Diablo® III

Overpriced Auction House Items

There should be a user option that would direct the auction house to avoid listing items where the current bid exceeds 120% of the player's available gold. The player cannot bid on an item that costs more than what is available to spend. Therefore, why waste both the time to display those items, and the player's time trying to find affordable items.

The aspect of setting a maximum value for display applies to the buyout price. That does nothing to filter out both those items that lack a buyout price listing, and those that are too expensive to be purchased based on the current bid value.
Reply Quote
What you really want, I think, is a checkbox that says, "include bid items". If you enter 20,000,000, the game woudl include all buyouts up to 20m, and all bid items with a current bid up to 20m.

I think that would be more useful, as sometimes, you can borrow gold from a friend (I've done this many times...)
Reply Quote
The problem with assumptions is that 80% of the time an assumption is not valid.

You have assumed that a given player has friends. I have neither friends who play Diablo III, nor large amounts of gold.
Reply Quote
Um, because I might be waiting for a sale and looking at prices?
Reply Quote
View profile
Time and hard work can take care of many needs and desires in D3. Many people I see do not want to partake in either of those options.......
Reply Quote
The problem with assumptions is that 80% of the time an assumption is not valid.

You have assumed that a given player has friends. I have neither friends who play Diablo III, nor large amounts of gold.

Why have 120% gold then? Where would you possibly get 20% more gold, if you have nobody to borrow it from? Anyhow, 20% is a very arbitrary number; in my opinion, a max bid/buyout feature that included bid items allowing one to enter the maximum amount would be useful.

By the way, I found the game to be a lot more fun after making in-game friends. Plus, good friends help you acquire better items... and more gold.
Reply Quote
The 20% value above the current level of gold is not arbitrary. It is about what I can collect in the battlefield in a short amount of time.

With respect to making friends, I am lucky if I can get an hour or two per day to play Diablo. I am not able to be consistent as to the time of day to get access to the computer. Most players "recruit" friends from their real world associations with high school or college friends. Or they may have found gamers among the people who work at the same company.

I retired from industry after a Boeing layoff in the mid 1990's. Ended up with my wife providing 24/7 care to my mother. She was over 90 at the time. I graduated from high school more than fifty years ago. The couple of friends I had from that time are both dead. Most of the people I remember from college years are also dead.

Friendship is great if you are a social person.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]