Reply Quote
Might as well call it "sparring"...
Reply Quote
Let's help the development process along and come up with other names:

Kockfighting
Bashing
Smashing
Jousting
Quarreling
Feuding
Griefing
Kombating
Altercating
Killing-time-till-PVPing
Edited by Ninblades#1367 on 2/8/2013 10:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
The more casual approach gives me less incentive to use these features for a long period of time.

Maybe I'm just upset that HC "Brawling" won't be permanent death.

Now I can call Jay a liar for not keeping his word on giving the HC dueling community HC duels.
Reply Quote

There's a lot of power in a name, and we think that the idea of a brawl more accurately describes the system we created. Heck, the NPC we added is even called Nek the Brawler, so we feel this re-branding must have been foretold in one of Deckard Cain’s prophecies. :)

Decarkd Cain, he was so important to the story that you killed him off in the first act.
Reply Quote
GOOD job dev team!!! Now go enjoy your weekend; you've definitely earned it!!!
Reply Quote
This is absolutely disgusting. You guys should feel ashamed of yourselves. Stop being so !@#$%^-ed stubborn and just listen to your fans. I haven't played this game in months, but I'd really like to, but every time we get a blue update, it's nonsense. Almost every patch is nonsense. This blue post is the worst I've ever seen. Scour this thread to find a single positive comment and just see how absolutely hateful the community has become toward you guys because of the way you guys consistently ignore our pleas for change and our ideas to make the game better.

Stop wasting time! This is the least important blue post I've ever seen and it's really just offensive to your community.
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 11:48 AMPosted by Lylirra
you don’t need to worry about objectives, rewards, or scoring

and this is fun right ?!!!
-----------------------
it took them too long to realise that dueling .. i mean brawling ! is too stupid to be called dueling ? .. how long will it takes to release 1.1 ? ..... just wondering
Reply Quote
Used to be 8 man full group for pvp or pve. You used to also get a ear of the toon you killed. How things have moved backwards. No dueling, I mean brawling anywhere but in the rings folks! The rest of the game is for, o ya act 3 farming.
Reply Quote
Talking about dueling:
you don’t need to worry about objectives, rewards, or scoring, and that’s exactly what we love about it

And thats exactly what we the customers hate about it. Since often dueling results in One sided humilliations (done in 1 hit or 2) with 0 reward at all wich grants an assured boredom in 5 minutes.

Talking about dueling again:
It’s something that only involves two people, and carries with it the expectation of formality and structure, and to a degree…fairness

So this rename change automatically frees blizzard from any balancing job and save money on the process ;D clever move. Lazy but clever.

People expecting a balanced experience is not a misconception Lylirra, but an expected fundamental quality of any successful gaming experience. If you dont want to offer those qualities is fine though, but I assure you that feature wont have any future as it is.

In that case, See you on the next " we changed how brawling works" post .

You mean " we changed how BRUISING works." By then the post will be something to the effect of "We know you guys get bruises from beating your head against the desk waiting for these updates, so we decided to change the name to bruising."
Reply Quote
Seems like this company really got liberalized.
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 11:30 PMPosted by Ruhler
GOOD job dev team!!! Now go enjoy your weekend; you've definitely earned it!!!

Yes (4 exclamation points), changing the name of something is amazingly hard work - sorry - "nonfun time". I forgot to tell you that I changed the name of work for myself to nonfun time. And it was HARD to do that. It took like 5 second to type that out. I'm headed off to have a nice weekend now, because I deserve it for coming up with this name change (5 exclamation points, because we can never have enough).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]