Diablo® III

Rend and Whirlwind

All this goes to prove is that you will attempt to find any reason to argue with me....even if you have no ground to stand on.

I didn't come in here looking for an argument....I apologize to the readers of this thread for falling into this trap. I am done here unless acrimony has some sort of evidence of all these claims he makes.
Reply Quote
Guys, you are both well respected members here, why all the fighting in every thread you two appear in? Does every thread have to be ruined by a soap opera drama fest? You guys are both cool in my book, can we move past this now and carry on with the topic at hand?
Reply Quote
@Death. Sure. Let's move on. I would really like to see more Barbarians switch from War Cry to Rend's Lacerate. Or Ravage. It's a terrific skill to have; even better now that we know it resets the hand orientation to the main hand.
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 08:00 PMPosted by acrimonious
@Death. Sure. Let's move on. I would really like to see more Barbarians switch from War Cry to Rend's Lacerate. Or Ravage. It's a terrific skill to have; even better now that we know it resets the hand orientation to the main hand.

It's an interesting feature that rend resets the orientation of weapons swung on a dual wield set up. Fortunately for me as a Skorn barb I don't have to worry about "last weapon swung" when I want to use a WW/HoTA Hybrid, but this information being posted (regardless of who's work it is) will help the barb community to better understand the mechanics of the build.

Just so we're clear I'm not sticking up for either of you, just trying to quell the tide before it overflows again. Like I said I think you are both great contributors to the community and you guys would better serve the community by continuing to post your tests and intelligently discuss or even debate the mechanics of certain builds rather than bicker endlessly between you.
Edited by Death#1408 on 2/8/2013 8:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
Wat.

I thought the optimal DW for higher geared WW barbs is rare mace mainhand and EF offhand (AKA same APS both hands)

(Of course for WW barbs with $15,000 to spend, there are godly EFs for mainhands)
Reply Quote
Wat.

I thought the optimal DW for higher geared WW barbs is rare mace mainhand and EF offhand (AKA same APS both hands)

(Of course for WW barbs with $15,000 to spend, there are godly EFs for mainhands)

Yes and No. The EF in the off-hand is the best in slot. But there are many out there who prefer rare mace, faster dagger/sword in the offhand. Ryotaro is one of those guys. I think he's one of the top Barbarians still.
Reply Quote
Also, on topic, I would like to point out Overpower is still a better skill for a WW barb than Rend...where it really shines is when you use them both together.

If you have to make a choice between Overpower and Rend....your choice should be Overpower.
Edited by Wayneold#1685 on 2/8/2013 8:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
Ive just started rend/whirlwind after getting ias up (Needs more yet)
I find this topic very informative and helpfull, thanks all
Reply Quote
Rend is awesome. OP:KS is awesome. DTWW is overpowered. Might as well mash them altogether.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]