Diablo® III

How to disable cutscenes???

I have been playing this game since it came out and after the seventy-fifth thousandth time of watching them I can't take it anymore. What do I have to do to disable them??
Reply Quote
Not sure how to disable, but if you hit esc you can skip them.
Reply Quote
Yes I know, but I want to disable them. It just gets to be so annoying after the five billionth time...
Reply Quote
It would be a great option to permanently disable all cutscenes and the random dialogue boxes that constantly litter your screen interrupting combat. One or 2 times is fine, but there's only so much a player can take of those silly ingame malware popups of stupid demons telling you all their plans in a cheesy way without starting to hate them. TBH i really prefered the D2 style of character exposure: A strong punchline before the boss encounter and that's it.
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 07:19 AMPosted by gibsonnova74
Not sure how to disable, but if you hit esc you can skip them.
Ya, but you still have to watch the first second and a half 75,000 times. It's not a big big deal, just a quality of life thing. I just want to walk to Azmodan and fight, not walk to Azmodan, hit escape, hear "Nephalem fool---," then fight.
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 07:24 AMPosted by Bricken
Ya, but you still have to watch the first second and a half 75,000 times. It's not a big big deal, just a quality of life thing. I just want to walk to Azmodan and fight, not walk to Azmodan, hit escape, hear "Nephalem fool---," then fight.

Exactly, after a certain number of times it just gets to be incredibly irritating. And I am way beyond that point. There really needs to be some kind of optional check box to completely disable them.
Reply Quote
LOL, the fact that they thought it would be okay to constantly force us to watch those cut-scenes is ridiculous... really bad design. It would be tolerable if it was each time you played through a difficulty for the first time but, every time you play through a certain quest...
Reply Quote
esc or spacebar will shut those up lol
Reply Quote
It was never really intended to skip those scenes as they add so much value to this game, even on the trillionthed and once time.
Please learn to see "fun" the Blizzard way.

#BlizzardKnowsBest
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 07:38 AMPosted by Edwarrior
esc or spacebar will shut those up lol

Yea, but after almost a year of playing I shouldn't have to press esc or the space bar 900 million god damn times.
Reply Quote
theres no way to disable it. Also you cant disable dialog windows. Both breaks the fast paced feel to the game.
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 07:41 AMPosted by Conan
Yea, but after almost a year of playing I shouldn't have to press esc or the space bar 900 million god damn times.

I feel the same way if that helps
Reply Quote
It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't also prompt you "Are you SURE you want to skip the cutscene" after you press ESC. Like, really...

If they just got rid of that stupid confirmation prompt and just immediately skipped it, it would be acceptable imho.
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 07:35 AMPosted by Villein
LOL, the fact that they thought it would be okay to constantly force us to watch those cut-scenes is ridiculous... really bad design. It would be tolerable if it was each time you played through a difficulty for the first time but, every time you play through a certain quest...

Or the non-escapable dialogue.
e.g. the Scoundrel first meeting, Tyrael after the gates of heaven...
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 08:44 AMPosted by venveng
Ah crying kids are at it again. Wonder what would they cry about next.

I dunno.
We already did the crying about crying since the first WoW forums.
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 08:44 AMPosted by venveng
Ah crying kids are at it again. Wonder what would they cry about next.

Ahh, the pillow-biting fanbois are at it again defending every bone-head move and mistake in the game. The ability to disable cutscenes should have been there form the beginning.
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 08:44 AMPosted by Strauss

Or the non-escapable dialogue.
e.g. the Scoundrel first meeting, Tyrael after the gates of heaven...

spacebar, man, spacebar. I didn't always know it till someone told me.
Reply Quote
You can do this.... and you can also..... there's that as well.....

err... well...
Reply Quote
You can do this.... and you can also..... there's that as well.....

err... well...

That's why I sometimes play with game volume at zero. ctrl + [ for me. I sometimes do not want to hear all the screeching demons and such. But of recent, I have been listening.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]