Diablo® III

Dueling Re-Named to Brawling

02/08/2013 11:58 AMPosted by BurningRope
I'm gonna go ahead and call it dueling, if you corporate types don't mind. Stop trying so hard to not be Diablo 2, it's kinda pathetic.

Pretty much this
Its kinda sad that your trying to kill everything that made diablo II so popular.

And you should focus on more important things like the channel aspect.

This please
http://www.diablofans.com/topic/35494-new-battlenet-mockup/
Reply Quote
Should change it to "failed project" and discontinue programming efforts on a feature little kids cried for when no real player gives a flying f*** about such a pointless in-game feature.

Never cared for it. Will never use it. The games fine, just sort out your servers so it can run smoothly.

Your acting like an emotionally defeated mother giving in to her abusive sons requests. Make decisions and stand by it...why listen to the community when the community consists of so many casual, uneducated gamers.

Wow... Just wow.
Reply Quote
It's cool. I'm still going to call it dueling.
Reply Quote
what is the problem with Duel?? because you use this on Diablo 2? a??????????

♪Diablo Suckk!! Diablo Suckk!!.. Yeah !! ♪
Reply Quote
I like muffins.
Reply Quote
By this logic, Diablo 3 should be renamed because based on feedback it is not the true sequel to Diablo 2.
Reply Quote
Brawlo III
Reply Quote
Does this mean dueling will be re-introduced as a new feature or game type since the current PVP is being renamed Brawling? The only reason why I can think of for developers to be so picky about the name is that they have the intent to add dueling as something different than brawling. Expansion, future patch?

I can hope.
Reply Quote
View profile
this is important

02/08/2013 11:58 AMPosted by Honor
this is important
Reply Quote
i just got an instant headache reading this
Reply Quote
lol\
Reply Quote
After reviewing feedback from the PTR, we've decided to rename dueling to brawling—a title we feel is much more fitting for the system. Rather than wait to announce this in the official patch notes, we wanted to let players know ahead of time, in part to reduce confusion and in part to explain the reasons behind the change.

While the system we designed for 1.0.7 was developed in order to give players a fun way to beat each other up in Diablo III, we've come to realize that "dueling" wasn’t the best name for it. Sure, it allows players to pummel, stomp, immolate, and hex fellow Nephalem (over and over again, if they so choose), but it's not a traditional one-on-one duel. It’s something much more wild and open-ended, where you can engage in 3-person and even 4-person free-for-all skirmishes with few restrictions. The system is all about letting players fight for the sake of fighting—you don’t need to worry about objectives, rewards, or scoring, and that’s exactly what we love about it. But again, that’s not really dueling; it’s brawling!

There's a lot of power in a name, and we think that the idea of a brawl more accurately describes the system we created. Heck, the NPC we added is even called Nek the Brawler, so we feel this re-branding must have been foretold in one of Deckard Cain’s prophecies. :)

This change will be reflected in the patch notes, as well as in all related game text fields once 1.0.7 ships. We’ve no further changes planned for brawling at this time, but we’re excited to see what kind of havoc players will wreak in the Scorched Chapel once the patch is released.

With all the feedback against account bound items are you going to not have account bound items?

They are such a bad idea.
Reply Quote
Achievements, ranking, loot or GTFO!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]