Diablo® III

YIKES!!

Diablo 3 is behind BF3, World of Tanks?!

http://www.xfire.com/games#/games/index

Some say this game is dying, others say its not... Not sure what those numbers mean, but when you lose to a game called, World of Tanks... somthing isnt right.

Thoughts?

xfire? LOL... 1 out of every 200 gamers use that app (probably less than that)
Reply Quote
View profile
02/08/2013 09:56 AMPosted by briarben

Then, logically, it would follow that if you multiplied the # of players and # of hours played by a factor of 200 for each game, you could get an accurate measure of play time for each of those games? Of course, by that metric, the rankings of the games would remain identical.

I believe this would qualify them as a "sample population."

Unless, of course, Xfire users are biased and have a natural disposition towards disliking Diablo 3. Which is, of course, highly unlikely.

It's like the Nielsen ratings for television. They can't sample every home in America, but they can give a pretty accurate picture of what shows people are watching.
Reply Quote

I don't think you have a very good understanding of the word Hypocrite and what it means.

Considering you actually thought to capitalize the word when it wasn't needed, yeah I think I do have a bigger understanding of the word than you ever will. If he's really listing $15 a month as a reason for not playing and then goes ahead and spends much more than that on sets then yes, that is being a hypocrite.

Thanks for playing.

Kind of have to agree with that, 300K dps is not cheap...
Reply Quote
Diablo 3 is behind BF3, World of Tanks?!

http://www.xfire.com/games#/games/index

Some say this game is dying, others say its not... Not sure what those numbers mean, but when you lose to a game called, World of Tanks... somthing isnt right.

Thoughts?

All I play right now is PoE and World of Tanks. I, however, do not use XFire. PoE satiates my "rpg" needs and WoT satiates my "FPS" needs.

Funny because a decade ago it was: D2 satiated my RPG needs and Counterstrike was my FPS. I always kept a balance.
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 10:36 AMPosted by CoolHandLuke

Then, logically, it would follow that if you multiplied the # of players and # of hours played by a factor of 200 for each game, you could get an accurate measure of play time for each of those games? Of course, by that metric, the rankings of the games would remain identical.

I believe this would qualify them as a "sample population."

Unless, of course, Xfire users are biased and have a natural disposition towards disliking Diablo 3. Which is, of course, highly unlikely.

It's like the Nielsen ratings for television. They can't sample every home in America, but they can give a pretty accurate picture of what shows people are watching.

Note the "probably less than that"

I imagine I'm way off.. and less than 1 in 200,000 gamers use that piece of excrement comm app.
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 12:39 AMPosted by XSteelX
Not sure what those numbers mean

So why worry about it?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]