Diablo® III

Lag/Freeze during gameplay

I've been experiencing something quite unusual during game play since last night. During game play, everything just stops on me. I can move around, I can still chat but seems delayed, other players in the room do not move at all, and my spells that I was using at that exact moment are on infinite loop. For example, my wicked wind spell does not go away after few seconds like it normally should but goes on infinitely until the lag goes away. Once I get into this "lag/freeze mode" I'm in it for at least 30 seconds to several minutes. And when I get out of it, the other players in the room are already a mile ahead. Wasn't sure if this was a lag or game freezing, but either way sucks big time. Is anyone else having this problem and if so any suggestions for fix?

I'm at the East coast using Verizon FIOS Quantum service.

Thank you in advance!!
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
kkim84,

Sounds like a high latency symptom. We've been seeing reports lately from Verizon FIOS users experiencing that sort of thing in World of Warcraft recently during peak hours at night mostly.

We're in the "collecting information" stage now though in order to assist Verizon any way we can. You might read about it and maybe post the info asked for as well on the Wow forum but for now, there really isn't much I can suggest in the way of a workaround.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7864916450
Reply Quote
Oh I see, thank you for the info :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]