Diablo® III

How to disable cutscenes???

02/08/2013 09:05 AMPosted by Conan
Ahh, the pillow-biting fanbois are at it again defending every bone-head move and mistake in the game. The ability to disable cutscenes should have been there form the beginning.

Wow, that's... wow. Anyway, most games don't have options to drop the cutscenes entirely so I don't think it's actually an oversight or mistake on their part (at least, by industry standards).

You've gotten the solution already: spacebar or the ESC key. It's not that tough although the way you talk you seem like George Jetson getting tired because he has to keep pressing a button all day.
Reply Quote
It is kind of funny how Jay Wilson once mocked D2 for the Cain "Stay awhile and listen" and made much more repetitive and annoying parts of the game that can't be skipped.

It would be so great if there was an option to ignore all cut scenes and character dialog. The most annoying part are the character dialogs you can't escape out of, because there is no text box.
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 10:01 AMPosted by Deth
It is kind of funny how Jay Wilson once mocked D2 for the Cain "Stay awhile and listen"

Is this why they killed him? He's an icon from D1. I could would do anything to hear him say that now. :(
Reply Quote
So pressing esc in d2 to get rid of spamming is better than pressing esc in d3 . Wow blizzard added this even though we complaint if d2 bot spamming.
Reply Quote
Watch this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G4lX-MKrgI

Even after the release, People have been complaining that adding this cutscene will sound good at first, but Diablo was meant to be played repetitively.
Adding this cutscene was worst decision ever...
Diablo 1 and Diablo 2, never got this problem at all.
Reply Quote
View profile
OP, not possible.
Reply Quote
View profile
If you are running into cut scenes then you are not doing it right as far as farming goes. I never have had to skip a cut scene during farming. You are not forced to complete the mission you select. So you should never see a cut scene at all. I know that I never do, the run I do only has Azmodan talking about pain and anquish, that is the only annoyance. But I can hit the x and close that annoyance.
Reply Quote
Start at the last quest in the run that you are doing and bam no more. But it would be nice to disable them but it really isnt that bad having to hit esc everytime.
Reply Quote
I dont understand how people can defend this. I know I can hit spacebar, but having to constantly do it is a terrible design decision. There should be an option to disable cutscenes and dialog. Spacebar is not a solution. Having a disable cutscene/dialog option is a QoL feature (Quality of Life). Many common office programs have key selling points of "Saves you 2 seconds to do -insert action here-" because when you do those actions millions of times it adds up to a lot of wasted time and is just plain annoying.

EDIT
02/10/2013 08:01 PMPosted by AaronSlow
Start at the last quest in the run that you are doing and bam no more. But it would be nice to disable them but it really isnt that bad having to hit esc everytime.

I do start at the end when I farm, but I only play Hardcore and have to do the quests every time I re-level a character. I think it is "THAT BAD" to hit spacebar/esc and should be an option to disable them after the first time you beat normal. I dont need to see them again, and if i want to I can re-enable it.
Edited by Artophwar#1918 on 2/10/2013 8:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
I dont understand how people can defend this. I know I can hit spacebar, but having to constantly do it is a terrible design decision. There should be an option to disable cutscenes and dialog. Spacebar is not a solution. Having a disable cutscene/dialog option is a QoL feature (Quality of Life). Many common office programs have key selling points of "Saves you 2 seconds to do -insert action here-" because when you do those actions millions of times it adds up to a lot of wasted time and is just plain annoying.

EDIT

I do start at the end when I farm, but I only play Hardcore and have to do the quests every time I re-level a character. I think it is "THAT BAD" to hit spacebar/esc and should be an option to disable them after the first time you beat normal. I dont need to see them again, and if i want to I can re-enable it.

Well now that makes since when you say hardcore. Well then I say why not improve your skills with a SC character so you do not die as often then go into hardcore and problem solved. That is what I would do until Blizz adds such a feature.
Reply Quote
Blizzard said they will think about a "Disable Cutscenes" option months ago, still not in the next patch...

We need a "No Story mode" where there is no cutscenes or quests & we can waypoint to any act & fight any boss
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 07:16 AMPosted by Conan
I have been playing this game since it came out and after the seventy-fifth thousandth time of watching them I can't take it anymore. What do I have to do to disable them??

It is kind of funny how Jay Wilson once mocked D2 for the Cain "Stay awhile and listen" and made much more repetitive and annoying parts of the game that can't be skipped.

It would be so great if there was an option to ignore all cut scenes and character dialog. The most annoying part are the character dialogs you can't escape out of, because there is no text box.

Ha I just said the same thing and now edited it out because I saw you saying it already.. ha ha..
Edited by AxeLord#1992 on 2/11/2013 5:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 08:44 AMPosted by venveng
Ah crying kids are at it again. Wonder what would they cry about next.

"Oh man, i cant figure out a counterargument"
"Oh well, at least i can call them whiners, that'll work"
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 08:41 AMPosted by Delfius
If they just got rid of that stupid confirmation prompt and just immediately skipped it, it would be acceptable imho.

Oh, please, yes. Infact, can they just get rid of confirmations, generally?

Clicking on the end-dungeon portal menhir-thingy earns you a giant pop-up window: "You're about to leave the dungeon: Continue? OK/Cancel."

Complete an event? Giant pop-up: "Event Completed." Click to continue.

Complete a quest" Giant pop-up: "Quest Completed." Click to continue.

Yes, we can ESC out each time, but it's still annoying as Inferno. It's like they pasted Windows Vista's UAC into their game, having somehow missed the fact that it's Vista's most annoying feature.
Reply Quote
02/11/2013 05:09 AMPosted by ShadowAegis
Well now that makes since when you say hardcore. Well then I say why not improve your skills with a SC character so you do not die as often then go into hardcore and problem solved. That is what I would do until Blizz adds such a feature.

HC death isn't always about a lack of skills.

Por ejemplo:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7894149468
Reply Quote
Oh yeah, the cutscene problem...
They include cutscene EVERYWHERE....
Diablo 1 and Diablo 2 never has this problem...
Now they include Cutscene on Diablo 3...
This game was made to be repetitively played...
And having cutscene that you have to skip in every repetitive game is a bad decision to make...

Im a programmer, and even in programming we need to stop notifying our user for a repetitive task...
Even windows create interface to make repetitive task easier to skip...
Diablo 3,
The only thing they got it right is the fluidity of the battle, it felt fluid.
Everything else was a mess.

Watch this,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G4lX-MKrgI
This guy explains to you more on why these cutscene are worst decision on repetitive gameplay...
Go to minute 2:30.
This guy already post and notice this video on May 28, 2012
And Blizzard still didnt notice this as a PROBLEM till this day...
Edited by DragonDutz#6607 on 2/11/2013 6:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 07:41 AMPosted by Conan
esc or spacebar will shut those up lol

Yea, but after almost a year of playing I shouldn't have to press esc or the space bar 900 million god damn times.

wow, talk about first world problems. who knew that pressing the space bar would cause someone so much grief!
Reply Quote
wow, talk about first world problems. who knew that pressing the space bar would cause someone so much grief!

First world problems while "enjoying" a first world activity? Genius.
Reply Quote
View profile
02/11/2013 06:08 AMPosted by Waitubold

HC death isn't always about a lack of skills.

Por ejemplo:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7894149468

I guess that is another good reason why I play SC. So I do not have that frustration. But still playing Hardcore characters whether you die due to a lack of skill, disconnect lag, etc..., all goes with the territory. That is something that any hardcore player that plays HC have to get use to.

Although skill is an important factor that will determine just how far you can go before getting killed.
Reply Quote

That is not a solution to this problem at all. Im not going to stop playing HC as I dont care if I die. I enjoy trying to get farther and farther. Id rather practice in HC and die than play SC.

I just hope Blizzard is considering this for an upcoming patch. Not being able to disable Cutscenes/Dialog is one thing that has bothered me since launch. The enjoyment of the game outweighs the annoyance but that doesnt mean that the annoyance should not be dealt with.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]