Diablo® III

Looking for advice to get back to D3 as a DH

Hi all, I haven't played much diablo 3 since near its release. I played a little when paragon levels were announced, but since then haven't much.

I've been looking into a lot of the gear that DH's here have, and a lot of it costs a lot of gold on the AH. With my gear and stats, I've just been playing act 1 still. Are there certain pieces I should try to grab first to get into these other MP modes and further acts?

I guess I'm just looking to see what should I prioritize to try and improve my farming.
Reply Quote
Hi Brandon,

The easiest to upgrade would be your rings and shoulders. A dex ring with moderate crit dmg n crit chance costs much cheaper now than your time. Can get both for under 1m.

As for shoulders go for a Vile Ward that your budget allows you to.

Weapon wise you can choose either manticore calamity or windforce, with a socketed windforce being cheapest amongst the three at the 1200+ Dps range. This will cost abt 5-10m.

I can't review the specifics of your gears cause my browser ain't working right, but the above should guide you along.

Rgds
Reply Quote
Thank you for the information.

As far as farming goes, are there certain stat levels that I can move forward into other acts with? I have been doing Act 1 for a while in inferno, and needless to say its definitely boring :)

I'll definitely farm up some gold and invest in those items first that you mentioned. I actually have a 1 socket manticore so far.

Edit: I think one of my biggest issues is I'm so far behind the times. When I was playing last year over the summer, things were so much different than they are now, and the game was in a completely different state. I appreciate any input and have found some other good threads that also have good information on surviving in lower modes.
Edited by yesimbrandon#1215 on 2/8/2013 10:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
It shouldn't be too hard to get into act 3 mp0, but your survivability is really low. You definitely need to look into more Vit and AR on any piece of gear and for a very cheap amount of gold pick up the Natalya chest and either helm or boots if you can afford. The 2 pieces just for the 7% crit will boost your dps quite a bit. Look into a Deadman's legacy to replace your quiver, but get one with at least 15% attack speed. Your pants and belt could be replaced as well, same amount of dex but with vit and AR should be pretty cheap.

I have seen some pretty cheap depth diggers (pants), you could look up those and see if there's anything good. I might have a few pieces I can donate to you if you wanna add me.

Good luck.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the good info, I'll definitely look into that.

Yeah I see now when I look at profiles that most people have at least like 35k health and 250-300 resists or so. I probably was just prioritizing pure DPS stats when I first played.
Reply Quote
If anyone stumbles upon this thread with similar questions, try the below thread. It has great starter and high level gear information along with expected prices.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7593579872
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]