Diablo® III

WW Barb with Shield?

Noticed almost everyone suggests dual wielding, but I swapped a SS out for OH and it seems I am killing stuff at roughly the same speed. The really great part is that he just doesn't die at all now... laser fields are laughable and molten is a joke.

Think I am going to buy a better shield ( more CC ) when I get the funds since this just seems much hardier to me than a DW build.
Reply Quote
dont waste your $ anymore dual wield only way to go.if u upgrade shield you will just be selling it in awhile and losing $
Reply Quote
welcome to SWW and the rank of SnB barbs = )

Look for Baller's on fast plvling/farming
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7200084300?page=1

I recommend you do this on the MP that you can 1 pass whites, mine is mp2
for higher MPs I suggest you go with Crypter's HotA, as long as there's a enemy for me to HotA I can keep WoTB up on MP7
Reply Quote
Noticed almost everyone suggests dual wielding, but I swapped a SS out for OH and it seems I am killing stuff at roughly the same speed. The really great part is that he just doesn't die at all now... laser fields are laughable and molten is a joke.

Think I am going to buy a better shield ( more CC ) when I get the funds since this just seems much hardier to me than a DW build.

You might want to experiment with different passives. Animosity and Unforgiving are both really good for SnB WW at low MP. If you do higher MP, Tough as Nails will help you more than Bloodthirst.
Reply Quote
If a shield is improving your ww build then something is wrong elsewhere (probably your ar/armor are too low). Don't get me wrong; snb is a no-brainer for tanky barb, but ww hinges on regaining life through ls/loh. Loh scales with attack speed, ls scales with dps. Shield helps you with neither vs an offhand.
Reply Quote
Is it possible that a shield can give higher CC, so
=> more crits, more life can steal from crits
=> less likely to die and generate fury fast
So it can help in WW too this way?

02/08/2013 05:48 PMPosted by donk
If a shield is improving your ww build then something is wrong elsewhere (probably your ar/armor are too low). Don't get me wrong; snb is a no-brainer for tanky barb, but ww hinges on regaining life through ls/loh. Loh scales with attack speed, ls scales with dps. Shield helps you with neither vs an offhand.
Reply Quote
Baller was using Shield + WW for the longest time IIRC. Even though it cuts your tDPS by a third, it is still a very practical way to 'protect' yourself; especially in Hardcore. I was watching the progress of this guy named JustinPeters in the European realm -- he zinged 100 last night with 3% leech, less than 100k DPS, and Inspiring Presence at MP1. It was the first time I have seen anyone use 3% leech and Inspiring Presence to sustain. Very cool.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]