Diablo® III

Dueling Re-Named to Brawling

Blizzard,

Please have a Forum dedicated for "Renaming Ideas" as we all care about renaming crap...

My gram once said,
IF ITS NOT BROKEN, DON'T FIX IT!
Reply Quote
Diablo is not a words with friends game its a number game thats all we care about...move along now...move along
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 12:00 PMPosted by Lylirra
I'm gonna go ahead and call it dueling, if you corporate types don't mind. Stop trying so hard to not be Diablo 2, it's kinda pathetic.

Most of the feedback we've been seeing from players has been in the context of what dueling was in Diablo II and how it exists in other games. Generally speaking, dueling in other games has always been something that you can do in the normal world at a moment’s notice (or at least initiate at a moment’s notice through a challenge). It’s something that only involves two people, and carries with it the expectation of formality and structure, and to a degree…fairness. That’s not really what dueling (now brawling) is about in Diablo III, and we want to make sure that the scope of the system isn't being misrepresented by its name.

Which other games (generally speaking) has dueling been something you do in the normal world at a moment's notice? I know of borderlands, diablo 2 (sort of but not really since you had to go to town to hostile, and up to 8 people)...

Im genuinely curious about any other games like that though
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 12:00 PMPosted by Lylirra
Generally speaking, dueling in other games has always been something that you can do in the normal world at a moment’s notice (or at least initiate at a moment’s notice through a challenge). It’s something that only involves two people, and carries with it the expectation of formality and structure, and to a degree…fairness. That’s not really what dueling (now brawling) is about in Diablo III, and we want to make sure that the scope of the system isn't being misrepresented by its name.

We all know that. Why did the dev just come to realize it now? When are they planning to bring us the "real" dueling system? Please forward this to dev team, what we always want is a dueling system. We never said we wanted a brawling system.

And, just my opinion, the whole game is already misrepresented by its name.
Reply Quote
Obviously if these are the things they're looking at now, then it means 1.07 is almost ready for prime time.
Reply Quote
Brawling!
Way to violent!

I say we have a maniacal pillow fight at the inn at Tristram!

lol
Edited by MaxCarnage#1211 on 2/8/2013 2:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
This is hilarious, sticky thread about a name change?

Just put it on the patch notes. Like there's nothing else you guys should be working on.

Cannot believe this, seriously!
Reply Quote
yeh pay 59E to play Brawling! lolo
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 02:04 PMPosted by coolvi
Obviously if these are the things they're looking at now, then it means 1.07 is almost ready for prime time.

Hurray! So, when is the patch coming out?
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 01:54 PMPosted by MisterAjikko
There's a lot of power in a name

True that. So, why don't you fix the character names to appear in games instead of battle tags all the time? Oh wait... you guys can't. Because you guys only develop something up than change the name to suit the whatever thing you guys develop. So, when are you guys gonna rename Diablo 3 to something else?

Agreed. There was a lot of power in a name, specifically the name "Diablo". It helped whatever game this is sell a record amount of copies. If you would like to somehow keep the power of that name, I suggest the dev team make some drastic changes and address some of the glaring deficiencies (ahem, itemization and customization) before the name "Diablo" loses all the power it originally had.
Reply Quote
so will there still be dueling in the future? with 2v2 /4v4 and some sort of score card?
Reply Quote
Brawling!
Way to violent!

I say we have a maniacal pillow fight at the inn at Tristram!

lol

Actually, may as well add that as an option in Whimsyshire...
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 02:04 PMPosted by kukabuka

Most of the feedback we've been seeing from players has been in the context of what dueling was in Diablo II and how it exists in other games. Generally speaking, dueling in other games has always been something that you can do in the normal world at a moment’s notice (or at least initiate at a moment’s notice through a challenge). It’s something that only involves two people, and carries with it the expectation of formality and structure, and to a degree…fairness. That’s not really what dueling (now brawling) is about in Diablo III, and we want to make sure that the scope of the system isn't being misrepresented by its name.

Which other games (generally speaking) has dueling been something you do in the normal world at a moment's notice? I know of borderlands, diablo 2 (sort of but not really since you had to go to town to hostile, and up to 8 people)...

Im genuinely curious about any other games like that though

Methinks they are referring to WoW, which isnt a surprise since that is one of the only types of games this dev team has experience in, other than RTS
Reply Quote
lol, so true, stop trying so hard to not be D2, and suck it up, instead of keeping what was good from the game and added to it, you invented a whole bunch of irrelevant systems that no one finds FUN.

and no JW does not get what we find fun.

sorry to be so, blunt, but it is what it is. No hard feelings devs.

Missed the train AGAIN.
Edited by Touche#1547 on 2/8/2013 2:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
This is just another example of how distant the developers are from what the fans want. Quit wasting time on titles and other useless crap in this patch. Add some depth to the game. You can redeem yourselves but to be honest with each passing week you are losing more and more hardcore gamers to games that have depth. Its time to take a step back put your big boy/girl pants on and fix this game. It has such potential it just needs a little old school Diablo injected into it. Prove to us that this is a true successor to Diablo 2. I am no troll just a passionate fan that wants this game to evolve into a game fitting of a Diablo title.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]