Diablo® III

How to disable cutscenes???

I found a possible workaround for disabling the cutscenes. It was so obvious yet I kept neglecting it for a very long time but not anymore. I used it and the cutscenes just vanished. Don't get too excited, I'm talking about the Uninstall feature, hey! it works!
Reply Quote
yeah i'd like an option to disable them all
Reply Quote
PlayedCutscene “X”
There are 4 values from 0-3. This command indicates which video should be played in the Acts. delete these so the videos don’t play.

its in your diablo config aka ini file...

cant miss it all the other settings are there 2 .
Edited by Sorsha#1578 on 2/11/2013 11:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
PlayedCutscene “X”
There are 4 values from 0-3. This command indicates which video should be played in the Acts. delete these so the videos don’t play.

All that does is not play the act cutscenes. That is the least of the issues since they already dont play once you are past normal. I am talking about all the ingame cutscenes and dialog. The boss intros, cains death, finding adria, ect. The dialog like in act 2 when Adria talks to Leah forever before you can even start the quest.

Im looking for an option that would disable theses things. The quests would just move one to next part, no talking involved. The bosses would just be spawned without any intro, like in Diablo 2. Belial and Diablo's boss fight phases would just move on to the next part without having to manually skip them.

This would also make me want to actually start farming the WHOLE ACT instead of just starting it on the last quest before the boss. This way we as players would get more use from the bonus drops that the mini bosses get from nephalem valor.

There is no downside to adding an option to turn this stuff off and I think it should be high on their QoL features for future patches.
Reply Quote
blizz should do this
but they wont cuz they fail :(
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 07:23 AMPosted by Blashyrkh
It would be a great option to permanently disable all cutscenes and the random dialogue boxes that constantly litter your screen interrupting combat. One or 2 times is fine, but there's only so much a player can take of those silly ingame malware popups of stupid demons telling you all their plans in a cheesy way without starting to hate them. TBH i really prefered the D2 style of character exposure: A strong punchline before the boss encounter and that's it.

/signed

I can't stand Diablo's voice! It reminds me of every female boss I ever had in the passed.
Reply Quote
Now that they want us to include the mini bosses in farming for plans, I think this option should be placed even higher on their to-do list.
Reply Quote
PlayedCutscene “X”

All that does is not play the act cutscenes. That is the least of the issues since they already dont play once you are past normal. I am talking about all the ingame cutscenes and dialog. The boss intros, cains death, finding adria, ect. The dialog like in act 2 when Adria talks to Leah forever before you can even start the quest.

Im looking for an option that would disable theses things. The quests would just move one to next part, no talking involved. The bosses would just be spawned without any intro, like in Diablo 2. Belial and Diablo's boss fight phases would just move on to the next part without having to manually skip them.

This would also make me want to actually start farming the WHOLE ACT instead of just starting it on the last quest before the boss. This way we as players would get more use from the bonus drops that the mini bosses get from nephalem valor.

There is no downside to adding an option to turn this stuff off and I think it should be high on their QoL features for future patches.

make a 0 bite video and replace there videos with your video's it will just blank for a second its not a built in game option but at least u wont have to watch them.
Edited by Sorsha#1578 on 2/20/2013 2:12 AM PST
Reply Quote

make a 0 bite video and replace there videos with your video's it will just blank for a second its not a built in game option but at least u wont have to watch them.

Are you being intentionally obtuse? OP is talking about boss introductions, forced dialog, and immersion breaking in-game cutscenes. He is NOT talking about act-ending cinematics.
Reply Quote
The worst part of it all is that it's corny as hell.

Knowing this new Blizzard, the "turn off all dialogue/pop ups/breaks in play" option will be a feature in the expansion
Reply Quote

Are you being intentionally obtuse? OP is talking about boss introductions, forced dialog, and immersion breaking in-game cutscenes. He is NOT talking about act-ending cinematics.

auh those cutseens good luck... I thought they were asking about the pre rendered ones. eg the cgi ones sorry.
Reply Quote
I play with the volume off because I hate hearing dialogue that was obviously written by the Situation.

If I hear one more line about the scoundrel eyeing the enchantress I will blow my eardrums out.
Reply Quote
The only way I've been able to handle this is by turning off NPC dialogue from showing up in the chat window, muting the game, and avoiding any content that involves chatting with bosses.

Every time I see the little speech bubble above the scoundrels head it serves as a painful reminder of the horrible dialogue.

It's funny though going to normal and killing diablo with a 60... you press escape and click yes please skip this crap more times than you actually hit her.
Reply Quote
The only way I've been able to handle this is by turning off NPC dialogue from showing up in the chat window, muting the game, and avoiding any content that involves chatting with bosses.

Ya, pretty much the same, except sometime I have to redo the story when leveling a new HC character. So even though I get no voice I still have to skip all the dialog boxes and in game cutscenes manually by pressing space bar a billion times. I may have to charge Blizzard for a new keyboard if they expect me to do this for years. :)
Reply Quote
I'm pretty sure we all waste a hell of a lot more time elsewhere in the world than pressing one simple esc key. I didn't get no mama feeding me with an airplane spoon you spoiled brats.
Reply Quote
02/23/2013 04:42 PMPosted by kirawr
I'm pretty sure we all waste a hell of a lot more time elsewhere in the world than pressing one simple esc key. I didn't get no mama feeding me with an airplane spoon you spoiled brats.

Ad hominem.
Straw man.
Red herring.
Irrelevant argument.

How many logic fallacies will he go for next!
Reply Quote
Ad hominem.
Straw man.
Red herring.
Irrelevant argument.

No
No
No
and No

--- and you just did red herring. stupid kid.

--Edit
Oh wait, sorry for being so mean. Please do continue to flaunt your highschool knowledge in petty attempts of sarcasm. I know you can't anywhere else.
Edited by kirawr#1141 on 2/23/2013 4:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/23/2013 04:42 PMPosted by kirawr

Thanks for the insult and adding nothing constructive to this discussion.

This is a quality of life feature, something that would improve the game without making it worse for anyone. This is not a nerf or buff that people would get upset about. This is straight up improvement to the game if the option were to be added. Hitting spacebar and esc is simple, but that doesn't mean it should be the final solution. Having check boxes that turn off these features would lead to a much smoother gaming experience, especially one that is designed to be repeated for a decade or more.

I have offered a suggestion to improve it and I have not demanded it be done instantly. I just think it should be pretty high on their priority list for the next couple of patches. A completely reasonable expectation.
Reply Quote
What else is there to add that can be constructive?!

We can already skip cut-scenes and dialogue by pressing escape and spacebar. But it's not good enough because we don't want to press escape or spacebar?!

The only hindrance I can think of is if someone is running D3 on below recommended specs and their computer takes time to process these scenes.

When the options for...
[ ]Disable Cutscenes
[ ]Disable Dialogues

come out, I will remember this thread and everyones' laziness. It doesn't hurt anyone in anyway, but it's just a degradation of humanity in my eyes, similar to the US educational system.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]