Diablo® III

331k dps Glasscanon

SO here i am again! Another video to prove that you dont need manticore for high dps and that u can own with a LOW ehp. Last video i was using steady aim and windforce and had 320k dps or something like that. I had to quit my lovely wf (T_T) to get more dps, so here i am with calamity (thx to Archimonde for his patience and advice) lot of changes in the game play and skills, see below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNr-ALlU4qc&feature=youtu.be (DONT FORGET THE 1080P)

My dh has :
331k dps
31k hp
186AR
65CC
474CD
3k dext
3 atkspd

Skills:
Smoke Screen-Lingering Fog
Preparation-Backup Plan
Shadow Power-Gloom
Hungering Arrow-Spray or Teeth
Bola Shot-Thunder Ball
Spike Trap- Echoing Blast
PASSIVE:
Archery
Vengeance
Night Stalker

Comment here or on Youtube, Thanks for watching! :)
Edited by FLIGHT#1109 on 2/8/2013 12:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
Oh and this is mp 8
Reply Quote
Very nice to see you changed your build and tactics now you got your Calamity.
No more ball lighting and steady aim.

I see less kiting now, and more upfront damage via Thunderball bola crowd control and AOE.
Then picking off single targets using hungering arrow.
Reply Quote
You can try adding catrops/hooked spine, which increases your ovreall sustained damage by a good margin, and you can then swap in the much needed Steady Aim for higher dps at mp8-10.
Edited by Cyon#1808 on 2/8/2013 1:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
i run a similar build... but swap gear daily depending how i want my toon to look. xD

why vengeance tho?
with 3+ attack speed i'm never dry of hatred.
Reply Quote
I use vengeance for the discpline from the globes not for the hatred
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 01:12 PMPosted by Archimonde
now you got your Calamity.

How do u like it? got it for 500m ^^

Ill be on later tonight to give urs back
Reply Quote
I run a similar build using MFD Grim reaper for group killing. great against ubers when the two are CC'd by a CM Wiz.
Reply Quote
I ran a very similar build up until recently, less dps but more ehp. I didn't watch the whole video but I saw your life drop to almost nothing a lot of times, and you were doing a fair amount of kiting. I think you'd benefit from dropping some dps for ehp because you'd be able to turtle more often and stand next to your spike traps to maximize the explosions.

I like how you use HA and Bola effectively, I only used Thunderball but I see the benefits of using both. I liked caltrops jagged spikes in my build but I found I was better off with shuriken cloud because I was always tanking and shuriken cloud didn't burn my precious disc. Those are two abilities you may want to try in your build but I see your build is pretty refined. I never found a need for smoke screen and never died in MP8 but with less ehp you may need it.

I also used to vault into packs using trail of cinders so the trail would hit them, then my shuriken cloud would hit them, then I'd lay spike traps. It was pretty effective.

I get bored though, so I decided to go back to a Windforce build. I've still got a really nice calamity sitting in my bank for when I get bored of the Windforce hehe. The Windforce definitely isn't as effective as Calamity, but I just needed a chance of pace for awhile.
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 01:47 PMPosted by Merlin
I think you'd benefit from dropping some dps for ehp

My build is all about dps, its what im proving to the dh community that u dont NEED high ehp to have fun. Im not going to stack ar and vit cuz a glasscanon is so fun and challenging to play. Not interested to sit there and eat my cookies.

02/08/2013 01:47 PMPosted by Merlin
I get bored though, so I decided to go back to a Windforce build

Windforce will always stay my best weapon in this game, i had sooo much fun with it. But like you said its not as effective as calamity.
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 01:40 PMPosted by FLIGHT
now you got your Calamity.

How do u like it? got it for 500m ^^

Ill be on later tonight to give urs back

That is a very good buy at 500 mil, it gives me +2.3k dps compared to my Calamity.

Told you that you can skimp on the 10% AS and a bit lower CD for higher base damage, all for a cheaper price.
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 01:57 PMPosted by Archimonde
Told you that you can skimp on the 10% AS and a bit lower CD for higher base damage, all for a cheaper price

Yep i listened to you
Reply Quote
I get your point about having fun. When I play with Windforce it's about not getting hit, so when mobs do get past my knockback and get close I vault away and let them walk through the trail of cinders to get at me. So I vault a lot more and I have more disc for vault because I'm not getting hit and not needing to use gloom very often. I find it pretty fun to be more mobile, and quite honestly with this Windforce build I could easily drop a lot of ehp for dps and be fine. It does get pretty boring when you have crazy ehp and you don't ever really need to worry about getting hit except for standing in multiple arcane beams while in desecrate hehe. I just personally want to have good enough survivability that I rarely die because dying isn't that bad but it isn't fun because you either have to run back or cut your run shorter. Definitely do what is most fun for you. Cool to see that you can survive as well as you do with relatively low ehp.
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 02:03 PMPosted by Merlin
I get your point about having fun. When I play with Windforce it's about not getting hit, so when mobs do get past my knockback and get close I vault away and let them walk through the trail of cinders to get at me. So I vault a lot more and I have more disc for vault because I'm not getting hit and not needing to use gloom very often. I find it pretty fun to be more mobile, and quite honestly with this Windforce build I could easily drop a lot of ehp for dps and be fine. It does get pretty boring when you have crazy ehp and you don't ever really need to worry about getting hit except for standing in multiple arcane beams while in desecrate hehe. I just personally want to have good enough survivability that I rarely die because dying isn't that bad but it isn't fun because you either have to run back or cut your run shorter. Definitely do what is most fun for you. Cool to see that you can survive as well as you do with relatively low ehp.

lol yeah

Heres the video of my old build with wf
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4ixT-QjOo8

Was kind of an extreme sport haha
Edited by FLIGHT#1109 on 2/8/2013 2:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hey Jane.

I managed to get to 330k dps with Wind Force with decent ehp.

>:D

P.S. You Inspired me by the way, before when you used your wind force.

I'm gona keep going to increase dps.
Edited by FrozenArrow#1722 on 2/8/2013 4:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
If you're trying to maximize your damage (assuming that's what a glass cannon would want) wouldn't an Inna's belt give you significantly more dps considering you're using a black damage weapon? I'm not 100% sure it would, just some food for thought (it does on me, but my gear doesn't compare)
Reply Quote
:)) congrats on your steal on that calamity, seems like the Windforce club need a new president haha.
Edited by ZzSikkzZ#1965 on 2/8/2013 9:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hey Jane.

I managed to get to 330k dps with Wind Force with decent ehp.

>:D

P.S. You Inspired me by the way, before when you used your wind force.

I'm gona keep going to increase dps.

haha ty :) yeppp dps all the way!

and btw jane is just my dh name lol im a girl but thats not my name ;)
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 05:51 PMPosted by Rastah
If you're trying to maximize your damage (assuming that's what a glass cannon would want) wouldn't an Inna's belt give you significantly more dps considering you're using a black damage weapon? I'm not 100% sure it would, just some food for thought (it does on me, but my gear doesn't compare)

Hmm not sure
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 09:19 PMPosted by ZzSikkzZ
:)) congrats on your steal on that calamity, seems like the Windforce club need a new president haha.

Hahah i nominate you as my successor :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]